The exact player we needed: Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Memories

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Back at the end of 2008 everyone thought we were flying high, we had Palmer the rising star, and we went into the trade period thinking we finally had the right people in there making the decisions.

However fast forward a few years and we can see that many of their choices have failed in the short term. Our midfield is in a shambles, and would be more so if the Barlow miracle never eventuated. The decision to pick Hill over Rich hasn't paid off, with Rich having the better 3 seasons so far including winning the rising star.

The poorest decision in my mind though is picking Suban over Mitch Robinson. Suban was touted as a small defender/midfielder yet hasn't come on at all since his first season, pretty much like Hill.

People can "laugh" about Robinsons disposal, goal kicking, etc, but he is a starting midfielder in a top 4 side, going against the likes of ball hogs like Judd, Murphy and Gibbs. And against us he got 29 disposals whilst Suban racked up a nice 8, whilst playing as a defender and where the ball was for the majority of the game.

Not only did he get a lot more disposals than Suban he is the EXACT type of midfielder we need right now. Someone who goes to the ball hard and tries to win it regardless of how the team is going. With Suban he follows the teams pulse, if the team is down, he is down.

Unlike Hill and Suban, Robinson has shown clear improvement every season, you know he's going to get better. Meanwhile people will give every excuse in the book as to why Hill and Suban aren't performing. To my eye you just have to look at them, they don't really care, and they don't train hard enough.

The funniest thing to me though is people like Bradybunch and ClayGravy who from 2008 on have laughed that if I was in control and we chose Robinson just how much worse off we would be. Yeah, it just proves who knows footballers and who does not I think.

Woooahahahahahahaha. Now I know you didn't watch the game.

The freak was missing open goals from 20 metres out, time and time again.

When the mpire decide to give him a free retry in the second, guess what happened?

Best troll.

Mitch Robinson kept us in the game on saturday......

Suban is coming back from a broken leg and at the start of the year he was playing some pretty good football. He is one of the only players in our team that can actually stick an effective tackle.

Woooahahahahahahaha. Now I know you didn't watch the game.

The freak was missing open goals from 20 metres out, time and time again.

When the mpire decide to give him a free retry in the second, guess what happened?

Best troll.

So was deboer in 2010, now he's an automatic selection apparently?

Like I said, people will laugh, but go ask any non Freo supporter who they would rather have. Robinson or Suban. Suban lovers will be laughed out of the vicinity.

So was deboer in 2010, now he's an automatic selection apparently?

Like I said, people will laugh, but go ask any non Freo supporter who they would rather have. Robinson or Suban. Suban lovers will be laughed out of the vicinity.

I agree, laughed out of the vicinity indeed, but probably for the polar opposite reason than what you are inferring.

I gotta figure out which poster you are the alias of. Honestly, you're killing me atm. Best lols so far today.

Now that it's past mid day, I might celebrate your genius with a beer.

Two thumbs up.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Plenty of players I would have before Suban that were drafted after him. Redden, Beams, Shiels, Hannebery.

It's your love of Robinson that is laughable.

Yes and apparently you still wouldn't prefer a better player in Robinson than Suban. One is clearly better than the other yet Suban here is given every excuse in the book as to why he hasn't delivered for a second round pick.

Meanwhile one we could have got has a higher disposal efficiency than our team is racking up 30 disposal games every third week.

Show is in 2008 what you were talking about for us to go for in Suban? Because I must have missed where you said we should have got Beams or Redden instead of Suban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of players I would have before Suban that were drafted after him. Redden, Beams, Shiels, Hannebery.

It's your love of Robinson that is laughable.
I'd rather have Suban than all of them, once he gets going. He's been unlucky in that the last two years he's had long injury spells. Yet to really get a chance to establish himself, but that pass to Clarke yesterday shows why people like him/get excited by him.

All this thread shows you is the over the top nature of AFL fans these days, wanting blood when a draftee takes longer than a year or two to hit his stride. Imagine if this forum was as populated back in 2004 when Hodge was still establishing himself. People would want him delisted, bitching and moaning about not taking Luke Ball instead (or Judd) and look at him now. Absolute gun player.

You should stop trolling threads. Either respond to what I've posted or don't bother.

Please make your troll semi-sensible and I'll have something to respond too.

Robinson played like an idiot chimp yesterday, almost single handedly keeping us in the game.

Suban is coming off a broken leg.

So frankly, your drivel is really not worth responding too in a serious manner.

Yes and apparently you still wouldn't prefer a better player in Robinson than Suban. One is clearly better than the other yet Suban here is given every excuse in the book as to why he hasn't delivered for a second round pick.

Meanwhile one we could have got has a higher disposal efficiency than our team is racking up 30 disposal games every third week.

Show is in 2008 what you were talking about for us to go for in Suban? Because I must have missed where you said we should have got Beams or Redden instead of Suban.

You love Robinson because you live in Tasmania. That's why you keep banging on about him. Home state parochialism.

Your love of clanger kings is quite tiring.

Please make your troll semi-sensible and I'll have something to respond too.

Robinson played like an idiot chimp yesterday, almost single handedly keeping us in the game.

Suban is coming off a broken leg.

So frankly, your drivel is really not worth responding too in a serious manner.

Firstly your inference that I only posted this based off his last game is rather idiotic. His stats this season are very good for a player in a team like Carlton with Judd/Gibbs/Murphy/Simpson midfielders.

I merely used the last game as an example of the gap between Suban and Robinson in a direct game. One guy barely got the ball, was rarely sighted and does two good things and is lauded for it. Meanwhile everyone misses Robinsons attack on the ball and spirit and concentrate on his 3 or 4 clangers. So as I said, stop trolling, if you can't be serious there's no point in adding to the thread.

Idiot chimp, I like that Lach.

Mem's, you and I should make up a posting tag team, kind of like in wrestling.

You can be like Mankind (idiot chimp style), and I will be like The Rock. We could both be bad arse heal's that noone yet everyone would be in awe of.

Or maybe you can be my posting manager? You can be like that fat old guy who used to manage The Undertaker?

What you reckon?

Mem's Robinson was so dire that the commentators were actually LAUGHING at him.

Edit: Just had a very existential vision. You were Mitch Robinson, very hard at it posts, but none of them hitting the mark, and I was a commentator, lolling.

You love Robinson because you live in Tasmania. That's why you keep banging on about him. Home state parochialism.

Your love of clanger kings is quite tiring.

No Tasmania isn't my home state, why add some pointless troll? Secondly I bang on about him because unlike nearly every Freo player he loves football and TRIES every game.

That's the first thing I noticed about him and it's exactly what Freo needs. 22 players that WANT to be there and TRY to win the game. Instead of acting like it's a leisure stroll on a golf course. I'll take his few clangers until we get a player that has all his other good attributes and good disposal. I'd prefer that over a player like Hill who may or may not enter that contest depending on the direction of the wind at the time.

Firstly your inference that I only posted this based off his last game is rather idiotic. His stats this season are very good for a player in a team like Carlton with Judd/Gibbs/Murphy/Simpson midfielders.

I merely used the last game as an example of the gap between Suban and Robinson in a direct game. One guy barely got the ball, was rarely sighted and does two good things and is lauded for it. Meanwhile everyone misses Robinsons attack on the ball and spirit and concentrate on his 3 or 4 clangers. So as I said, stop trolling, if you can't be serious there's no point in adding to the thread.

Yeah mate as you were.

Can we break Mitch's leg, rupture his ankle ligaments and hyper extend his elbow so he can miss a seasons worth of games?
Who's being serious now?

Sorry Memories, I just don't see a player who led the clanger count in the game yesterday as being the exact thing we need. It's exactly counter to what we need. Sure he tries, but so what? We need players who are clever with the ball and also try. The exact player we need plays for us: Michael Barlow. More of him, please.

Remove this Banner Ad

The exact player we needed: Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back