Standing

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a stander.

Such a pity the AFL has tried to eliminate standers from the game.

Hate sitting down to watch footy, it's just not right.

I just don't understand that. All the coaches and players sit. I sit at my footy if im on the bench, injured or just watching on and im much more passionate about that.

Have you ever stood at a big footy match with a couple of hundred, or thousand, people going nuts around you??

No offence. But I am guessing that you are fairly young!

Have you ever stood at a big footy match with a couple of hundred, or thousand, people going nuts around you??

No offence. But I am guessing that you are fairly young!

I have indeed - I am 22 so certainly old enough to experience the different footy conditions. Ive also been to Subi many times in the standing room....when there was a standing room

Don't get me wrong - I cheer and soak up atmosphere. Perhaps I prefer to concentrate on the game a bit more

I have indeed - I am 22 so certainly old enough to experience the different footy conditions. Ive also been to Subi many times in the standing room....when there was a standing room

Don't get me wrong - I cheer and soak up atmosphere. Perhaps I prefer to concentrate on the game a bit more

are you suggesting one cannot concentrate on the game standing up?

I will accept the backhander from you with good grace.

But let me assure you that in the days when standing room was the norm, we were firmly focused on the game.

I feel that ,again without offence, at 22 you are too young to appreciate and subjectively comment.

I will accept the backhander from you with good grace.

But let me assure you that in the days when standing room was the norm, we were firmly focused on the game.

I feel that ,again without offence, at 22 you are too young to appreciate and subjectively comment.

that wasn't meant as a backhander at all. I just feel you are able to concentrate on the game with less drinkers and vocal people around you, not to mention visibility issues at times.

Depends on the circumstances I guess.

My initial point was, as alluded to earlier in the thread - just because someone sits, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a band wagoner or require dead silence or don't know their footy, or are not vocal etc.

that wasn't meant as a backhander at all. I just feel you are able to concentrate on the game with less drinkers and vocal people around you, not to mention visibility issues at times.

Depends on the circumstances I guess.

My initial point was, as alluded to earlier in the thread - just because someone sits, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a band wagoner or require dead silence or don't know their footy, or are not vocal etc.

To each his own!:thumbsu:

One of the positives of Manuka Oval is that there is plenty of standing room - they just need to tier it a bit; like I remember Victoria Park was.

One of the problems is that people here want to sit down (bunch of theatre goers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Standing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back