Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it top floor?? Can you install roof windows/shutters? Like Velux stuff

Unfortunately no - it is bottom floor of a hi-rise complex, with neighbours on both sides. Light can only come in through one end (the kitchen) and it doesn’t have frosted doors or walls internally to let any light into the bedroom. Definite dungeon vibes, but in a quiet area so no noise issues.

Unfortunately no - it is bottom floor of a hi-rise complex, with neighbours on both sides. Light can only come in through one end (the kitchen) and it doesn’t have frosted doors or walls internally to let any light into the bedroom. Definite dungeon vibes, but in a quiet area so no noise issues.
Yeh screw that

I'm fairly sure that doesn't meet minimum standards for liveable rooms.

Did you know that in Perth you can donate your poo so they can extract the good gut bacteria and give it to people who have gut problems. Found this out on my blood donor app, couldn’t believe it 😂.

Did you know that in Perth you can donate your poo so they can extract the good gut bacteria and give it to people who have gut problems. Found this out on my blood donor app, couldn’t believe it 😂.
Imagine doing it and getting a call to tell you that you don't have the stuff

Imagine doing it and getting a call to tell you that you don't have the stuff
My wife was annoyed yesterday as she couldn’t donate blood as her pulse rate was too high, she’s even more annoyed I’m one donation ahead of her now.

My wife was annoyed yesterday as she couldn’t donate blood as her pulse rate was too high, she’s even more annoyed I’m one donation ahead of her now.
It's the little things

What is the go with Unions ? I'm being pressured to join so we can be negotiated onto a new EBA. Can I just join for like 2months then leave ?

I have no idea how it works and to be honest can't be ****ed

It doesn't make a difference if you join or not in regards with a new EBA but if you personally have an issue in the future and are with the union then you will be able to get there help because you are member.

For a nationwide company in Australia it might be different, but I never joined the union and I still got what everyone else did and everyone who was with the union complained that they were useless.

What do people think about buying a property (2 bedroom apartment) where the bedrooms have no windows and no natural light source? Is it an instant do not buy? I don’t even know these things existed - the price is great but I’m assuming this is why.
Do you like the idea of having a bedroom with no windows or natural light?

Is that even legal in your area?

It doesn't make a difference if you join or not in regards with a new EBA but if you personally have an issue in the future and are with the union then you will be able to get there help because you are member.

For a nationwide company in Australia it might be different, but I never joined the union and I still got what everyone else did and everyone who was with the union complained that they were useless.
Wait until you see what they do in the US when someone even posts the word "Union" on social media.

What is the go with Unions ? I'm being pressured to join so we can be negotiated onto a new EBA. Can I just join for like 2months then leave ?

I have no idea how it works and to be honest can't be ****ed

Only those in the union can attend EBA meetings and vote on whether to accept it

Everyone’s receives the same benefits

Yes you can join and then leave once the EBA is sorted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only those in the union can attend EBA meetings and vote on whether to accept it

Everyone’s receives the same benefits

Yes you can join and then leave once the EBA is sorted

I worked for a nationwide company for 10 years and always got a vote and was allowed to sit in on meetings during work hours. I never joined the union.

Maybe it's different when it's a small company dealing with the union.

Wait until you see what they do in the US when someone even posts the word "Union" on social media.

I'm not sure I want to see hehe!

Fairly happy to live in a country where I've never felt the need to join a union.

Although making a threat to go to the union did seem to make some managers and bosses sit up straight.

Very interesting that the US swimmers are keeping an eye on the Aussies.

Several Americans have been faster than ever before here at U.S. trials — but some not quite as fast as their Australian counterparts.

Regan Smith, for example, set an American record in her 100-meter backstroke semifinal Monday night, finishing in 57.47 seconds. But she was still 0.14 seconds off Australian Kaylee McKeown’s world record, and 0.06 slower than McKeown’s winning time last week at Aussie trials.

Smith, on Monday, was asked about chasing McKeown’s record. “It’s just all about details,” she said. “And Kaylee’s wonderful at just executing everything perfectly.”

Cmon, why dont you yanks throw some druggies barbs at the aussies?

What do people think about buying a property (2 bedroom apartment) where the bedrooms have no windows and no natural light source? Is it an instant do not buy? I don’t even know these things existed - the price is great but I’m assuming this is why.
I think that would drive me nuts but it might suit the right person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back