Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
In terms of likelihood.

If a gun owner doesn't store their weapons and ammunition safely and securely, the probability of them having disregard for other rules and regulations such as hunting safely would be called into question, particularly in this instance where RH accused GL of this very thing, which also resulted in a heated confrontation.

The evidence is GLs testimony of his guns storage, and RH confrontation.

I would comfortably assume the above to be a more than likely course of events.

From that I would form an opinion that GL could theoretically act with murderous intent to right a wrong.
‘Probability’ ‘assumption’

Could ‘theoretically act with murderous intent’

I hope you never get called up for Jury duty.

Regardless of it being GL, as a couple in their seventies, I wouldn’t have slept too easy so close to a loner camper/ shooter in the middle of nowhere. Too many Wolf Creek vibes.
RH chose the location at which to camp and when he did so, Lynn was already camping there.

It is also obvious from what RH friend has said on 60 minutes, that this was not the 1st time he had chosen to camp at that particular location. I think RH would have been well aware that deer shooting was practiced around this Bucks Camp location.

RH chose the location at which to camp and when he did so, Lynn was already camping there.

It is also obvious from what RH friend has said on 60 minutes, that this was not the 1st time he had chosen to camp at that particular location. I think RH would have been well aware that deer shooting was practiced around this Bucks Camp location.
BBM The name's a bit of a giveaway!

I set out yesterday to mark up a map with Lynn's and Hill's camps and the distances, based on the aerial photo and a dual cab 4wd. I estimated the distance between the two camps was at least 50mtrs, and there was vegetation in between, so Hill may not have noticed Lynn's camp and if he did I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have thought it was too close. I doubt they needed to pass by, but I'm not sure where the drop toilet was situated.

We've had people pull up at a closer distance to a remote camp where we were. It wasn't the distance that was annoying but the kids riding bikes early in the morning, ringing their bells! Where's a shotgun when you need it?

Its only from GL’s account that he was at the site first, or his first time camping there.
Hill would have known people hunt in the area, but his radars would have been up if someone was shooting too close to camp.

I believe hunting too close as well as shooting through camp were both supposed to be the "threats" made by RH against GL that kicked off their spat
Are you able to point to somewhere that defines how far from a camp site you are permitted to shoot within this particular location? I have searched and can find nothing that gives distances. Your post is correct per the allegations in testimony raised by Lynn.

Friends of RH had stated that he would stand his ground if upset by someone. Apparently he had his teeth knocked out in a prior scuffle with someone too. (source 60 Minutes). Lynn has stated that RH made various threats of future action, which included handing footage to police captured using his drone (and it seems he may have also captured footage of another camper in a different location - the weedsprayer), and had also threatened to hand Lynn's shotgun to police, according to Lynn's testimony as reported by media.

One person that had observed RH whilst RH was driving on a track heading for the camp site, stated that RH was a 'grumpy man'. It seems because RH had not given some recognition to him (a friendly wave or nod) as RH past his location. I think that could have been the weedsprayer.

I wonder why RH felt it necessary to buzz innocent people enjoying their day and surrounds, with his drone? It is clear RH buzzed Lynn due to his shooting in the area, as stated by Lynn, but buzzing other people who were not shooting really is was not called for imo.

Stamner the head of Vic Missing Persons has said during a 60 Minutes interview, there were 2 locations within Bucks Camp that witnesses had observed a blue 4wd vehicle camped up and he indicated that he believed both witness sightings may be connected to Lynn. One was at just over 90 degrees to the right of RH's vehicle, on the river and Stamner makes an observation that detectives couldn't understany why RH had not chosen this site which was very close to the river, and that perhaps another camper such as Lynn was there already, and the other site was nearby the long-drop toilet facility, which is to the left of the track just as you enter the Bucks camp. The long-drop is positioned nearby a small access track from which you enter Bucks.

Below is marked-up GE aerial, which also has north point. Please ignore the obvious white vehicles and campsites that are in this aerial. I have placed pins on prospective locations and to mark where the long-drop was and still is.
1718409782374.png

‘Probability’ ‘assumption’

Could ‘theoretically act with murderous intent’

I hope you never get called up for Jury duty.

Here's a hypothetical for you:

Does your fingerprint and DNA alone on a gun prove beyond a reasonable doubt you have shot it?

No. It's probable. Assumable.

But let's say there is a bit more to the story, further evidence or in this case the direct, calm and rationalised destruction of further evidence.

Beyond reasonable, particularly with the destruction of evidence, which in itself is very very strong and compelling evidence, becomes a much lower bar to clear.

I won't patronise you on a personal level. Have a good day.

All electronics are monitored by law enforcement and this includes social media. Jurors are forewarned not to read newspapers, watch television or listen to radio. They are warned not to use internet for any purpose or to use mobile phones to search for case information or to discuss the case or their prospective deliberations with anyone outside the jury room.
All the jurors electronics/social are not monitored while serving, this would be almost impossible to do, they are asked not too Google the case etc.. but nothing is really stopping them..
the ones that have been caught doing it have mentioned it to other jurors..

here is a GE markeup using a April 2021 aerial with NO vehicles or pre-existing campers in area and includes north point.

1718410808993.png

All the jurors electronics/social are not monitored while serving, this would be almost impossible to do, they are asked not too Google the case etc.. but nothing is really stopping them..
the ones that have been caught doing it have mentioned it to other jurors..
A close acquaintance that was a jury member in Victoria during a murder trial, has told me unequivocally they were warned of monitoring. I suppose it may depend on the circumstances surrounding the trial.

We've had people pull up at a closer distance to a remote camp where we were. It wasn't the distance that was annoying but the kids riding bikes early in the morning, ringing their bells! Where's a shotgun when you need it?
Perhaps these kids are the "bikies" people keep referring to on various crime threads.

Its only from GL’s account that he was at the site first, or his first time camping there.
Hill would have known people hunt in the area, but his radars would have been up if someone was shooting too close to camp.
Sound does not give distance and what was the level of RH's hearing like after years of chainsawing and axing as a forestry worker? On hearing the sound, how long would it have taken RH to launch the drone? Was it packed away and need to be unpacked with some sort of assembly? By the time RH had captured footage, Lynn could have moved quite a distance. Also, there is no evidence to say that footage was ever captured. Perhaps RH was bluffing that he had captured footage.

Witnesses did not observe any other camper. Stamner had said that detectives could not understand why RH had set up where he did, when if there was no other camper already set up, he and other detectives would have expected RH to be camped down by the river. There are 2 prospective areas that suggest where Lynn may have camped as stated by Stamner. And I would consider that when police 1st arrived on scene, they would have checked all locations at Bucks for evidence of prior recent camping. Tyre tracks may have been present? The trailer which contained extra weight, may have left deepened tyre prints.

One thing that has not been made clear, was if Lynn set up a tent and all the paraphernalia or did he bunk down in his vehicle with most paraphernalia stowed in the trailer? Did he bring his own toilet facility or did he camp closer to the long-drop area as per Stamner's ponderings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A close acquaintance that was a jury member in Victoria during a murder trial, has told me unequivocally they were warned of monitoring. I suppose it may depend on the circumstances surrounding the trial.
You'd like to think that for a high profile case such as this one, there'd be monitoring.

What distance is 'too close'?

There could be to some point with this trail no doubt, but i dont think it "live" monitoring if that makes sense, they can watch the news etc... This is why TV/Radio has to be so careful in what they report and how they report it, the jurors wont hear anything on the news that they didnt hear during the trail, it more so dont discuss the trail with anybody and dont onto forums like this one.

The Sheriff snoops around in the Jury room when they are absent, in the guise of "cleaning up".

Sound does not give distance and what was the level of RH's hearing like after years of chainsawing and axing as a forestry worker? On hearing the sound, how long would it have taken RH to launch the drone? Was it packed away and need to be unpacked with some sort of assembly? By the time RH had captured footage, Lynn could have moved quite a distance. Also, there is no evidence to say that footage was ever captured. Perhaps RH was bluffing that he had captured footage.

Witnesses did not observe any other camper. Stamner had said that detectives could not understand why RH had set up where he did, when if there was no other camper already set up, he and other detectives would have expected RH to be camped down by the river. There are 2 prospective areas that suggest where Lynn may have camped as stated by Stamner. And I would consider that when police 1st arrived on scene, they would have checked all locations at Bucks for evidence of prior recent camping. Tyre tracks may have been present? The trailer which contained extra weight, may have left deepened tyre prints.

One thing that has not been made clear, was if Lynn set up a tent and all the paraphernalia or did he bunk down in his vehicle with most paraphernalia stowed in the trailer? Did he bring his own toilet facility or did he camp closer to the long-drop area as per Stamner's ponderings?
What distance is 'too close'?
It’s not my story. It’s GL’s story.
According to GL, Hill said the distance was too close to camp. IMO if his version is true, you would think twice about saying anything or staying there and be on high alert if you did stay there (if you thought the person wasn’t being a responsible hunter.)

Lynn was trained to fly in the RAAF? They learn how to fly low and on and off carrier ships etc where wires are a real danger.

If Lynn has driven back in to the camp around dusk, nice and relaxed, maybe had a couple of scotches, and Hill had strung that antenna wire up while he was gone, he'd not have been expecting for it to suddenly come in to view. Lynn could have got a real fright out of it and it's added to the aggravation. He, as a pilot for decades, has driven straight under what looks like a powerline.

Just mentioning this because that antenna doesn't appear to have had any focus as a potentially aggravating factor.

Lynn was trained to fly in the RAAF? They learn how to fly low and on and off carrier ships etc where wires are a real danger.

If Lynn has driven back in to the camp around dusk, nice and relaxed, maybe had a couple of scotches, and Hill had strung that antenna wire up while he was gone, he'd not have been expecting for it to suddenly come in to view. Lynn could have got a real fright out of it and it's added to the aggravation. He, as a pilot for decades, has driven straight under what looks like a powerline.

Just mentioning this because that antenna doesn't appear to have had any focus as a potentially aggravating factor.
The aerial and rope seem to be up pretty high in the two trees which are alongside the track where he would drive. Doesn't look like it would be a problem, but some people get aggravated fairly easily.

1718416093449.png

The aerial and rope seem to be up pretty high in the two trees which are alongside the track where he would drive. Doesn't look like it would be a problem, but some people get aggravated fairly easily.

View attachment 2020034

It's considered an obstruction if it's strung across any kind of thoroughfare, that includes dirt track.

View attachment 2020034

Oh yeh, I hadn't noticed before that it's actually two wires.

Oh yeh, I hadn't noticed before that it's actually two wires.
Not sure, there is a blue one and what looks like a green one (the aerial?). Thinking the blue one is light rope he attaches the weight to and throws it up into the tree, then attaches the aerial and pulls it up like that. Never had anything to do with these radios.

1718417156288.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back