Education & Reference Things everybody knows except you

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
For some reason, I have never needed to know (and hence I do not know) what scaffolding is.

What are some basic items of knowledge that everybody seems to just know that you don't?

Stuff to do with cars and computers.

Same here.. and everyone in my family knows everything about cars and loves cars and have such a huge interest in cars.

And there I am. :(

my missus didnt understand what double or nothing meant. i won the first bet for $10, she called double or nothing and won but asked me for $20

LOL. My mum cant understand Deal or No Deal's rules- ive explained a hundred times she is such a twit. (Like your missus :D)

Yeah cars. I'm quite a good handyman around the house (can do basic plumbing, carpentry, tiling etc) but I'd struggle to pop the bonnet of my car.

My mum's from New Zealand and I've grown up hearing her call people a hard case, meaning they're funny/a dag or whatever. She called someone that at work the other day and they were offended, apparently over here it means rude/hard to get along with. She's lived here for 30 years and someone only just pointed it out to her.

Flybuys?

Am I the only one without one of these? WTF does she keep asking me?

If I want to fly I'll use a ****ing airline, not buy shit from Coles.

Ugh, yeah I dont have them either.

I shop at Coles, shits me to tears when they ask that. Why cant it be up to the friggin customer to remember- if you dont tell the cashier in time bad luck. Then the people like us who dont have it dont have to be annoyed by that ****ing question all the ****ing time. :rolleyes:

Another one here that doesn't understand Deal Or No Deal. I'd probably work it out if I could stand to watch that smarmy O'Keefe bastard for longer than 10 seconds.

I don't understand poker (mainly the betting process), I grew up playing bridge/500/euchre.

I'm sure there's other stuff; for someone in his mid-20s I'm hopelessly out of touch in a lot of ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand mobile phones at all, either using them or their appeal.

I don't understand the MacIntyre Final 8 finals system that the AFL used between 1994-99, and that the NRL still uses today.

Ugh, yeah I dont have them either.

I shop at Coles, shits me to tears when they ask that. Why cant it be up to the friggin customer to remember- if you dont tell the cashier in time bad luck. Then the people like us who dont have it dont have to be annoyed by that ****ing question all the ****ing time. :rolleyes:

It's because we have to ask it everytime in case we get mystery shoppers and they're really pedantic about asking the Flybuys question. So the store wants to maintain a good score by making sure all their checkout staff are doing the right thing and being friendly etc. Of course most checkout kids don't care much and most of the time neither does the service manager. The ones who ask you every single freakin time are the ones who take their job too seriously.

Anyway, for such a long time I thought "Firing squad" meant people were executed with a flame thrower... it wasn't until a few years ago that I learnt what they actually did.:p

How can somebody not know how deal or no deal works? :)
Guess thats the whle point of the thread though.

As for me... i know everything

Another one here that doesn't understand Deal Or No Deal. I'd probably work it out if I could stand to watch that smarmy O'Keefe bastard for longer than 10 seconds.

I don't understand poker (mainly the betting process), I grew up playing bridge/500/euchre.

I'm sure there's other stuff; for someone in his mid-20s I'm hopelessly out of touch in a lot of ways.

Yeah, I've never understood the process of poker either...

I get economics and business but I still have nfi what inflation is. I get all the hard concepts but god inflation confuses me.

What's to get? It's just the rate at which the price of goods increases over time.

My friend's mother up until I corrected her a couple of years ago had referred to the American flag her whole life as the "stars and bars". Despite living in America for a period, nobody ever told her that's actually the colloquial name for the Confederate flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Education & Reference Things everybody knows except you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back