Event The Sweet Olympic Games II - Sign-ups are closed

Remove this Banner Ad

That's right, you read the title correctly.
New Project.png

Welcome one and all to the Sweet Games of the II Olympiad, the follow-up to the Sweet Olympics thread I ended up running 6 seasons ago. Across the months of July and August (mostly August), the clubs of Sweet will send their best and their brightest to compete at venues across the region in one of 28 different disciplines and 42 separate events, to win gold for their club and bring glory to their suburb. This time around it'll only be summer sports being contested, maybe we'll have a winter variant in the future.

The 42 Sweet Olympic sports are as follows:​
Discipline​
Sport​
Minimum amount of competitors from each team​
Maximum amount of competitors from each team​
Aquatics​
100 metres freestyle​
1​
2​
Aquatics​
Diving Synchronized 10 m platform​
2​
2​
Aquatics​
Team Artistic Swimming​
3​
3​
Aquatics​
4 x 100 metres freestyle​
4​
4​
Archery​
Individual​
1​
3​
Athletics​
High Jump​
1​
2​
Athletics​
Javelin​
1​
2​
Athletics​
100 metres​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Long Jump​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Marathon​
1​
3​
Athletics​
4 × 100 metres relay​
4​
4​
Basketball​
3x3​
3​
3​
Breaking​
B-Person​
1​
2​
Canoeing​
Slalom C-1​
1​
1​
Cycling​
BMX race​
1​
3​
Cycling​
Team Pursuit​
4​
4​
Cycling​
Road race​
1​
5​
Equestrian​
Jumping​
1​
3​
Fencing​
Épée​
1​
3​
Golf​
Individual​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Trampoline​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Rhythmic​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Artistic​
1​
5​
Modern Pentathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Rowing​
Coxless four​
4​
4​
Sailing​
Laser​
1​
1​
Shooting​
25 metre rapid fire pistol​
1​
2​
Skateboarding​
Park​
1​
3​
Sport Climbing​
Speed​
1​
2​
Surfing​
Shortboard​
1​
2​
Table Tennis​
Doubles​
2​
2​
Taekwondo​
+80kg​
1​
1​
Tennis​
Singles​
1​
4​
Triathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Volleyball​
Beach Volleyball​
2​
4​
Weightlifting​
+102kg​
1​
1​

There will also be 5-on-5 Basketball, Indoor Volleyball, Rugby Sevens, Baseball, Cricket and Football. However, you won't be able to sign up for these sports (at least not in the traditional way). The only way for teams to participate in these sports is to have enough people sign up for other events. Get 5 people from your team to sign up, you have a Basketball team. Get 7 to join, you have a Rugby side. 11 participants gets your side a cricket team. This is done to try and promote getting your teammates to sign up if you want to be a part of those sports as well.

Events will be held in a variety of locations across the region, from the sport climbing at Mount Buller, to the rowing course along Sweet River in the CBD, all the way to the surfing off Dragon Island.

For the month of June, posters are encouraged to nominate themselves to compete in each of these events. There is a limit on how many competitors each club is allowed to nominate for each event and posters are limited to a maximum of eight events each in order to spread the glory around a little (sports such as Rugby, Cricket and Football are exempt from the 8).

You can nominate by posting in this thread, and you won't have to do anything if you nominate for a sport, all the simming and resulting will be done by myself, although banter is obviously encouraged.​

Discipline​
Sport​
Athletics​
Long Jump​
1​
3​
Athletics​
4 × 100 metres relay​
4​
4​
Shooting​
1​
2​
Surfing​
Shortboard​
1​
2​

Signing up for the above events, FootyGuy13 . I'll see if I can enlist 3 other OOB for the relay.

ADDENDUM: myblueroan convinced me to play horsey stuff as well, so please sign me up for the equestrian slot too.

Last edited:
View attachment 2005181

Welcome one and all to the Sweet Games of the II Olympiad, the follow-up to the Sweet Olympics thread I ended up running 6 seasons ago. Across the months of July and August (mostly August), the clubs of Sweet will send their best and their brightest to compete at venues across the region in one of 28 different disciplines and 42 separate events, to win gold for their club and bring glory to their suburb. This time around it'll only be summer sports being contested, maybe we'll have a winter variant in the future.

Discipline​
Sport​
Aquatics​
100 metres freestyle​
1​
2​
Aquatics​
2​
2​
Aquatics​
Team Artistic Swimming​
3​
3​
Aquatics​
4​
4​
Archery​
Individual​
1​
3​
Athletics​
High Jump​
1​
2​
Athletics​
Javelin​
1​
2​
Athletics​
100 metres​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Long Jump​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Marathon​
1​
3​
Athletics​
4 × 100 metres relay​
4​
4​
Basketball​
3x3​
3​
3​
Breaking​
B-Person​
1​
2​
Canoeing​
Slalom C-1​
1​
1​
Cycling​
BMX race​
1​
3​
Cycling​
Team Pursuit​
4​
4​
Cycling​
Road race​
1​
5​
Equestrian​
Jumping​
1​
3​
Fencing​
Épée​
1​
3​
Golf​
Individual​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Trampoline​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Rhythmic​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Artistic​
1​
5​
Modern Pentathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Rowing​
Coxless four​
4​
4​
Sailing​
Laser​
1​
1​
Shooting​
1​
2​
Skateboarding​
Park​
1​
3​
Sport Climbing​
Speed​
1​
2​
Surfing​
Shortboard​
1​
2​
Table Tennis​
Doubles​
2​
2​
Taekwondo​
+80kg​
1​
1​
Tennis​
Singles​
1​
4​
Triathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Volleyball​
Beach Volleyball​
2​
4​
Weightlifting​
+102kg​
1​
1​

There will also be 5-on-5 Basketball, Indoor Volleyball, Rugby Sevens, Baseball, Cricket and Football. However, you won't be able to sign up for these sports (at least not in the traditional way). The only way for teams to participate in these sports is to have enough people sign up for other events. Get 5 people from your team to sign up, you have a Basketball team. Get 7 to join, you have a Rugby side. 11 participants gets your side a cricket team. This is done to try and promote getting your teammates to sign up if you want to be a part of those sports as well.

Events will be held in a variety of locations across the region, from the sport climbing at Mount Buller, to the rowing course along Sweet River in the CBD, all the way to the surfing off Dragon Island.

For the month of June, posters are encouraged to nominate themselves to compete in each of these events. There is a limit on how many competitors each club is allowed to nominate for each event and posters are limited to a maximum of eight events each in order to spread the glory around a little (sports such as Rugby, Cricket and Football are exempt from the 8).

You can nominate by posting in this thread, and you won't have to do anything if you nominate for a sport, all the simming and resulting will be done by myself, although banter is obviously encouraged.​
Best and brightest hey?

Our team is full of dull and dumb campaigners. Do we qualify for the Winter Olympics with the other stoners?

Put me down for everything!
Animated GIF

I want those gold medals dammit!

Equestrian! You, me and Gralin can’t lose I reckon

View attachment 2006840

I’m also doing pentathlon and archery.
Seeing there's three of us, we should do the team artistic swimming as well.

I've watched the Rob Brydon film Swimming With Men. I know about these things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing there's three of us, we should do the team artistic swimming as well.

I've watched the Rob Brydon film Swimming With Men. I know about these things.
Sure I love swimming and…stuff

View attachment 2005181

Discipline​
Sport​
Aquatics​
100 metres freestyle​
1​
2​
Aquatics​
2​
2​
Aquatics​
Team Artistic Swimming​
3​
3​
Aquatics​
4​
4​
Archery​
Individual​
1​
3​
Athletics​
High Jump​
1​
2​
Athletics​
Javelin​
1​
2​
Athletics​
100 metres​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Long Jump​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Marathon​
1​
3​
Athletics​
4 × 100 metres relay​
4​
4​
Basketball​
3x3​
3​
3​
Breaking​
B-Person​
1​
2​
Canoeing​
Slalom C-1​
1​
1​
Cycling​
BMX race​
1​
3​
Cycling​
Team Pursuit​
4​
4​
Cycling​
Road race​
1​
5​
Equestrian​
Jumping​
1​
3​
Fencing​
Épée​
1​
3​
Golf​
Individual​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Trampoline​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Rhythmic​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Artistic​
1​
5​
Modern Pentathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Rowing​
Coxless four​
4​
4​
Sailing​
Laser​
1​
1​
Shooting​
1​
2​
Skateboarding​
Park​
1​
3​
Sport Climbing​
Speed​
1​
2​
Surfing​
Shortboard​
1​
2​
Table Tennis​
Doubles​
2​
2​
Taekwondo​
+80kg​
1​
1​
Tennis​
Singles​
1​
4​
Triathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Volleyball​
Beach Volleyball​
2​
4​
Weightlifting​
+102kg​
1​
1​

I nominate Mofra for Archery.

Zt2W64F.gif

View attachment 2005181

Discipline​
Sport​
Aquatics​
100 metres freestyle​
1​
2​
Aquatics​
2​
2​
Aquatics​
Team Artistic Swimming​
3​
3​
Aquatics​
4​
4​
Archery​
Individual​
1​
3​
Athletics​
High Jump​
1​
2​
Athletics​
Javelin​
1​
2​
Athletics​
100 metres​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Long Jump​
1​
3​
Athletics​
Marathon​
1​
3​
Athletics​
4 × 100 metres relay​
4​
4​
Basketball​
3x3​
3​
3​
Breaking​
B-Person​
1​
2​
Canoeing​
Slalom C-1​
1​
1​
Cycling​
BMX race​
1​
3​
Cycling​
Team Pursuit​
4​
4​
Cycling​
Road race​
1​
5​
Equestrian​
Jumping​
1​
3​
Fencing​
Épée​
1​
3​
Golf​
Individual​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Trampoline​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Rhythmic​
1​
2​
Gymnastics​
Artistic​
1​
5​
Modern Pentathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Rowing​
Coxless four​
4​
4​
Sailing​
Laser​
1​
1​
Shooting​
1​
2​
Skateboarding​
Park​
1​
3​
Sport Climbing​
Speed​
1​
2​
Surfing​
Shortboard​
1​
2​
Table Tennis​
Doubles​
2​
2​
Taekwondo​
+80kg​
1​
1​
Tennis​
Singles​
1​
4​
Triathlon​
Individual​
1​
2​
Volleyball​
Beach Volleyball​
2​
4​
Weightlifting​
+102kg​
1​
1​

I had been asked about it lately

I was planning on trying out for curling
🧹
I swear that’s the first thing I looked for, absolutely LOVE watching curling it’s so crazy…but unfortunately it’s a winter sport 😭

IMG_5228.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back