The all important changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Given it is likely to be a sudden death situation, Laidley will revert to true conservative form. Brown back in for McIntosh. Harris will be given a blast, but given another opportunity. Azza out for Sinclair. Possibility of Lower in for McMahon who did nothing wrong.

Outs: Turtle (inj.), Hamish (not fit), Urquhart (run out of puff), Harris (enough chances), Watt (surely we have better options?). Could add many more to the list.

Ins: Goldstein, Ross, Sinclair, need time on the other 2. Maybe Scotty Thompson for Watt and Ed Lower or Riggio for Harro.

Not sure how Obst has been travelling, but would prefer him in front of Watt if hes travelling ok.

Out: Harding (inj), Mcmahon, Urquhart
In: N.Thompson, J.Sinclair, A.Swallow

Line up something like this:

FB: 30.D.Pratt, 38.J.Gibson, 36.SWatt
CHB: 9.J.Sinclair, 20.D.Petre, 11.M.Firrito
C: 8.D.Wells, 19.A.Swallow, 3.B.Rawlings
CHF: 21.C.Jones, 23.N.Thompson, 6.S.Grant
FF: 33.M.Campbell, 31.D.Hale, 12.L.Thomas
R: 1.H.Mcintosh, 7.A.Simpson, 29.BHarvey
Int: 27.A.Edwards, 26.L.Hansen, 5.S.Power, 4.D.Harris
Emg: 42.S.Mcmahon, 2.E.Lower, 14.G.Urquhart

Harro deserves to be dropped, but our midfield only fires when he does. It is a conundrum.
and people, Nathan Thompson is unlikely to play any further part this year due to his ankle.
Forget about bringing him back.

Out: everyone except Hale

In: A mix or Werribee & Nth Ballarat.

The alcohol is slowly making me less angry, but i think i'll save judgement until im sober tomorrow.

Although i could never watch a replay of that game ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did watch the game today didnt you? :eek:

yes i did watch the game, I was thinking to myself about mcmahon and I wasnt sure if he should or should not get dropped, I just think that hes to slow, although he is good at the spoiling. Mcmahon hasnt done that good in past weeks and i was suprised that he wasnt dropped this week but instead they dropped sinclair who didnt play that bad last week with 19 possies and i think that the same thing that happened to sinkers last week will happen to mcmahon this week.

I cant believe that people are callingfor mcmahons head, what a disgrace.

id say watt. edwards, mcintosh and harding inj would have to be on the chopping block.

Wat is up wit people calling for H to be dropped he didnt do that bad, he got the majority of the teams hit outs and got afew possies on the way with playing prob 3/4 of the game.

Wat is up wit people calling for H to be dropped he didnt do that bad, he got the majority of the teams hit outs and got afew possies on the way with playing prob 3/4 of the game.

How many were effective Johnny?

By the arse tearing we received in the clearances I would say not many, you agree?

Unfortunately to be a good ruckman these days you need to win your share of ball around the ground and H just isn't fit enough to cover the ground.

In the last quarter (I know the game was done and dusted) Petrie took a mark on the wing and Hamish didn't even bother to run forward. Last year when fit H would have run forward to create an option, but he looked too stuffed to even move.

True he is unfit and true that majority of the hitouts were disadvantages but i dont think that one of our hitouts today went to our advantage. I dont think that bringing in Goldy is the right decision as he has not got enough experience. He has played this year but not enough. Hamish is our best option for the ruck switching with Petre and maybe Hale if needed. I would just be so pissed off if we brought Browny back to play in the ruck instead of keeping H in.

The same people that you think are nuts for saying Hamish should be dropped are probably the same people who think your nuts for saying McMahon should be dropped.

It really depends on where we play next week. When was the last time we played at the SCG and we have never played at the Telstra Stadium.

I would like to get back to the fast team that was playing a few weeks ago.

As well as Hale is playing we need another target. Too predicable.

Out: This weeks form Harding inj Edwards McIntosh
In: Form from 3 weeks ago Thommo if fit, Ross Sinclair

The same people that you think are nuts for saying Hamish should be dropped are probably the same people who think your nuts for saying McMahon should be dropped.

Hamish is clearly not fit enough to be playing at the moment , same goes for Edwards . As for the people who are saying drop McMahon , no chance because he was in our best 3 or 4 players today .

Bennie Ross must be in contention surely. I'm sick of seeing our one dimensional midfield get torn apart even when we win!

Update
I've thought very long on this, probably spent an hour on it. Well now probably 3 hours, with all the changes I've made.

Out: Harding (Injured), McIntosh (Omitted), Shannon Watt (Omitted), Corey Jones (Omitted/Injured)
In: Sinclair (in for Jones), S.Thompson (in for Watt), Swallow (in for Harding), N.Thompson (in for McIntosh)
Main changes in position: Firrito goes back to the backline

Team:
B: Scott McMahon, Michael Firrito, Scott Thompson
HB: Daniel Pratt, Josh Gibson, Gavin Urquhart
C: Brady Rawlings, Daniel Harris, Jess Sinclair
HF: Shannon Grant, David Hale, Aaron Edwards
F: Matt Campbell, Nathan Thompson, Lindsay Thomas
R: Drew Petrie, Adam Simpson, Brent Harvey
I: Andrew Swallow, Lachlan Hansen, Sam Power, Daniel Wells
EMG: Ed Lower, Ben Ross, Leigh Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

The all important changes for next week