My top 5 Richmond players

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This is just a rough list of who i think is the best 5 players that currently play for Richmond
A rough estimate

My Top 5
1st= Nathan Foley
2nd= Chris Newman
3rd= Brett Deledio
4th= Daniel Jackson
5th= Ben Cousins

'09: cousins, deledio, tambling, jackson, newman
predicted '10: cotchin, deledio, tambling, foley, cousins

I also think that Riewoldt will be pushing to be one of our most important players next year.

Best 5
1. Brett Deledio
2. Ben Cousins
3. Nathan Foley
4. Luke McGuane
5. Mitch Morton

That was harder than I thought...

Fav 5
In all honesty, used to be Richo, Bowden, Coughlan. Imagine how I feel.. :eek:

This needs a bit of thought. :(

1. Brett Deledio
2. Trent Cotchin
3. Ben Cousins
4. Nathan Foley
5. Jack Riewoldt

Unlucky: Chris Newman, Richard Tambling, Mitch Morton, Luke McGuane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly im surprised McGuane's name was mentioned and nahas wasn't. Im not the biggest fan of McGuane. I know a few people rate him pretty high and they back it up well but IMO he is a bit clumsy. If he does put on the weight that he needs to then i think he will be a better player. As it stands and once again IMO i think Nahas should be there instead of McGuane.

Best 5
Deledio- dual jack dyer medalist
Cousins- Super player
Cotchin- We all know how much potential he has and i already rate him as one of our best
Morton- smart goal kicker
Foley- strong body'd mid

based on Potential
Cotchin- could win a brownlow
Rance- our future FB
riewoldt- needs more weight and needs to show consistency we've seen glimpses of him
Martin- we all know we're gonna draft him hopefully he turns out to be a superstar
Post/vickery- both showed enough to say they are capable in the forward line and in there prefered positions

Fav 5
Hislop- great agression hopefullly he turns out to be a really good player and he smashed a few collingwood players :)
cotchin- gun
rance- gun
post-gun
Riewoldt- gun
and martin wen he gets drafted

1. Cotchin - haven't had a player with as much sheer talent for 2 decades, barring injury a future hall of famer who will transform our club , and anyone who can't see that is clearly a ****in' idiot with NFI about footy...

2. Lids - say what ya like, best player from that draft and the right choice.:thumbsu:
3. Morton - death or glory excitement machine..love it!:thumbsu:
4. Jack - he will be another Nick..bookmark it kids.:thumbsu:
5. Bling - because I like the kid and to annoy the poster at the top of this page.:thumbsu:

Unlucky

Cuz..love seeing him in yellow and black...almost surreal... is the best player on our list and a true legend... of West Coast...

Axel - if he gave us 4 great quarters instead of 2 or 3 once in a while he'd be in there for sure.

**** the "honest triers" ..I prefer matchwinners and class.:thumbsu:

Ben Cousins
Brett Deledio
------------- (potential gap)
Trent Cotchin
-------------- (definate gap)
Richard Tambling
Jack Riewoldt

Apologies Nathan Foley and Mitch Morton

This is just a rough list of who i think is the best 5 players that currently play for Richmond
A rough estimate

My Top 5
1st= Nathan Foley
2nd= Chris Newman
3rd= Brett Deledio
4th= Daniel Jackson
5th= Ben Cousins

thats a good top 5. i switch it around a little bit.

1st=brett deledio
2nd=ben cousins
3rd=nathan foley
4th=daniel jackson
5th=chris newman/shane tuck

1. Pettifer
2. Patto
3. Cogs
4. Putt
5. Richo

BTW have we announced any delistings yet?
I think Browny has been delisted. :cool:

1. Cotchin - haven't had a player with as much sheer talent for 2 decades, barring injury a future hall of famer who will transform our club , and anyone who can't see that is clearly a ****in' idiot with NFI about footy...

2. Lids - say what ya like, best player from that draft and the right choice.:thumbsu:
3. Morton - death or glory excitement machine..love it!:thumbsu:
4. Jack - he will be another Nick..bookmark it kids.:thumbsu:
5. Bling - because I like the kid and to annoy the poster at the top of this page.:thumbsu:

Cuz..love seeing him in yellow and black...almost surreal... is the best player on our list and a true legend... of West Coast...

Axel - if he gave us 4 great quarters instead of 2 or 3 once in a while he'd be in there for sure.

**** the "honest triers" ..I prefer matchwinners and class.:thumbsu:

ISN'T that a contradiction .... best player on our list, yet not in the top five!!!

And again, on Cotchin, agrre with all you say, but he can't be rated our best simply on potential, some glimpses he has shown and what might lie ahead.
Others have runs on the board already..this kid, special as he is, has been a bit player in his two season, all due to injury.
He gets 22 games next year at what we know he can deliver, I'll have him top 5 or even number one, but not yet!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

My top 5 Richmond players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back