Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: Dragons FFC v Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

S31R07DRAvFFC.png
The 9th placed Dragons host the Furies who are 2nd at Ljp86's Lair in match that on paper looks lopsided. The Furies are firmly entrenched in the top four currently and a win keeps them there, while the Dragons are knocking on the door of the eight. The Dragons broke a 5 game losing streak against the Furies last last season, can they start a streak of their own or will the Furies return to their previous dominance?

Last week the Dragons beat up on a team above them on the ladder, while the Furies beat up on a team right at the bottom, both teams will be looking to continue their form from last week but which team will be able to?

Key Players
The Dragons trash talking full forward is 8th in the race for the Fred with 19 goals through 5 games, Bonz is a big character off the field but has been workman like with their consistency on field this season. The Furies are getting one hell of a season out of veteran ShaunDuggan who is averaging 5.6 goals per game, he'll be looking for another bag on Sunday.

Dragons veteran Pie 4 Life is the workhorse of the midfield, their 35 tackles almost double that of the next closest Dragon. A defensive mindset will be needed this week to deal with Furies co captain omgfridge who has had the qooty 143 times already this season and doesn't mind the dirty work with 14 frees against.

Captains please have team sheets submitted by 11:59pm AWST this Thursday
Greenery DragoDelph James Colorado omgfridge

I'm sorry, every time I see omgfridge I'm reminded of that time he was almost through the door of Dragon Island HQ. NaturalDisaster has a lot to answer for!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drag him back in
That requires locating him.

I was thinking of hanging out the undies of an e-girl or something, the aroma might draw him in like old times.

The Adventure Continues

The Dragon Blades returned to the Broken Wheel Inn, their boots caked with the muck of the Rat Swamps and their hearts lighter for the victory they had claimed. The fight against the Rat King had been fierce, but they had emerged triumphant, carrying with them the prize they sought—a precious scroll, rumored to hold great power. Now, as they gathered around the same worn table in the inn’s dimly lit corner, Pickitt the Pure carefully unrolled the scroll they had fought so hard to retrieve.

The parchment crackled as it was unfurled, revealing intricate, ancient symbols that glowed faintly in the firelight. The Dragon Blades leaned in, their faces illuminated by the soft, magical light. At the centre of the scroll, in elegant, flowing script, was the title: The Most Holy Team Sheet. It was said that this sheet held the key to assembling a team of unparalleled might, a force capable of facing the darkest of evils.

Bort let out a low whistle. “Well, I’ll be damned. That’s quite the find.”

Ligma studied the scroll with a mixture of awe and curiosity. “This is more than just a relic. It’s a guide, a way to balance strength, wisdom, and cunning in perfect harmony. We could use this to ensure victory in any battle.”

Bonz, ever the performer, could not resist adding a dramatic flourish. “Ah, the Most Holy Team Sheet! Imagine the tales that will be sung about us, the heroes who wielded such power! I can already hear the verses.”

Greenery, who had been silent, finally spoke. “We should be careful. Power like this is a double-edged sword. We’ve seen how easily it can corrupt.”

Pickitt nodded, his expression solemn. “Greenery’s right. We must use this wisely. But before we do anything, we should secure it. There’s no telling who might come after it.”

The Arrival of DragoDelph​

As if on cue, the door of the inn creaked open, and a shadowy figure stepped inside. The Dragon Blades instinctively reached for their weapons, but relaxed when they saw who it was. DragoDelph, a Dragonborn, loomed in the doorway, his scales shimmering with an iridescent hue. He was a towering figure, with broad shoulders and eyes that glinted with the wisdom of many battles fought. The runes etched into his Armor glowed faintly, pulsing with the same energy that seemed to radiate from the scroll.

dragodelph.jpg

“DragoDelph,” Pickitt greeted him with a respectful nod. “We didn’t expect to see you here.”

The Dragonborn inclined his head, his voice a deep rumble. “I heard whispers of your success in the swamp. The power you now possess... it will attract attention. I came to offer my strength to your cause. You will need more than just might to face what lies ahead.”

Ligma looked at the Rune Knight with a discerning eye. “You sense something, don’t you?”

DragoDelph’s gaze settled on the scroll. “The Furies. Once goddesses of vengeance and justice, now twisted by dark magic. They have become something far worse, and their lair is not far from here. They will know of the scroll, and they will seek it.”

Bonz’s playful demeanour faded as he absorbed DragoDelph’s words. “The Furies... I’ve heard tales. Their leaders, James Colorado and omgfridge, were once champions of justice, but now...”

DragoDelph nodded gravely. “Now, they are disfigured, their bodies and minds warped by the dark magic they sought to control. They lead the Furies with an iron fist, driven by a thirst for power that knows no bounds.”

A New Quest​

Pickitt stood, his Paladin's armour clinking softly as he rose to his full height. “Then it’s decided. We cannot allow the Furies to claim this power. If we are to protect the realm, we must strike first, and we must be prepared for anything.”

The Dragon Blades exchanged looks of grim determination. This would be no ordinary battle. The Furies were formidable, and their lair was said to be a labyrinth of traps and horrors, designed to break even the strongest of wills.

Greenery tightened the straps on her leather armour. “We’ve faced worse and survived. We can do this.” She had rolled up the scroll and now waved it perilously close to a candle on the table.

Bort drained most of his ale and swilled the remainder in his tankard, as if ready to empty the contents on, say, a small flame. “Aye, we’ve come this far. No turning back now.”

Ligma placed a hand on the scroll, her eyes glowing with resolve. “The light of justice will guide us, as it always has.”

DragoDelph stepped forward, his presence adding a new sense of strength to the group. “Together, we will face whatever challenges the Furies throw at us. And together, we will prevail.” He reached over and took the scroll from Greenery.

"Perhaps I should take care of this," he said, in a gentle tone. The rest of the party nodded in unison.

Bort exhaled in relief and drank the rest of his ale.

“And I’ll make sure our tale is one for the ages,” added Bonz, strumming his instrument.

The Dragon Blades raised their weapons, the clink of steel echoing through the inn as they accepted their new quest. The Furies awaited them, twisted, cruel, and ugly, but the Dragon Blades were ready. With DragoDelph now among them, they were stronger than ever before. The journey to the lair of the Furies would be perilous, but they would face it together, as they always had. And no matter the outcome, their bond would endure, forged in the fires of countless battles and strengthened by the trust they held in one another.

As they made their final preparations, the scroll of the Most Holy Team Sheet safely tucked away, they knew one thing for certain: the Furies would not know what hit them.

View attachment 2099361
The 9th placed Dragons host the Furies who are 2nd at Ljp86's Lair in match that on paper looks lopsided. The Furies are firmly entrenched in the top four currently and a win keeps them there, while the Dragons are knocking on the door of the eight. The Dragons broke a 5 game losing streak against the Furies last last season, can they start a streak of their own or will the Furies return to their previous dominance?

Last week the Dragons beat up on a team above them on the ladder, while the Furies beat up on a team right at the bottom, both teams will be looking to continue their form from last week but which team will be able to?

Key Players
The Dragons trash talking full forward is 8th in the race for the Fred with 19 goals through 5 games, Bonz is a big character off the field but has been workman like with their consistency on field this season. The Furies are getting one hell of a season out of veteran ShaunDuggan who is averaging 5.6 goals per game, he'll be looking for another bag on Sunday.

Dragons veteran Pie 4 Life is the workhorse of the midfield, their 35 tackles almost double that of the next closest Dragon. A defensive mindset will be needed this week to deal with Furies co captain omgfridge who has had the qooty 143 times already this season and doesn't mind the dirty work with 14 frees against.

Captains please have team sheets submitted by 11:59pm AWST this Thursday
Greenery DragoDelph James Colorado omgfridge

Joe Biden Yes GIF by The Democrats

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: Dragons FFC v Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back