Ticketing MCG - beware!

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone seen the seating plan for the MCG?

Absolutely crazy system - there are 7 categories. 1 being most expensive to 7 least expensive.

Some of the seats that you might pay $85 for are further away from the cheaper seats. I understand they might feel that some seats in level 2 have a better view than level 1, but if you have a look at the map the categories are really all over the place. Top deck of Olympic Stand is broken into 3 different categories for example.

So just a warning about selecting 'best available' seats. I assume the computer will issue you the highest priced ticket at that time. So don't get sucked into thinking that you won't end up seated back further than people who have paid less for a seat than you. You're better off selecting specific club area and price category.

I guess it won't be too bad this week with us being the only Melbourne side in (although I do expect a pretty good showing for Adelaide).

http://www.mcg.org.au/~/media/files/mcg/general/mcg_seating_plan_2015_afl_finals_wk13.pdf?la=en

(hope this link works)

Also, don't forget to make sure you already know your ticketek log in and have your membership barcodes ready.

Not trying to tell people things they already know, but just thought it was worth a warning.

Has anyone seen the seating plan for the MCG?

Absolutely crazy system - there are 7 categories. 1 being most expensive to 7 least expensive.

Some of the seats that you might pay $85 for are further away from the cheaper seats. I understand they might feel that some seats in level 2 have a better view than level 1, but if you have a look at the map the categories are really all over the place. Top deck of Olympic Stand is broken into 3 different categories for example.

So just a warning about selecting 'best available' seats. I assume the computer will issue you the highest priced ticket at that time. So don't get sucked into thinking that you won't end up seated back further than people who have paid less for a seat than you. You're better off selecting specific club area and price category.

I guess it won't be too bad this week with us being the only Melbourne side in (although I do expect a pretty good showing for Adelaide).

http://www.mcg.org.au/~/media/files/mcg/general/mcg_seating_plan_2015_afl_finals_wk13.pdf?la=en

(hope this link works)

Also, don't forget to make sure you already know your ticketek log in and have your membership barcodes ready.

Not trying to tell people things they already know, but just thought it was worth a warning.
Thanks for the seating plan mate. It's super useful.

Am I reading that right seating plan right? If we want to sit toward the Bulldogs end, we have to be in that tiny section behind the goals, as both flanks to wing are reserved?

Yep. There will be bugger all support down 'our end.' For the ones that are down there, you'll have to cheer loud!

Am I reading that right seating plan right? If we want to sit toward the Bulldogs end, we have to be in that tiny section behind the goals, as both flanks to wing are reserved?
Yes or on the top deck, there will be Doggies MCC and AFL members you'd think

I always sit behind those goals at away games at the G, I wouldn't say it's tiny, easily 5-6-7k fit in there

Some solid seats in level P in the Southern Stand available it looks like for $64-72, bugger paying $40 to sit 25 rows up on level Q (level 4)

Yes or on the top deck, there will be Doggies MCC and AFL members you'd think

I always sit behind those goals at away games at the G, I wouldn't say it's tiny, easily 5-6-7k fit in there

Some solid seats in level P in the Southern Stand available it looks like for $64-72, bugger paying $40 to sit 25 rows up on level Q (level 4)
Do you know what price yellow are worth? Bloody adds up for a family of 5!

Yeah thats correct. The flanks to wing areas on either side are the MCC and AFL members. No different to home and away games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the useful info

Does anyone know how many tickets you can buy per club membership or if there is a restriction at all? My old man and I have a membership and we're wanting to get in three more adults and one child.

Do you know what price yellow are worth? Bloody adds up for a family of 5!
Yep it would, I'm a student myself but I've saved up for this.

Family package $144 in the yellow area, then add another ticket on that perhaps assuming your kids are juniors? $44 saved perhaps?

Thanks for the useful info

Does anyone know how many tickets you can buy per club membership or if there is a restriction at all? My old man and I have a membership and we're wanting to get in three more adults and one child.
I always thought it was one per member.

I always thought it was one per member.
At Domain Stadium it is restricted

But we should be able to buy extras, subject to capacity or something. I imagine there would be restrictions for Richmond Norf though with Richmond likely to rock up, would say 80-85k will go to that

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketing MCG - beware!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back