CaptainDavey

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
The Shire
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Hey there guys, bad luck today but you know, it's the Eagles...You deserved to win, so maybe you can take some consolation in that.

As the title suggests there were two things today that particularly caught my eye, I'll start with the negative. Daniel Kerr and his complete low blow on Sammy Mitchell's bollocks. My lord, people sit there and they attack Lovett-Murrary for his hit last night, IMO that was 50 gazillion times worse. Cheapest and lowest act I've seen in a long while.

Now for the good thing. Campbell Brown, he's not the most well liked person amongst us Melbourne supporters but today, when he had no regard for his health and safety and completely threw himself infront of the behemoth Q-Unit, easily one of if not the most courageous acts I've seen all season, he should commended on that for sure. Yeah they kicked the goal with Embley coming in but still, I thought it was a very noble thing to do in stark contrast to Kerr's low blow.

Anyways, thought I might offer my two cents, again bad luck but it was a much better showing than against the Saints and you guys should take some satisfaction out of this.

Cheers:thumbsu:

CaptainDavey said:
Hey there guys, bad luck today but you know, it's the Eagles...You deserved to win, so maybe you can take some consolation in that.

As the title suggests there were two things today that particularly caught my eye, I'll start with the negative. Daniel Kerr and his complete low blow on Sammy Mitchell's bollocks. My lord, people sit there and they attack Lovett-Murrary for his hit last night, IMO that was 50 gazillion times worse. Cheapest and lowest act I've seen in a long while.

Now for the good thing. Campbell Brown, he's not the most well liked person amongst us Melbourne supporters but today, when he had no regard for his health and safety and completely threw himself infront of the behemoth Q-Unit, easily one of if not the most courageous acts I've seen all season, he should commended on that for sure. Yeah they kicked the goal with Embley coming in but still, I thought it was a very noble thing to do in stark contrast to Kerr's low blow.

Anyways, thought I might offer my two cents, again bad luck but it was a much better showing than against the Saints and you guys should take some satisfaction out of this.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Cheers mate, it'll take a while for me to recognize our positives, but i'm still ****ed we lost ...

terrific performance, we deserved to win and were very unlucky, the bounce of the ball always favoured the eagles, no luck for us at all.

murphy and young continued to impress and birchall was good again.

williams was terrific.

we just need to find a backman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest John said:
hawks best for a couple of years. Question for Lynch drops a mark .Why didn`t lynch drop a couple today .Cheers

I need to change my username :cool:

nar, Lynch has improved 900% since last season. Far more than most would have ever expected and in the last 8-9 weeks has really started to hold his marks (freakishly strong hands now)

I think that he has really grown in confidence now that Matera isnt giving him a bollocking all the time, now he's not afraid to boss around the other forwards and scream at the midfielders once in a while

Plain and simply, a prick of a result!!
Yes, Birchall and Young continue to impress, and Murphy totally looked the goods, we need to see more of him. But of all this, Miller has again shown that
until you grasp the fundamentals, such as keeping both eyes on the ball, and using both hands to grab the ball, you will never make it at this level. That said, I think Harry needs a solid 5 game block, and plenty of minutes before I crucify him, but if he is out of contract this year(??), the next few weeks will make or break him!

Liked - The promising signs of our new look backline based around brown and sewell as smalls, and murphy and birchall as mids sized defenders. Chuck Zac in their next year after a summer on the weights and croad/roughie as other tall and looks like a good structure.
Disliked - prob a bit harsh but roughead. Appears to have stagnated a bit this year. Outmuscled and out sprinted/manourev by lynch. His lack of pace/agility worries me atm. Seems a bit lost, and not sure where his best possie long term will be as cant play on the gun fwds in brown,tredrea, hall reiwoldt as they would kill him on the lead/around the ground yet cant get a touch up forward. Maybe a few weeks at box hill dominating up forward would be useful.

I think Roughead's future may lay in the goal square of our forward line. He has looked good on occasions there, just needs to develop further and get more confidence in his marking ability.

A few games at Box Hill I saw and he took some absolute hangers, so he's definately got forward ability, but key position players need to get into their early twenties before they can start showing what they are made of. He was drafted as a bottome age player so he's got a heaps of time in front of him still.

Birchall is so composed with the ball. He makes less mistakes than any draft pick we've had in the last few years, and makes the right decision on most occasions.

Everitt was back to his top form which was a major positive for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I liked and one thing I didn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back