Expansion Tassie Devils

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tassie started a team with Melbourne colours. Melbourne song. Current Melbourne players.
Tassie Devils.
Playing 4 home games in Launie. 4 in Hobart. 3 at the MCG.

Would Melbourne fans get on board?
think about what you said...

If Tassie started a team with Melbourne colours. Melbourne song. Current Melbourne players.
Tassie Devils.

I don't think any footy fan would be on board.

Tassie Devils.

Go to bed, you're drunk

Tassie Tigers sounds better, imagine the shit fight over who are the real tigers. Plenty of potential merger candidates starting to
emerge from the pack including us sadly.

It really is, isn't it?
I don't know about this, the Bulldogs proposed merger with Fitzroy would not have annoyed me at all as I was Fitzroy zoned as a
kid and got to go to a lot of free games at Waverly. The Hawthorn proposed merger with Melbourne may have seen their long
suffering supporters celebrate multiple premierships. The North Melbourne move to the Gold Coast may have been a great bonus
as there are some "Big Fish" on the Gold Coast. All these moves could have had a silver lining we will never know, but I don't
think these ideas have to be bad or seen as bad. Maybe there are too many clubs in Victoria, who knows.

I don't know about this, the Bulldogs proposed merger with Fitzroy would not have annoyed me at all as I was Fitzroy zoned as a
kid and got to go to a lot of free games at Waverly. The Hawthorn proposed merger with Melbourne may have seen their long
suffering supporters celebrate multiple premierships. The North Melbourne move to the Gold Coast may have been a great bonus
as there are some "Big Fish" on the Gold Coast. All these moves could have had a silver lining we will never know, but I don't
think these ideas have to be bad or seen as bad. Maybe there are too many clubs in Victoria, who knows.

People that love their clubs don't want to hear people talk about relocating them, opposition supporters or otherwise.

People that love their clubs don't want to hear people talk about relocating them, opposition supporters or otherwise.
True, but it does happen in other sports and too frequently in country footy. Our 1989 "Up yours Oakley" campaign was very
passionate and supported by a lot of other clubs supporters, but it does interest me what the actual difference would have
been. I did not slide down the birth canal with a footy scarf on, but came to the country aged around six or seven and I can
remember at primary school being told all overseas people have to barrack for Collingwood.

It would make more sense to move the Swans wouldn't it? Started in South Melbourne then made the journey up to Sydney, now they can move onto Tasmania.

Then after a decade relocate them to QLD then after another decade down to SA, then to WA and finally finishing in NT.

They can be the AFL's official relocation experts, really make it a national game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie Devils.

Why do they need any MCG home games? There'd still be 9 Vic sides to get them 5-6 away games in Victoria every season for their fans. The benefits of a relocated Victorian side over a start up Tassie side are of not another team diluting the pool and a Vic / Non-Vic side even split (slowly towards AFL rather than VFL + extras). A Tassie side would have to pick a primary stadium though for an 8/3 split of games. Enough at the primary stadium for full memberships, plus the 3 game memberships for locals at the other end of the state.

I want a Tassie side (and less Vic sides), but that needed more thought.

Tassie Devils.

Sydney can't really support 2 teams. I think one should move to Tassie. With the gws set up in a growth corridor, looks like the swannies should be the one to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back