The Gooch .....

Remove this Banner Ad

MikeBios

Debutant
Apr 12, 2007
Goochville
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm a big fan of "the Gooch" Grant Birchall, he's still young and has a lot of improvement in him, but he's already a great decision maker and has a great left foot! He also has composure beyond his experience.

I think he will become someone Hodgey relies on to provide attacking footy coming out of the back line

Your thoughts on his 2007 season?

Great young dedicated kid who will be a permanent member of our team for many years to come.

Will eventually develop into leadership material.

Why do they call him "the Gooch"?

Agree with what has been said - has great poise and is a good decision maker. Will only improve from here on out too! :thumbsu:

Had a pretty good game today, again showing a lot of composure on the last line of defence. Some great kicks through the midfield and into the forward 50. His second efforts were noticeable, especially after making mistakes (not that he made many).

Not sure why they call him "the Gooch" but I think it suits him!

Many times today I found myself yelling "Go Gooch", "Run it Gooch" and "Good boy Gooch"

"the Gooch"... what a great name!

Really stood up today and was everywhere, unsure who he was on most of the game but I think it was Welsh. He has some great skills and seemed really desperate today.

Well done son!

Had a pretty good game today, again showing a lot of composure on the last line of defence. Some great kicks through the midfield and into the forward 50. His second efforts were noticeable, especially after making mistakes (not that he made many).

Many times today I found myself yelling "Go Gooch", "Run it Gooch" and "Good boy Gooch"

"the Gooch"... what a great name!
hahaha.. classic stuff bro..

It was a great goal, especially after he kicked terribly turning it over in the midfield just minutes earlier... It showed a lot of self belief.

Still love the Gooch though...

It was a great goal, especially after he kicked terribly turning it over in the midfield just minutes earlier... It showed a lot of self belief.

Still love the Gooch though...

Maybe I've had enough to drink tonight.....:p

Saw Gary had posted and assumed it was Youngy!!!

The Gooch was awesome today. Probably the best I've seen. His disposal today was top class.

My guess is that a few of the Hawthorn blokes (that play at Box Hill) think that Birchall has some likeness to the Box Hill player Anthony (the original 'Gooch') Marguccio. .... Then again I could be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gooch .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back