Roast The 5 goal second quarter lead followed by the capitualtion - the crows special

Remove this Banner Ad

There would be a team rule about honouring the voice in those situations, particularly for "designated kickers" like Jaensch (because, honestly, if we're not using his leg, then what is he doing in the side?). Jaensch should know better than to call for the ball.

The biggest mistake he did was continue to call for it after he had become stationary, though. What is the point of receiving the ball while you're stationary?! Wright already had the ball and was stationary! There was no benefit, except you lose the ability to kick without worrying about a tackle.

I have no doubt that Wright followed a team rule by honouring the call. The blame starts and ends with Jaensch. You absolutely do not call for the ball in that situation if you have a player even remotely close to you, if you're in even the slightest chance of getting run down. And you absolutely do not call for the ball again when you are stationary. I tend to think of myself as fairly level-headed but, honestly, I was screaming for him to get the sack at that point. It was easily the dumbest thing a Crows player has done all year, and that covers some ground.

Jaensch came from behind Wright's left, passing just to his right, where he received the ball. He was probably directly behind him when calling for the ball.
It doesn't change the fact that if you have a clear shot on goal, you don't dispose of the ball without looking!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back