Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: It's time...to dig into the why

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't fazed him – he's in the GDTs on the main board every week arguing with neutrals as to why Oliver is clearly better than Petracca.
He fits in well on the main board. Perfect home.

Diet Coke still exists actually; it's the low-sugar variant of Coca-cola. Coke Zero is the sugar-free variant.

You're thinking of a different coca cola variant that Coke Zero successfully replaced, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is and it's driving me bonkers.

Diet Coke is fantastic by the way, especially Diet Coke with Lime.
They didn't replace coke zero just rebranded it. It use have a black label it now it's basically the same as normal Coke but with a small black label saying Zero. Apparently they changed the ingredients so it tastes better as well. To be honest I don't see the point if I'm worried about weight than just drink water.

They didn't replace coke zero just rebranded it. It use have a black label it now it's basically the same as normal Coke but with a small black label saying Zero. Apparently they changed the ingredients so it tastes better as well. To be honest I don't see the point if I'm worried about weight than just drink water.
Didn't they literally rebrand it Coke No Sugar? Feels like one of the most pointless rebrands in history. Was 'Zero' too negative a word or something?

It's basically the same as normal Coke but with a small black label saying Zero.
Blasphemy.

That's like saying VB tastes the same as Mountain Goat. They're both beers, but they have different tastes.

For me it depends on the occasion, I always ask the waiter if I can look at the cola menu, I'm usually leaning towards Zero but occasionally I feel like something sweeter so I'll take the sugar hit and go Full Strength Coke.

Didn't they literally rebrand it Coke No Sugar? Feels like one of the most pointless rebrands in history. Was 'Zero' too negative a word or something?
Yeah you're correct just a small black label saying no sugar. It's actually a bit annoying if you don't look at it properly you could get the wrong one, it's a real 1st world problem.

Blasphemy.

That's like saying VB tastes the same as Mountain Goat. They're both beers, but they have different tastes.

For me it depends on the occasion, I always ask the waiter if I can look at the cola menu, I'm usually leaning towards Zero but occasionally I feel like something sweeter so I'll take the sugar hit and go Full Strength Coke.
Only time I ever have coke anymore it has to be vanilla coke.

I reckon part of the reason why the midfield especially is out of form is they're being asked to play a game style that doesn't suit them at all. We've recruited heavily for the contested clearance/high inside 50 style, but now we're asking them to play a more outside, patient, accurate kick and mark style that they don't have the disposal skills for.

Add that onto the lack (so far) of managing players or handling injuries properly, and to me it looks like a confused and sore playing group.

Goody has rushed guys back from injury his entire coaching career - it’s been a really disappointing thing to watch happen as IMO he’s risking the careers of these guys pushing them to play.

Blasphemy.

I meant they look the same, the taste is completely different, I hate zero sugar stuff. Usually when I'm having a coke it's with junk food so I don't see the point with going with zero sugar.

Goody has rushed guys back from injury his entire coaching career - it’s been a really disappointing thing to watch happen as IMO he’s risking the careers of these guys pushing them to play.

Yeah 100%. It's obviously a 'thing' of his when you remember that blow up at Dr Arain. It worked for us while we had Burgess as he's a master of that stuff, but Selwyn perhaps can't work the same magic.

Really need to make a Coke "Real Sugar" variant.

The Mexican stuff which you can get here in import stores is made of real sugar, rest of the world is corn syrup, which is bad for people with allergies. It's a shame.

Anyway. Simon Goodwin.

Only time I ever have coke anymore it has to be vanilla coke.
I agree. Vanilla Coke is the best version, but that might be because I'm basic.

You know who else is basic? Simon Goodwin.

The Mexican stuff which you can get here in import stores is made of real sugar, rest of the world is corn syrup, which is bad for people with allergies. It's a shame.

Anyway. Simon Goodwin.
Coke is the most consumed drink in Mexico fun fact. Any good Mexican restaurant has Mexican coke. Your right we digress and coke doesn't belong in a simon Goodwin thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant they look the same, the taste is completely different, I hate zero sugar stuff. Usually when I'm having a coke it's with junk food so I don't see the point with going with zero sugar.
I only drink coke if hungover so the sugar is essential

Coke is the most consumed drink in Mexico.
Yes! I love this!

It's totally ingrained in their culture, like you pop around to someone's house for a coke-a-cola instead of tea and biscuits or an arvo beer, I really love that.

Best drink!!!

Anyway. Simon Goodwin.
Really? I thought Aussie coke was cane sugar.

I heard the corn syrup thing came about in the US because corn gets subsidised a tonne over there.

Really? I thought Aussie coke was cane sugar.
Whoops! Right you are. Apparently a different recipe though, which makes sense. Not sure what's different.

Nice to know we have the real stuff (I still mostly drink Zero anyway tho)

About 10 years ago now i decided to stop drinking soft drinks purely because my stomach can't handle them and i feel like shit always after

About 10 years ago now i decided to stop drinking soft drinks purely because my stomach can't handle them and i feel like s**t always after
You’re a wise man. I never grew up drinking soft drinks because my parents were fussy about junk food. If I went to a birthday party as a kid I would feel sick after from the mountains of sugar and random chemicals. You can train your system to cope with any old shit, but I think it’s better to heed the warning and avoid the popular foods that don’t agree with you.

You’re a wise man. I never grew up drinking soft drinks because my parents were fussy about junk food. If I went to a birthday party as a kid I would feel sick after from the mountains of sugar and random chemicals. You can train your system to cope with any old s**t, but I think it’s better to heed the warning and avoid the popular foods that don’t agree with you.

Once in a blue moon its OK to have a cheat day. Key is moderation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back