Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
At this time of year it seem really dumb not to have individual threads on our possible draft options. Just my 2 cents, i hate having to sift thru hundreds of posts to see if we've talked about certain players.

Re: Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Jackson to Sydney for Vespremi and pick 21
Tambling to Brisbane for Sherman
Thursfield to Hawthorn for Dowler
Houli PSD
That is all

LOL we are going to give our 1st round pick and a previous years 1st round pick for a tagger with poor disposal :eek: You Tiges supporters make me laugh.

Jackson to Sydney for Vespremi and pick 21
Tambling to Brisbane for Sherman
Thursfield to Hawthorn for Dowler
Houli PSD
That is all
Gregs Beck and Miller say hi and Coburg says thanks :rolleyes:

How about this year we do something original like keeping our picks and only trade excess players like Thursty out for more picks. Swapping for fringe/mediocre players from other clubs where most have done stuff all after 4+ years in the AFL system does nothing to help us improve. 30 years of failed recruiting like those above trades and some of our supporters still think that kind of recruiting works :eek:.

LOL we are going to give our 1st round pick and a previous years 1st round pick for a tagger with poor disposal :eek: You Tiges supporters make me laugh.
Veszpremi at 21 y.o. has done exactly what in his 10 games in 3 years? So what if he was a first round pick (see Tambling). Just shows Sydney got it wrong in the 2007 draft with Rioli going the pick after Veszpremi. Veszpremi is just a fringe player at best at the Swans after one game in 2010. You'll be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. I sure hope Richmond stays well away.

Veszpremi at 21 y.o. has done exactly what in his 10 games in 3 years? So what if he was a first round pick (see Tambling). Just shows Sydney got it wrong in the 2007 draft with Rioli going the pick after Veszpremi. Veszpremi is just a fringe player at best at the Swans after one game in 2010. You'll be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. I sure hope Richmond stays well away.

^^ What he said about Vez.

And poor kicks have been known to win Brownlows ya know ;)

They often make me laugh too...good to know other club's supporters (i.e. those without yellow& black coloured glasses) see Jackson for the mediocre player that he really is....though I always suspected as much...:thumbsu:

Re: trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction KII

A recap of what has been rumoured regarding trade week:

- We're trading a second round pick for Sherman
- We've signed a heads of agreement with Houli.
- Tambling and Thursfield have asked to be traded.
- We're reportedly also looking at trading McGuane to GC. Although this has been shot down with a poster saying that Luke is having a good laugh about this rumour.
- We're also rumoured to be interested in Grigg from the Blues. News tonight is that Grigg has asked to be traded.

A recap of what has been rumoured regarding trade week:

- We're trading a second round pick for Sherman
- We've signed a heads of agreement with Houli.
- Tambling and Thursfield have asked to be traded.
- We're reportedly also looking at trading McGuane to GC. Although this has been shot down with a poster saying that Luke is having a good laugh about this rumour.
And apparently Barnzy's not too impressed with the current state of our list, nor the players rumoured to be heading our way. That pretty much covers it.

AFL site running with a story that the Dogs may chase hard for Sherman. If they offer us the Harbrow pick it would trump our second round offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dogs are into everyone but have nothing to offer with only they're compo pick in play really!

The strong word around town is that Sherman has his eyes set on Punt Road so let the dogs talk to him, let the blues talk to him, let the swans talk to him.......at the end of the day if he wants to wear the Yellow and Black then im confidant that we will make it happen if Dimma wants it to happen!

Blueinblood reported yesterday that Grigg had been resigned by the Blues and yet today he has asked the Blues for a trade:
General manager of football operations Steven Icke said the Blues were disappointed that Grigg wanted to leave.

"The club will now pursue all options during the exchange period to ensure the best possible outcome for the Carlton Football Club," he said.

Grigg joined Carlton from the North Ballarat Rebels as the club's second-round draft selection (No.19 overall) in 2006.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103516/default.aspx

Looks like the speculation that we're after him might have been right all along.

Went against everything i had been told. Infact Greg Swann was very confident he would sign this morning. Apparently he's Tigers bound. You will get him cheap, but it wont be till late in trade week. Youve got a gem here.
Don't take my post as having a pot shot at your info. I realise that things can change between what posters hear and what actually happens.

What would be a realistic trade for Grigg in you opinion, considering Swann has already said the Blues aren't interested in either Thursfield or Tambling and we're reportedly using our second round pick on Sherman.

Grigg, from what I have seen is a taller version of Edwards and he can find the ball. Gets a bit of it and has good pace and agility but can butcher the footy. Would this be a fair comparison?

What happened to the whole 'targetting good kicks only' mantra? The only good kicks we've been linked to so far are Veszpremi and Houli, and one of those is apparently off the table and the rumours about the other seem to have no basis in reality, only in fantasy.

I would take him if it meant PSD. Can find the footy and is quick and agile. Don't know much about his footskills but he can't be worse than White or King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back