News Premiership duo Brent Guerra and David Hale join Fremantle coaching staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Guerra and David Hale (who both played in the 2013 premiership over the Dockers) join Ross Lyon's coaching panel, together with former Kangaroo Anthony Rock.

Guerra was coaching Chelsea in the Mornington Peninsula Football League last season, whilst Hale has recently retired as a player.

They replace Brett Kirk and Simon Lloyd, who both have recently left the Dockers' staff.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...f/news-story/c507bf0d9255d1bb3d15e158990f9809

Good luck to Goo and Halestorm, but not too much when the Dockers play the Hawks.

What?? No love for Anthony Rock? Was a handy player for us 1999-2001 when we were starting to get our shit back together.

Edit: Also played in Box Hill Hawk's first ever Premiership in 2001 so technically he's a Hawks Premiership player. ;)

931622-jun-2001-anthony-rock-for-hawthorn-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geurra will be good over there. Not sure what Hale is bringing to the table? Wouldn't have earmarked him as coaching material.
Hale is actually a secondary school teacher.
With a lot of hard work its hoped he can get Hayden Ballantyne to read by the end of the year.

I'd say that and a lot Hawk intel is a pretty decent start.

Last edited:
LOL. Wasn't Ross the Boss the one who sacked Brett Guerra from the Saints and then thus sending him to us? That turned out to be another great move hey Ross.... we win, you lose, sounds like situation normal.

Well done to David Hale. Sadly has a very big job ahead of him trying to build a forward line set up for the Dumbers but if anyone can do, he can.

LOL. Wasn't Ross the Boss the one who sacked Brett Guerra from the Saints and then thus sending him to us? That turned out to be another great move hey Ross.... we win, you lose, sounds like situation normal.

Well done to David Hale. Sadly has a very big job ahead of him trying to build a forward line set up for the Dumbers but if anyone can do, he can.

No that was grant thomas. Im interested to see if they have any sort of impact on our style of play, especially moving the ball from d50 to f50.

Will be interesting, Hale is currently or soon will be a qualified teacher, he said he was close in his retirement speech. He's been very effective in nullifying opponents that should be able to beat him, he's smart and obviously having played 237 odd senior games as a ruck and a forward with 14 years of AFL experience at 2 clubs he would bring a lot to the table.

The number of recruits to other sides in a coaching capacity, whether ex-players or ex-coaches, speaks volumes.

We are the premier side in the competition whichever way you care to look at it.

I read your posts with an harpsichord leitmotif playing in the background of my mind

Just thought you'd like to know

Bringing in some inside sources to understand our game plan. Ross has always struggled to understand why his game plan always failed against us.

Goo and Halestorm might suggest that Freo try and score a few goals each game....just for something new....

Bringing in some inside sources to understand our game plan. Ross has always struggled to understand why his game plan always failed against us.
Just a shameless attempt from Ross to steal intel and other juicy details. I actually feel sorry for him, losing that many clutch games would have to scar a person.

If Hawks don't win flag I hope Freo do. Poor bastard..

Remove this Banner Ad

News Premiership duo Brent Guerra and David Hale join Fremantle coaching staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back