Rumour Retrospective medals for Mitchell and Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

If it is proved that Jobe cheated, then bloody oath he should be stripped of the medal. There is absolutely no shame on Mitchell or Cotchin's behalf in taking the medal. Cheating is cheating is cheating.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...s-brownlow-medal/story-e6frf9l6-1226633411643

This league is fast becoming a bigger and bigger circus.
I don't want Mitch to win one this way, but if Jobe took that stuff and keeps his Brownlow, it just confirms why rusted on supporters are losing interest in the game.
I thought the AFL were gutless with what they did the Melbourne and Adelaide, but keeping a medal after taking PEDs? This sports administration is a farce.

Remember boys ... AFL is a TEAM sport

If Essendon had 6 of the starting 18 using banned drugs .. Watson should be stripped of the Brownlow, REGARDLESS whether he took the drug or not.
You couldn't be serious.
What a load of bullshit

so on your reckoning if Sammy wins the 2013 brownlow everyone who played with him gets one as well.

You couldn't be serious.
What a load of bullshit

so on your reckoning if Sammy wins the 2013 brownlow everyone who played with him gets one as well.

Look at the Olympics .. If a relay team is found to have one member who is taking drugs, the whole team gets stripped of the medal

I hear your point and it is valid .. BUT, if 6 of the staring 18 used drugs, believe me when I say ... It would make Watson's path much easier to winning

It taints the whole process .. IF the dons are guilty, they should be stripped of everything .. They cheated, pure and simple

If they take it off him I don't think it will be given to anyone, it wil be recorded as no winner.

You would have to go back to every match where Jobe polled and rejig the votes. If he got a 3, then who ever got a 2 would then get 3, whoever got 1 would then get 2 and the 4th best player on the field would then have to get 1 vote, but we have no way of knowing who the umps thought was 4th best on field. Impossible to do.
Well in that case if Jobe came second, the medal would still be stripped of the winner.

Look at the Olympics .. If a relay team is found to have one member who is taking drugs, the whole team gets stripped of the medal

I hear your point and it is valid .. BUT, if 6 of the staring 18 used drugs, believe me when I say ... It would make Watson's path much easier to winning

It taints the whole process .. IF the dons are guilty, they should be stripped of everything .. They cheated, pure and simple

The Brownlow Medal is an individual award, not a team award. An Olympic relay team is competing for a team award, not an individual one. It's not the same.

Seems like the AFL are going to protect Essendon as much as they can. Even at the expense of brand AFL. Essendon FC must have some big powerbrokers at play here, able to twist Demetriou's arm.

Being banned should be during the season. Not the off season. Demetriou and Essendon appear to be as crooked as the come.

They have a hefty media rights deal and other revenue streams they are seeking to protect.

As opposed to the integrity of the competition? I reckon AD has in own arse in mind by trying to cover up this mess.

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all. Cynical maneuvering going on for mine.

If they take it off him I don't think it will be given to anyone, it wil be recorded as no winner.

You would have to go back to every match where Jobe polled and rejig the votes. If he got a 3, then who ever got a 2 would then get 3, whoever got 1 would then get 2 and the 4th best player on the field would then have to get 1 vote, but we have no way of knowing who the umps thought was 4th best on field. Impossible to do.
wouldn't you have to rejig the votes anyway if he came second? Its not him winning while cheating that screws up the votes, its him participating while.cheating.

Give it to Sam and Trent, its only fair.

You couldn't be serious.
What a load of bullshit

You can't completely separate one player's performance from the rest of the team's. Consider that teams who win tend to get more votes than teams who lose, that players with good team-mates around them play better. Look at the effect Hodge can have on those around him. Consider the extra ball you can get when you have great ball-winners around you.

There is an argument to be made that if Essendon* are found to have cheated in 2012, that everything they achieved in that year should be stripped. Even from players who were not juiced.

You can't completely separate one player's performance from the rest of the team's. Consider that teams who win tend to get more votes than teams who lose, that players with good team-mates around them play better. Look at the effect Hodge can have on those around him. Consider the extra ball you can get when you have great ball-winners around you.

There is an argument to be made that if Essendon* are found to have cheated in 2012, that everything they achieved in that year should be stripped. Even from players who were not juiced.
My take- home message from your post and sig block is this:

"Essendon....arrogant...grossest absurdities... blah blah..."

did I get it right? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back