Mod. Notice Opposition trolls and quality of posting

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know about irony as such but from the opposite side that SP has written from, I have found that many Crow supporters have a (help me someone as I am trying to find the right word, deep seated perhaps?) hatred of anything Port that is hard to comprehend. Not the majority but certainly more than one would expect. That deep seated hatred is something that I have rarely seen with Port supporters towards the Crows or anyone else. A superiority complex of sorts perhaps, hatred to anywhere near the same levels? No.

Yes I do not live in Adelaide (someone was bound to point this out), yes I have lived in Adelaide but more importantly relative to my statement, yes I do have friends and relatives in SA and the split would be roughly 70-30 with some (very few) that support neither team and the odd one or two that support Melbourne based teams, so I would say a very average sample.
Come off it. The fact that you are one of the more prominent posters on our board and none of us can even maintain a conversation on yours should tell you something.

were you a Port Magpie supporter back in the SANFL glory days?

it started back then. having to put up with the arrogant flog magpie supporters from the SANFL.
Sort of was (long story, Port in the SANFL and Hawthorn in the VFL) and yes I did notice it back then as I was living in Adelaide at the time, but IMO it has grown to different levels with some. 1990 may have had something to do with it, or perhaps not, but you are right it's more with the "middle age" crowd that perhaps grew up in the 70s and 80s more so than the older people or the younger ones.

it's now kept alive by the arrogant flog power supporters of the AFL. this part is chicken and egg stuff for younger supporters i'd say. do you hate the team first or their supporters? it doesn't matter, everyone learns to hate both over time.

my kids know I hate port. they don't understand why, I couldn't explain it to them in a PG rated version so I just don't. (although I am careful to make sure they know its the team I hate and not their supporters). They don't hate the power yet. i'm sure they will one day though when they have spent enough time having to interact with the nuffies for long enough.:D

whatever the reason, overall I think the hatred (or whetever level of dislike) rivalry maybe between the teams and supporters is great in the most part.

it's now kept alive by the arrogant flog power supporters of the AFL. this part is chicken and egg stuff for younger supporters i'd say. do you hate the team first or their supporters? it doesn't matter, everyone learns to hate both over time.
Yeah, nah. (from my perspective)

my kids know I hate port. they don't understand why, I couldn't explain it to them in a PG rated version so I just don't. (although I am careful to make sure they know its the team I hate and not their supporters). They don't hate the power yet. i'm sure they will one day though when they have spent enough time having to interact with the nuffies for long enough.:D
Hehe. Once the AFL becomes a playstation only game then I am sure the younger ones will get into it a bit more.
I think I'll leave that one alone for the time being. :p

whatever the reason, overall I think the hatred (or whetever level of dislike) rivalry maybe between the teams and supporters is great in the most part.
Rivalry is and will always be a good thing as long as the majority are able to keep a lid on it. Some of the crap that happens overseas has no place in our society. :thumbsu:

Come off it. The fact that you are one of the more prominent posters on our board and none of us can even maintain a conversation on yours should tell you something.
I have enjoyed you posting on the Port board and as you may have gathered I prefer to see more of it rather than less, :thumbsu: but if you think you have copped more crap over there than I do on here from time to time you may need to think again or use the search engine.
You just have to put up with it as the reason we read and post on other boards is because of the majority of posters on there and not the minority.

But they don't do anything about it anyway. They use their own judgement and just allow it to pass through to the keeper.

Therefore, it's easier to just reply with some obscenity or profanity to make you feel better.
Not true.

But let's say it is sometimes.

Trolls be silly.
You report and dont respond.
I delete, or possibly dont.
You're 2 pages further in, you don't care.
Troll carries on again because they got no attention and werent dealt with.
You report again and don't respond.
That's 2 strikes. Thread ban.
Carry on. No issue.

I go on the Port board every now & then most of what i read in regards to our club is not that much different to what gets posted on this board in reverse but there are a few really sick people on there who do take feralism (i made that word up myself) to the extreme when they describe their feelings toward anything at all to do with the AFC but i just give them a like & laugh my head off at them.

I go on the Port board every now & then most of what i read in regards to our club is not that much different to what gets posted on this board in reverse but there are a few really sick people on there who do take feralism (i made that word up myself) to the extreme when they describe their feelings toward anything at all to do with the AFC but i just give them a like & laugh my head off at them.
So they are the same but different?
If we look at say Ken Hinkley this year. All Crows fans I know including myself would say "oh yeah he has done a great job and was a great get by PAP" The typical PAP supporter looks at it like " Sando is crap compared to Hinkley".
We see a good year by Wingard and say "Hey he has really take off this year, hes gonna be a gun" PAP supporters say "Wingard is better than Dangerfield"

Feralism...that word's goin' straight to the pool room!:thumbsu:

The reason you would notice it on there more than here probably has something to do with the team you follow and would be reversed if you followed Port.
Agree with the meh bit about taking that sort of stuff too seriously. :thumbsu:

So they are the same but different?
If we look at say Ken Hinkley this year. All Crows fans I know including myself would say "oh yeah he has done a great job and was a great get by PAP" The typical PAP supporter looks at it like " Sando is crap compared to Hinkley".
We see a good year by Wingard and say "Hey he has really take off this year, hes gonna be a gun" PAP supporters say "Wingard is better than Dangerfield"
Check the thread on this board about Wingard after Port's pre season camp in New Zealand a few weeks after he was drafted and then see if there is any difference regarding the "occasional" nasty stuff by some posters towards players etc from the other team. I'll answer it for you, there isn't. Never has been and never will be, just part and parcel of these sort of posting boards. ;)

Check the thread on this board about Wingard after Port's pre season camp in New Zealand a few weeks after he was drafted and then see if there is any difference regarding the "occasional" nasty stuff by some posters towards players etc from the other team. I'll answer it for you, there isn't. Never has been and never will be, just part and parcel of these sort of posting boards. ;)
Even the port players get in on the nasty stuff;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every report made has been addressed.
Get over yourselves. People, including mods, have lives and can't attend to your reports every hour let alone every 2 mins.

It beggar's belief some of you won't even try to listen.

Thank you to those who did report and ignore.

Can we say that when the paps are being feral that they are 'feralling'. Should it have two ls or one?

I'm surprised TSW got banned yesterday if that is what happened. Have no idea why as I'm assuming a number of posts may have been deleted before I logged on last night.
The reason I say that about TSW is because I can think of a number of posters who I wouldn't be surprised if they copped a ban, either here or on the Port board, but TSW is not one of them. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back