Rumour New clash strip to be introduced in Rd 24

Remove this Banner Ad

you forgot to take your medication today huh? By that I'm implying you are a nutcase if you are a 30+ year supporter and dont like our song...

LOL no medication for me buddy. I DO like our song, but I think the STYLE of ALL songs/anthems have become a bit outdated (kinda like 5 piece brass bands) and could be modernised. Same goes with the banners. just a personal opinion, deal with it

Judging by some of the responses here, I will probably now be accused of not even liking footy, geez

:) mate i am "dealing with it", but you could make your mind up "I also don't like the club anthem" and then " I DO like our song".

Anyhow, have it both ways if you want thats up to you!

No joke, and not a troll.

I've been a mad and passionate Hawthorn supporter for 30 years. I've been through all the good times and bad. I remember in the 80's that despite us being so successful, we regularly struggled to get big crowds and we weren't viewed as a glamour club, which astounded and dissapointed me no end. Make no mistake I of course would rather have success and substance over glamour every day of the week.

Would you buy in if it were the single most reason to increasing our supporter base per year by say 30%?

I agree, they are 'our unique' colours, but if our unique colours were pink and lime green I wouldn't necessarily be happy about it, but I would of course still love the club.

I just think we are so good, that we should have even more supporters, in particular from developing new markets. Imagine exposing the game to a bunch of Americans for the first time and the only reason for their first choice of team was the colours? We wouldn't get much of a look in. Just an example, not sure if explaining it thoroughly.

As for mascots, again, the same applies as if the same situation was presented, I'd think the Suns would garner more support than the Hawks.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but from a marketing and advertising perspective and enhancing the club's appeal and brand in this modern age, I think it should be considered at least.

I may be too out there, as I also don't like the club anthems and the banners too. Think club anthems need to be modernised, and that banners have run their race (mostly used for advertising now) and they seem archaic.

I feel, the game and with it our club could do with a little more pizzaz, and looking outside the square or brainstorming for ideas should not be scoffed at.

Thing is, our the colours, if anything, have assisted us in actually garnering support.

How many clubs in world sport have the Brown and Gold colours, how many clubs in Australia have a predominantly gold merchandise offering???

As others have stated when you go to a Hawthorn game you cannot mistake where our supporters are scattered in the stands…if you wear Hawthorn merchandise in the street its extremely easy to recognise which club the person wearing the merchandise supports.

Rather than a hindrance, our unique colours are a massive opportunity to make Hawthorn a demonstrative football club that gives us considerably more coverage than the same old blue/white, black/white combinations

In comparison to clubs like North Melbourne (who have also had success over the last 30 years) part of the reason why we have been able to grow our support considerably is because amongst other things, we have a clearly identifiable brand, we actually know who we are, rather than merely trying to imitate the leaders

Where Hawthorn have clear market differentiation from just about every other club in Australian sport, North Melbourne can be very easily confused with the market leading Collingwood.

As for mascots, again, the same applies as if the same situation was presented, I'd think the Suns would garner more support than the Hawks.

You serious??

gci_aa.jpg

LOL!!!

I just think we are so good, that we should have even more supporters, in particular from developing new markets. Imagine exposing the game to a bunch of Americans for the first time and the only reason for their first choice of team was the colours? We wouldn't get much of a look in. Just an example, not sure if explaining it thoroughly.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Green Bay Packers board

I know 2 non-Australians that started supporting Hawthorn because of the brown and gold stripes. They both thought that it was the most unique sports jumper they had ever come across and jumped on board.
Marketability has more to do with recognising what needs to be marketed. Like many of you mentioned, the gold around the ground on game day is definitely a strong point. The teams with the predominately dark strips don't stand out quite the same way as Hawthorn (or Sydney for that matter) fans do.

I know 2 non-Australians that started supporting Hawthorn because of the brown and gold stripes. They both thought that it was the most unique sports jumper they had ever come across and jumped on board.
Marketability has more to do with recognising what needs to be marketed. Like many of you mentioned, the gold around the ground on game day is definitely a strong point. The teams with the predominately dark strips don't stand out quite the same way as Hawthorn (or Sydney for that matter) fans do.

I met a new Australian who selected Hawthorn as her team simply due to our colours.

For obvious reasons I had to ask why, and it turns out that she was a massive Harry Potter fan and our scarves resemble Gryffindor's colours. :D

Hawthorn should be and will continue to be Brown and Gold forever. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you buy in if it were the single most reason to increasing our supporter base per year by say 30%?

What would be the point of even calling us us if our go was to "recruit" indiscriminately so as to pander to a number on a page in a room of bean counters. Let all the tools who choose a footy side by which coloured scarf most brings out their eyes barrack for someone the **** else. Quality control, sann.

Mark me down for a no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back