Our Crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fremantle crowd week in, week out create the best atmosphere in the AFL, despite the result tonight was quite simply awesome.

The eagle supporters we brought with us were in awe. Surely that arguement as to who has the louder and more passionate crowd has been put to bed.

I thought was time one of the best part's of our club was applauded as the best in the business (even if our club at no stage has been :eek:)

i have the passion :thumbsu:

now do ya go to the eagles games wen freo arent in town? or r ya jus basing this on derby crowds?

Even though we lost a game we probably should have won, but weren't expected to, I was proud to be a dockers fan after seeing the standing ovation and the "Freo" chant after the game. Good on you boys and well done to the fans for those who stayed to clap them off.

The crowd was awesome tonight, even the loud and some times funny cat supporter sitting behind me but fat ____ that was sitting next to me who at half time confessed to being a dirty bird that scored free tickets gave me the shits. She and her fugly friend dribbled shit all freaking night about every thing except footy.

Possibly the loudest crowd I've ever been to tonight, was a phenomenal atmosphere, just awesome really.

Surely that arguement as to who has the louder and more passionate crowd has been put to bed.

Definitely. It's a shame that the fans in the Freo crowd demographic can't get tickets to Eagles games because the same old people who don't know SFA about football get tickets.

I could hear it from my house in Mt Hawthorn tonight though.

When Pav took that mark with 30 secs to go, the crowd went mental. I haven't heard it that load since jlo took that mark against st kilda........goosebump stuff :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit we always have a laugh re how excited the Freo crowd get over small things - it is quite noticeable on TV

When you guys beat St Kilda (round 21 or 22 couple of years ago) I have never seen crowd celebrations like it - even for a side that has just won a grand final

I think it is great that you have built your supporter base up over recent years and my club could learn a few things re supporter access etc

However I think you guys need to chill out a bit and not get so high and low - sends the wrong message to the playing group (i.e. your totally satisfied with a good home and away win)

Bad luck on tonight - need to bring that pressure and tackling each week and Pav is better as the key forward target!

Must admit we always have a laugh re how excited the Freo crowd get over small things - it is quite noticeable on TV

When you guys beat St Kilda (round 21 or 22 couple of years ago) I have never seen crowd celebrations like it - even for a side that has just won a grand final

I think it is great that you have built your supporter base up over recent years and my club could learn a few things re supporter access etc

However I think you guys need to chill out a bit and not get so high and low - sends the wrong message to the playing group (i.e. your totally satisfied with a good home and away win)

Bad luck on tonight - need to bring that pressure and tackling each week and Pav is better as the key forward target!

So you're saying you don't want the fans to be passionate? LOL :D

FWIW, that was an electric atmosphere and I found my self hanging on to Pav's kick for goal trying to sneak it through, it felt as if it took an hour for the ball to hit the post

Was at the game as a neutral last night and I have to say that was the loudest crowd I have ever heard, the last few minutes were unbelievable.

Ch7's inability to pick this up was terribly dissappointing.

Was at the game as a neutral last night and I have to say that was the loudest crowd I have ever heard, the last few minutes were unbelievable.

Ch7's inability to pick this up was terribly dissappointing.

too true, that would be the second best performance by the crowd i can remember (JLo's goal after the siren against st kilda, is No. One) and i watched the tape this morning of the game and the commentators said nothing of it and the sound mixing at the game was horrible so you couldn't even tell there was anyone there on the tely.

come on Ch 7...

The bit right when Pav took his mark, and also when Bell got the ball on the wing was just so loud it was unbelievable.. then i got home and watched the last 5 minutes on tv and it sounded like we were playing in an empty stadium. Very poor.

and i thought it was louder than the Saints game :)

The bit right when Pav took his mark, and also when Bell got the ball on the wing was just so loud it was unbelievable.. then i got home and watched the last 5 minutes on tv and it sounded like we were playing in an empty stadium. Very poor.

and i thought it was louder than the Saints game :)

Yeah, I got home to see the last 3 minutes. And it sounded so...dead on tv. Was pretty pissed off actually. My friend over in Melbourne said it was quite loud though :confused:

Fremantle crowd week in, week out create the best atmosphere in the AFL, despite the result tonight was quite simply awesome.

The eagle supporters we brought with us were in awe. Surely that arguement as to who has the louder and more passionate crowd has been put to bed.

I thought was time one of the best part's of our club was applauded as the best in the business (even if our club at no stage has been :eek:)

You have friends that are Eagles supporters??????:eek:

Have got to say the Atmosphere is the big thing, was in melbourne last week went to three AFL games while i was there and bar the Roos Pies match which was a very good close match the atmosphere doesn't compare at all.

You have got to be kidding me.

Just when I thought I'd seen every dumb comment possible on this site someone comes out and tops them all.

Supporters being criticised for being too loud and passionate? Fair dinkum. *shakes head in bewilderment*

yeah the atmosphere was awesome.

only thing that spoilt it for me was the twat dockers supporter sitting behing me. when we were up he was all we are so awesome giving it to his cats supporter mate. When geelong caught up and when they had got ahead near the end it was all "14 years i have been putting up with crap" etc etc, then bagging players. These sort of supporters really shit me. In the third quater i turn around and told him to F off cos we dont want his sort around the club. you are in thick or thin, or you are out...simply no other way to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back