Oppo Camp Oh My Gawd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our first clue of his footballing incompetance was coaching the Hawks to their embarrassing capitulation to us in 2001 :D

You may be vigourously agreeing with me here, but it case you have misunderstood...

I agreed with you that he doesn't have the understanding or skills required for an active football role.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I think Melbourne tried to put him in a role that was closer to the media/admin/management side of things when they took him over from Freo, and further away from the football side. Clearly, it wasn't far enough away from the football side.

As Whitey says, the new job description sounds like a better fit for his personality.

I was vigorously agreeing! It was more my desire to express my dislike for Connolly. I think I agreed with you too vigorously perhaps, certainly without enough clarity.

Incredible. Perfect opportunity to jettison a tangible link to bad decisions; instead rewarded with 2yrs paid to fanny around. I thought Jackson would bring common sense, I am mistaken.

Incredible. Perfect opportunity to jettison a tangible link to bad decisions; instead rewarded with 2yrs paid to fanny around. I thought Jackson would bring common sense, I am mistaken.

In fairness, Jacksons hands may well be tied in regards to this. Sweetheart deals and all.

He is also yet to table his report to the AFL.

All bets may be off after that.

In fairness, Jacksons hands may well be tied in regards to this. Sweetheart deals and all.

He is also yet to table his report to the AFL.

All bets may be off after that.
I would have thought that if the AFL had appointed Jackson he would have been given license to clean house. It seems this may not be the case, or Connolly is using the Jedi Mind Trick.

Personally I feel if the AFL admin is going to control a club on the fringe of extinction then this is a poor move. On the other hand it's Melbourne and I'm happy to see them stink it up.

I would have thought that if the AFL had appointed Jackson he would have been given license to clean house. It seems this may not be the case, or Connolly is using the Jedi Mind Trick.

Personally I feel if the AFL admin is going to control a club on the fringe of extinction then this is a poor move. On the other hand it's Melbourne and I'm happy to see them stink it up.

Again, Jacksons report needs to be tabled to the AFL Commission before definitive moves will be made.

Again, Jacksons report needs to be tabled to the AFL Commission before definitive moves will be made.
I agree if you believe in the integrity of the AFL admin. I think the AFL admin is a law into itself, happy to pull the strings 'for the greater good' without a written report. But maybe I'm just cynical.

I agree if you believe in the integrity of the AFL admin. I think the AFL admin is a law into itself, happy to pull the strings 'for the greater good' without a written report. But maybe I'm just cynical.

I agree with you 100%, they are muppets. But even the AFL has to follow some sort of guidelines. Their own warped view of due process , if you like.

They've appointed Jackson publicly, and they need to wait for his report before acting.

I agree with you 100%, they are muppets. But even the AFL has to follow some sort of guidelines. Their own warped view of due process , if you like.

They've appointed Jackson publicly, and they need to wait for his report before acting.
I hope this is the case. As much as I dislike the current era Melbourne, I'd like to see them rise again for the sake of the game. Not too soon mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I don't get most is, how can they hand him a new contract while the stand in, Mark Evans or whatever his name is - is still doing his review of all personnel?!? I thought neither players or staff were safe from that review?

They can pretty much call an end to it because they've just completely overlooked the cancer, again...

I'd love to see the odds on him fulfilling his whole contract or getting the sack before completing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back