List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he has done a lot of work on it buts its got a long way to go still. It comes across as a bunch of nuff nuff Tigers supporter's in a circle jerk.
Expects a ****en podcast made by Bigfooty posters on the Tigers board to not be a circle jerk around the tigers.
Tv Show Lol GIF

The Taranto & Hopper moves make me feel quite uneasy. Their trade cost more than their contracts concern me. This all feels a bit like 83 Richmond, swinging their dicks to try and get back to the top quicker. Yes getting both while retaining our starting 22 makes us a much better team & more of a chance of winning the lot, but surely this will cost us a minimum of 2 years on the draft. Can't see us having any 1st rounder for 2 years & probably lucky to have a 2nd.

Its very hard to gauge our season so close to the wound. Yes, there were moments when i thought we looked very good, but we never looked like we were definitely going to win either. We always looked like we could lose a game in 10 minutes of stupidity. It was either that, or the AFL rooting us with umpiring etc. I am not sure how getting Taranto & Hopper changes all that. I was very comfortable us rebuilding - instead it seems like we are going to retool & tbh i doubt we have the substance.

My other concern is that GWS players have a pretty checkered past of big-name recruits working out at other clubs. Dylan Shiel, Zac Williams, Treloar, Devin Smith all underwhelmed especially in the scope of 7 year contracts. There are a lot of others that play or have played for Carlton that have taken just as long to start showing something decent. Statistically, you would think both are a 50/50 chance of meetings or surpassing expectations

I think i would be more comfortable with us sticking with the draft and continuing to sell players for more picks & picking a more elite talent to replace Dusty down the track.

The one thing we really lacked this year was a elite young talent we could get behind - Taranto & Hopper are not Elite.
Have you had a
He threw the first punch I'm just giving one back and to be frank it is a shite pod. Its immature, amateur and not particularly informative.

I know he has done a lot of work on it buts its got a long way to go still. It comes across as a bunch of nuff nuff Tigers supporter's in a circle jerk.

1. Drop the zoom format and do it as a pure podcast. I don't need to see what T71 looks like
2. Have a maximum of 3 people including yourself each week.
3. Decide what the pod stands for and what its trying to achieve.
4. Get some special guests on.
5. Have a set agenda for the home and away that listeners can relate to.
I’ve never read so much crap in my life.. you’re a salty clown 🤡

You do understand what a salary dump is don't you ? They've cooked their books.

Thanks but no thanks. Pretty sure we have it covered.

AFL will have their dirty little fingers all over this one.

Taranto will definitely be two 1st rounders, not necessarily high first rounders, but seems like a fair price.

Hopper almost certainly be a Top 10 compensation pick if they just hold onto him another year.

I would be surprised if they still had a salary cap issue after all of Taranto, Hill and Bruhn departed where they simply HAD to trade him out this year as opposed to waiting one more year.

Exactly you can clear the decks and rebuild at any point. Maybe you don’t have a first rounder the first year at worst, plus it just means you can be shitter the year after that.

Culture and development are the real keys a rebuild anyway otherwise GC, GWS, Carlton etc. would be unbeatable with all their top picks.
And in the meantime we continue to cash in with an annual 100k+ membership, generating massive yearly revenue and the subsequent building of infrastructure that will guide us through lean times, and make us a destination club for reasons other than current success, if that happens to evade us down the track.

David King didn't agree and was full of praise of our strategy.
King has always been very generous towards Richmond. Even pre-2017 he stuck fat that we were on the right track - maybe the odd negative comment, but certainly nothing worse than any of us were saying back then.

King also stated this morning (I reckon he was seriously just winding Cornes up by this stage :D) that the football world owes a huge debt to the Tigers for introducing a fantastic fast-flowing gung-ho game style which every team is now trying to emulate, to the betterment of the way the game looks. You could almost hear Cornes scowling in the background - he seriously despises us, that campaigner.

You’ve gotta laugh. Geelong’s strategy doesn’t allow for long term deals, but does allow giving away 3 x first round draft picks and a 5-year deal for 28yo Cameron. Cameron will be 2-years older than these guys when his huge contract ends.

Not saying Geelong made a mistake, but I’d rather give 2 x 25yo that cost 3 x first round picks a 7-year deal than 1 x 28yo that cost 3 x first round picks a 5 year deal….

You get 14+ years total footy out of our deal compared to 5+ out of Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Geelong got good picks for Tim Kelly.

AFL will have their dirty little fingers all over this one.

Taranto will definitely be two 1st rounders, not necessarily high first rounders, but seems like a fair price.

Hopper almost certainly be a Top 10 compensation pick if they just hold onto him another year.

I would be surprised if they still had a salary cap issue after all of Taranto, Hill and Bruhn departed where they simply HAD to trade him out this year as opposed to waiting one more year.
GTFO

Not self serving of RFC.

Self serving of Dimma and support cast. It a career move not a club move. Like the baby boomers screwing over the millenials

Dimma has to win a premiership in the next two years because he has made winning premierships in 5 to ten years time that much harder
Mate, you are carrying on a bit like a nong.

Last night you were wallowing in self pity on the cats board over the Hopper trade, looking for sympathy from oppo supporters

Get over it

Sen is a salt mine, people phoning in wanting rules changed 😂 very predictable, it was all laughs us getting shafted by the ARC NOT sticking to the"umpires call" rule but now that we appear to have pulled off a trade coup the tears are flowing

Sen is a salt mine, people phoning in wanting rules changed 😂 very predictable, it was all laughs us getting shafted by the ARC NOT sticking to the"umpires call" rule but now that we appear to have pulled off a trade coup the tears are flowing
**** them ALL
Saying it was a point, **** off, there is no evidence
We are following the rules, therefore, LOGICALLY, not doing anything wrong* by trading in players from a club that ****ed THEIR salary cap

*AFL will still try to **** us, the campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not self serving of RFC.

Self serving of Dimma and support cast. It a career move not a club move. Like the baby boomers screwing over the millenials

Dimma has to win a premiership in the next two years because he has made winning premierships in 5 to ten years time that much harder
How do you know it will be harder to win a flag in 5 to 10 years?

You are just making grandiose statements not based on anything because we have no idea what our list will look like in that time

Now Sam mclure praising gellong for there salary management saying hawkins is on 300k next year

Yet we do it with our veterans to fot in some people and we are seen as frauds and mismanagement

He threw the first punch I'm just giving one back and to be frank it is a shite pod. Its immature, amateur and not particularly informative.

1. Drop the zoom format and do it as a pure podcast. I don't need to see what T71 looks like
2. Have a maximum of 3 people including yourself each week.
3. Decide what the pod stands for and what its trying to achieve.
4. Get some special guests on.
5. Have a set agenda for the home and away that listeners can relate to.
Embarrassing melt 😂😂

Tom Browne saying that Hopper wanted an assurance that Dusty was staying. Dusty even went to out meeting with Hopper on Monday

The goat doing goat things even in the off season
This is actually AMAZING!

Tom Browne saying that Hopper wanted an assurance that Dusty was staying. Dusty even went to out meeting with Hopper on Monday

The goat doing goat things even in the off season
I can see Hopper being a WA fangirl and licking his hand after shaking it with Dusty
Who wouldnt change clubs to play with the Goat …

Can you not find any positives with getting 2 gun mids about to enter there prime?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Probably wouldn't find anything positive in winning first division in Tattslotto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back