Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as potential goes I have him as the drafts biggest sleeper currently. His movements up forward were very smart and strong. Actually quite an impressive kick on both sides of his body for a tall. Uses his strength very well and has the frame to become a bit of a beast.

Had a great presence on the game and also really competed well against Dodson in the ruck when he went in.
A huge lump of a lad but his movement isn’t slow. Has a mean streak about him aswel which is a huge plus for a key position player.

Very interested to see how he develops as the rest of this carnival and season goes on as he looks every bit of surprise bolter.
Watched the WA v SA game, and while the highlights reel for Gerreyn looks good, I didn’t think he was overly impressive. His size stood out but to me didn’t look overly athletic. Having said that it’s the only game I’ve seen him play, and maybe there’s upside.
WA have got some very draftable kids, Allan the one everyone talks about was ok (coming off back injury), but really like the look of
Hamish Davis 190cm 85kg, medium/ tall forward, who the commentators mentioned plays like a young Nat Fyfe. He’s got a bit of everything, speed, good mark, excellent below the knees.
Urquhart looks a very good inside mid who can burst out of stoppages, ready to go AFL body

For SA
Blues have a couple of rippers in the Camporeale twins

Last edited:
Probably take FOS.
Go Away GIF

Just to add, if we did the above we would have picks:-

2, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 20, 23 and 29 plus any upgrades for latter picks 38, 39 and beyond.
2 - Fin O'Sullivan
9 - Sam Lalor
11 - Matt Whitlock
12 - Jobe Shannahan
13 - Tobie Travaglia
15 - Taj Hotton
20 - Harvey Langford
23 - Isaac Kako
29 - Bo Allan

Rebuild complete

Jack Whitlock form's seem to have dropped, Matt has overtaken him. Both of them not named in the best players for Murray on the weekend.

At this stage I would be keen for us to go chips in for a top 3 pick and a top 10 pick to try and get one of O’Sullivan, Smith or Smile and then Jack Whitlock.

Seems like a draft that there should be some quality left on the board from 25-40

Last edited:
2 - Fin O'Sullivan
9 - Sam Lalor
11 - Matt Whitlock
12 - Jobe Shannahan
13 - Tobie Travaglia
15 - Taj Hotton
20 - Harvey Langford
23 - Isaac Kako
29 - Bo Allan

Rebuild complete
Not going to be cutting/trading 12 players. (10 ND spots / 1 Cat A rookie + Colina)
More likely 6 or 7 + 2 rookies (Coulthard, Colina) & elevate Bauer.

Jack Whitlock form's seem to have dropped, Matt has overtaken him. Both of them not named in the best players for Murray on the weekend.

I may of meant Matt. Not sure. Basically whatever the best key position player left between picks 7-12

Very interesting to see what North do if they end up with pick 1. Do they use it or do they split. With no clear KP player In the top 3 do they split and try and get 2 top 10 picks and try and get say a Whitlock and Trainor?
What I would do. But then I am a keyboard warrior with no real AFL recruitment background.

But they need KPFs and not more mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A workmanlike performance from Moraes who showed improved intent to apply defensive pressure at stoppage to pair with his always elite run and linking play. His disposal was solid and he created several scoring opportunities for teammates, as well as snagging a goal of his own.

Maybe we won't be worse off this year if picks beyond 40 have no value? That would make picks inside 40 more valuable and we already have 4 of those - 2, 22, 31 and 40.

Obviously 2 is off the table. But then we also have 41 and 49, you'd think 41 will end up inside 40 once the 1st or maybe 2nd bid is matched (after FA compensation picks), plus if Graham leaves as a free agent as expected we'd hopefully get a band 3 compo so that would be pick 23 currently. That makes 5 picks inside 40 that could all be well sought after.

Would mean 49, 58, 68 and 72 are worthless from a points perspective. 49 is still a mid 3rd rounder so decent for a deep draft.

Reckon Tobie Travaglia will go a lot higher than his current ranking. Kicked 3 goals for the Pioneers and named as their best player against Sandy

Kid looks like a gun to me

Intercepts everything down back

High marking wingman

Or goal kicking forward

If the proposed changes screw the Tigers ....you can bet your arse they will bring them in as soon as the AFL can .....Laura Kane is chopping at the bit to do it ....corruption at it finest
Well, least it will also screw a lot of other clubs harder than us if they bring it in this year.

Though I think it would only be fair to bring the changes in for the 2025 draft as clubs have made trading decisions based on the current system for this draft.

I personally think the changes should be simple.
  • remove the 20% discount. The fact a club has bidding rights is an advantage enough.
  • if the bid comes in the first round then a pick within the next ten picks must be involved for the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back