Roast Sooo... about that review

Remove this Banner Ad

One way freeways, RAH, Adelaide Oval, tram to Entertainment Centre. It never ends which is interesting given politically we follow predominantly progressive political parties. The problem is the conservatives are the ones in the seats of power in business etc (not politically tho).

We were once the third largest city up until the late 50’s when Brisbane overtook us and then Perth overtook us in 1984.

And remember one of the first questioned asked, which school did you go to?

The unfortunate thing is that Premier Pete is a Labor Right, former SDA, hack. He is very conservative and car brained. So "more lanes bro" will be the transport infrastructure policy for the foreseeable future.

Mildura , the city juat across the Border in Victoria has a population of over 100k

Why cant we get any regional citities in SA above that.

I don't mind Mildura, but there is nothing about it better than Mount Gambier, the Riverland or even Port Lincoln, towns which we cant get to grow as significantly.

Its 100% a mindset.
Mildura and the surrounds population is barely 60k

The one that started as a full review of the club, before being repositioned as a review of the football department?

The one that saw the footy ops group turned over and a new coaching group appointed? The one that eventually saw the Chairman resign (he was already leaving anyway) and then the CEO, at the behest of the new Chairman?

In the just over four years since, the club has bottomed out, drafted poorly, rolled over to a group of 9 "protesters" and thus lost a third of its proposed new training facility, and re-signed a coach who, at the first sniff of finals, abandoned all development of youth within the squad.

The footy ops manager is an invisible squib, the Chairman is a master politician short on results and the Footy Ops Director has a messiah complex. The Board sits at the pleasure of the AFL insulated from fans who just keep turning up and supporting the boys.

And having bottomed out, we still continue to play EVERY senior player available on our list, irrespective of performance, and completely ignore the development of young players.

So at what point do we get Dunstall and Pav to come back to the club to see how we are tracking against the KPIs set by that review? At what point does Teflon Ricciutto come under scrutiny for the decisions he has made or influenced during this s**t show? At this rate, the club is not going to change until we can gain control of our club as members. 2027 folks.
The club has been hijacked by incompetents who don't know what they're doing or even care that they don't. They intend to go nowhere and will continue to drive the club into a ditch. I will only care when they all leave and members control the board.

Have you seen our players? 90% of them aren't just on the spectrum, they are the spectrum.

let’s slow down on the stereotypes here.

My daughter is on the spectrum, and is ferociously intelligent; for example she was assessed as having a reading age of 18+ just before her 11th birthday.

I know the point you’re making, but let’s just park this one 👍

The things that make our state so good are the things that will be destroyed by a population boom. Go to qld (especially sunshine coast) if you want to see proof of this.

Population and Gross State Product are s**t measures of how good a state is.
Sunshine Coast is absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting makes this state so good?

Sunshine Coast is absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting makes this state so good?
Sunshine Coast is fantastic if you like sitting bumper to bumper on a single road into a town where you can't find a park because there are thousands of other 4wds also looking for a park. It's also good if you want to spend $800k+ on a ticky tacky s**t box in a new suburb on a flood plane where you get trapped if there's a bushfire.

In land is still good if you can afford it.

It's a beautiful place that used to have sleepy coastal vibes, which is what made it so good (similar to SA imo).

If you like the gold coast, then I'm not sure we'll ever agree on this :)

Sunshine Coast is fantastic if you like sitting bumper to bumper on a single road into a town where you can't find a park because there are thousands of other 4wds also looking for a park. It's also good if you want to spend $800k+ on a ticky tacky s**t box in a new suburb on a flood plane where you get trapped if there's a bushfire.

It's a beautiful place that used to have sleepy coastal vibes, which is what made it so good (similar to SA imo).

Floods yes ......struggling to remember the last bushfire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let’s slow down on the stereotypes here.

My daughter is on the spectrum, and is ferociously intelligent; for example she was assessed as having a reading age of 18+ just before her 11th birthday.

I know the point you’re making, but let’s just park this one 👍
My son is also on the spectrum, I won't tell U how smart he is though.
Just take it as the joke it was intended, stop telling people what they can and can't say.

Last edited:
The things that make our state so good are the things that will be destroyed by a population boom. Go to qld (especially sunshine coast) if you want to see proof of this.

Population and Gross State Product are s**t measures of how good a state is.

Having to live there was difficult enough.

Floods yes ......struggling to remember the last bushfire

That's the other thing about qld. The weather is overrated (outside of winter) and so many natural disasters.

Anyway that's enough qld bashing from me.

I like the amount that the Gold Coast has been investing into music, and generally (if you're not in the absolute garbage tourist traps) there's some good spots. The hinterland especially is lovely.

I'm in Stafford and I can be on the Sunshine Coast in an hour fifteen, and maybe one trip in 20 do I get terrible traffic. It's pretty seriously overstated. I drive it twice a month.

Mostly I stay in Maroochydore if it's work or Montville if it's personal. Both good, for different reasons.

Because there are a lot of favourable conditions for it to be so:

"if we don't do something, this place will be a regional retirement village"
I'd argue, from my infrequent visits back home, this is already the case. There's nothing to inspire anyone to come back. Mind you, Melbourne is now an over-crowded sh*thole, unrecognisable from the time we moved over here in 1991. Adelaide's way too conservative, and this comes across in how the Crows play, the coaching, etc. Go nuclear! Even bloody Malinauskas suggested this, until the ALP Feds intervened. SA should be the heart of power generation in this country, instead of this so-called "renewables" sh*te - just needs someone to exploit Roxby Downs! That'd be a good start...

I like the amount that the Gold Coast has been investing into music, and generally (if you're not in the absolute garbage tourist traps) there's some good spots. The hinterland especially is lovely.

I'm in Stafford and I can be on the Sunshine Coast in an hour fifteen, and maybe one trip in 20 do I get terrible traffic. It's pretty seriously overstated. I drive it twice a month.

Mostly I stay in Maroochydore if it's work or Montville if it's personal. Both good, for different reasons.
Personally if I could choose anywhere to live it would be in the Gold Coast hinterland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back