Autopsy Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

On Greening, did you find an account where someone said they saw what happened?

They all reckon they saw what happened. Even those who weren’t born in 1972 can give their two cents.

A whack behind play that happened all too regularly in those days (& filth players dished it out as much as anyone).

From what the old timers say, it was more a case of Greening hitting his head when he fell.

Horrible stuff that we don’t need in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf is he actually doing there. I cannot actually fathom what Murphy thinks he is doing. Leads with his head, I doubt he believes the umps are watching if he's sticking some cheapshot in. For a bloke with concussion history, this is a case of protecting the player from themselves.

He's a moron. You can tell just from the carry on after the match and on the boundary. Over compensating sh*tting himself by trying to look tough.

They all reckon they saw what happened. Even those who weren’t born in 1972 can give their two cents.

A whack behind play that happened all too regularly in those days (& filth players dished it out as much as anyone).

From what the old timers say, it was more a case of Greening hitting his head when he fell.

Horrible stuff that we don’t need in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was there and didnt see it happen,everyone went quite for a short time after it

As bad as i thought we looked at times yesterday we could've easily won against the Pies

We had 9 of the last 11 scoring shots for 3 goals 6 behinds
also so had a fair few players that were down
agree, despite skills being way off the system held up. almost the same amount of scoring shots. Which is why I dont buy that Daicos was an issue, they only scored 70. Most weeks you would back yourself in to beat that in a dry game.

He's proven he's better in the ruck than he is forward

Been one of our better player this year in the ruck, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater even if you didn't rate his game yesterday.
He can stay in the ruck but I’m not expecting him to win any more ruck contests. I do expect him however to win the match by being an extra midfielder grundys style. I think I just expected him to be more Gawn or Paddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight it was pretty clear what went wrong in this game.

The Pies held their width really well in contests - they made sure they always had a few guys around the contest on the outside so if the ball came out loose then they could run immediately. On the other hand we were collapsing in to the contest to try to win it.

No reason that couldn't have worked for us but our contested stuff just wasn't quite strong enough, Mitchell + Pendlebury + Adams just harder bodies and smarter than our kids - Crouch aside obviously. And also their structure means they can win really crude clearances from the contest, just tap it out or knock it on, because they know they have the numbers on the outside.

A bunch to learn from there but also personnel would change things. Add Steele to us and remove Mitchell from them and the whole thing is a very different outcome.
Excellent take. I believe they just played the structure game that but better than us which had flow on effects

Poor Caminiti. Just a kid and he’s suddenly in the hot seat of media speculation and painted as a bad guy. I don’t know why very few in the media don’t mention Murphy’s hit on Caminiti first.

Sadly the retaliator always gets nailed. The instigator never does. That should change.

Hope the club are looking after him. The pies fans are feral. Feel for the young guy. Sounds like Murphy is in the McCartin vulnerable category. Won’t help him sadly. This whole thing is a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back