Game Day Pies vs Cats @ Vic Park

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFLW keeps getting better each season. The improvement in players and ball movement is really noticeable.
And the Pies are a very exciting team

Indeed more games they play,training etc.
The girls comp will look so different in 5 years time.

Kept the cats to just 2 points after quarter time. Thought Davey was our best. Best game I've from Schleicher - looks much improved; ditto Butler. We also seem to be using Chiocci much better with a more outside role.

Kept the cats to just 2 points after quarter time. Thought Davey was our best. Best game I've from Schleicher - looks much improved; ditto Butler. We also seem to be using Chiocci much better with a more outside role.

Cats 1st goal was a tad lucky
Schleicher was amazing,Kicking our 1st goal was awesome.

How good are our girls? And how good is the AFLW? Its streets ahead of the first year, 2017. Playing our home games at Vic Park also adds another dimension. Great convivial atmosphere. Davey is such a good player, but so are others too many to mention. I love Livo!

Was lovely to finally meet you Maggie5, and your friend. After I left you, I went down to the race to clap the girls in. On the way, I passed some of our new boys including McCreery and Poulter. I'm warming to McCreery and he hasnt played a game yet. Getting good vibes off him, his demeanor, has a bit of swagger, and was polite and friendly when I spoke to him (couldn't help myself).

Last edited:
Cats 1st goal was a tad lucky
Schleicher was amazing,Kicking our 1st goal was awesome.
Great game Davey a bull today, unstopable as the game went on. Norder much better today, schleicher quantum leap forward breaking lines and kicking with penetration, making a big difference to the defence. Throw Braz in and its gonna be an exciting ride in 2021. Go pies

Great game Davey a bull today, unstopable as the game went on. Norder much better today, schleicher quantum leap forward breaking lines and kicking with penetration, making a big difference to the defence. Throw Braz in and its gonna be an exciting ride in 2021. Go pies

2 games in so we will see.

2 games in so we will see.
Actually I think we have a good player here. She was pretty good at Carlton and has improved more so.

I wonder why she left the Captaincy and Carlton?

Seems the $10 entry has deterred supporters, almost 3000 at the game.

How good are our girls? And how good is the AFLW? Its streets ahead of the first year, 2017. Playing our home games at Vic Park also adds another dimension. Great convivial atmosphere. Davey is such a good player, but so are others too many to mention. I love Livo!

Was lovely to finally meet you Maggie5, and your friend. After I left you, I went down to the race to clap the girls in. On the way, I passed some of our new boys including McCreery and Poulter. I'm warming to McCreery and he hasnt played a game yet. Getting good vibes off him, his demeanor, has a bit of swagger, and was polite and friendly when I spoke to him (couldn't help myself).
Great to finally meet you too VP.

I too watched the girls come back,. Am really impressed with Davey, she was clapping the supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took my son down to Vic Park to spend the afternoon watching the ladies going around. It was great to watch some footy live, after the week the clubs had, and to get the win was fantastic.
Having the pleasure of watching Davey and Bonnici play live, was just worth the trip. Both terrific players, Davey is an absolute machine. Each time in a contest she has 2 or 3 players hanging off her, and they still can't get her to ground, and still she is able to get off a handball or kick. So much strength in her core to play like that.
Well done to the women, as they're playing some terrific footy, and it was great to see Rowe back. Thought she was terrific today.

Last edited:
How exciting is Joanna Lin? Debut game and has pace to burn!!!

Very impressive. Best part of that dash down the ground was her work to get into the position to receive the footy. You see her dashing from the back pocket on the opposite side of the ground. Shows great game awareness. Unfortunate she ran too far but it’s a great insight into what she’ll bring to the team longer term. Also nailed some telling tackles.

DidakaW R2

5 Davey - what a game, does it get any better than that.
4 Schleicher - making a case for AA consideration.
3 Bonnici - just doesnt stop running and always working hard at the coalface.
2 Norder - much better game this week.
1 Chiocci - pretty open field for the 1 point but thought her poise and skill gives it to her.

Apologies to Butler, Alexander, O’Dea and Livingstone

Loved O’Dea’s game. Continues to do all the hard physical stuff but now starting to show a little flair.

Of the newer girls, loved Lin’s debut, Brown continues to hint at what she might offer longer term, and Velardo much more involved this week. That lead-up pack mark was probably the strongest hint toward what she might offer longer term.

Alexander and Schleicher continue to emerge as long term book-ends.

The defense is looking so solid and still has Brazill to welcome back.

PS: what happened to Allen?

Good to hear some of the Boys where there to Support the Girls

Very impressive. Best part of that dash down the ground was her work to get into the position to receive the footy. You see her dashing from the back pocket on the opposite side of the ground. Shows great game awareness. Unfortunate she ran too far but it’s a great insight into what she’ll bring to the team longer term. Also nailed some telling tackles.
Lin showed great pace and run, but think she just tried to do a bit too much at times today. Being her first game that can be excused though. Hopefully a bit more composure will come with time after adjusting to the increased pressure/speed of AFLW.

I saw the boys too. Walked past me. I waved at mccreery. He waved me. Next time I waved at Poulter, he prob thought who is this crazy girl lol He looked a bit awkward haha.
Chugg is taller than I thought. Briskey getting the lay of the land at vic park. Good to see them supporting the girls.

This is a really exciting team.

I was worried about how our forward line would fare without D'Arcy.

Against Geelong we were without Membrey and Newman also.

Molloy is absolute quality. The Irish girls Sheridan and Rowe are so dangerous.

Alexander was a welcome surprise. So good overhead, made great position and competed. Is that her best position?

How exciting is Joanna Lin? Debut game and has pace to burn!!!

Lin was a highlight. I liked her game a lot. Plenty of pace and excellent tackler. She needs to work on her fitness I think. Looked knackered at half time and didn't touch it much after half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back