Touring the new facility

Remove this Banner Ad

As I posted on another thread, Jen;

I went to a corporate function last Thursday held at the new Crows facilities.

Very simple to describe. Outstanding. :thumbsu:

The new "shed" is a superb area - massive. They had a set of goals set up inside for the players to have shots from up to around 50 plus metres.

A function area overhangs part of it it so it would be perfect to present players to the masses as well as for use as a function area.

I was fortunate enough to get a personalized tour of the museum, which for the information of Peter Goers amongst other things has memorabilia celebrating two premierships at AFL level as opposed to Port's solitary one. The museum was really interesting and once again beautifully done.

I enjoyed the replica changeroom as there is enormous history on the door of each locker. Who played in that number and their achievements.

I had a good look inside the holy of holies - the board-room where some good decisions and others best forgotten will be made. Naturally I couldn't resist having a sit in the Chairman's seat!! :)

There are excellent first floor outside areas from which training can be viewed.

I have to say, I was super impressed. Our club does most things right, and IMO this time they have excelled. :thumbsu:

I went on a tour a few weeks ago and I thought it was fantastic :thumbsu:The new building is just so clean and modern.

I absolutely loved the museum. There were some really interesting bits and pieces on show including one of Ben Hart's old contracts, Shaun Rhen's knee brace from one of the grand finals and the Adelaide Crows emblem that Andy Thomas wore into space. The replica locker room is really cool except for the one spelling error :p

I can imagine the Club will make a fair profit from more corporate functions before and after home games. The beauty of the one's prior to games is that you get the chance to watch the team warm up on the shed space bellow. Speaking of which, the shed space has a huge screen made up of plasmas on one wall and giant images of our 300 gamers on another.

What will be interesting is how, and who, will move chairs and tables onto the empty floor space once the players have finished up. Hopefully the weight of them doesn't ruin the floor either as its quite a soft and squidgy surface. Apparently its the same surface that was used for Volleyball at the Beijing Olympics.

Our tour guide also mentioned that the Club was hoping to put a giant screen on the outside of the facility for use on match days. Unfortunately they're not that cheap but I would love to see one, much like what they have at the Dome, in a couple years time.

I took a few photos as well Jenny so if you would like a squiz just PM me :)

My Father-in-law called me last night to say they'd taken the tour of the new facility and was very impressed. He said the size of the "new shed" needed to be seen to be believed. He loved the museum.

Anyone else been through?

On Sunday the Crows allowed 3 of the League Clubs (others in the coming weeks) to use their new facility for some u16 - u18 for a mini draft camp. It was unbelievable and fantastic that the Crows allowed its use by the league clubs.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Touring the new facility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back