Mcdougal

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure of his contract but is he on shaky ground becuase if he cant get a gig in your undersized forward line at 24 i cant see him making the grade.

Doog's was touted by Eade as being a guy who in footy terms is more like a 20 year old in his development. I think he was signed on a 2 year deal. Will be on the list next year, especially if he shows something over the next few games.

Anyway, given that our forward line (up until the last 3 weeks) hasn't been that bad, Doog's not being able to get in is not surprising. If Grant retires at the end of the year Doogs will get another gig.

As a member of Doog Droogs, I am still optomistic that Doogs will come in for Johnno.

( I have to be optomistic......its all we Droogs have !!)

If he does play, it could be down back, as he played there in the past few weeks for Werribee.

Does anyone know when Werribee are playing, so we know when the emergencies named are missing for the 'bees?

As a member of Doog Droogs, I am still optomistic that Doogs will come in for Johnno.

( I have to be optomistic......its all we Droogs have !!)

If he does play, it could be down back, as he played there in the past few weeks for Werribee.

Does anyone know when Werribee are playing, so we know when the emergencies named are missing for the 'bees?

You sound like you want Johnno to miss

I'm not sure of his contract but is he on shaky ground becuase if he cant get a gig in your undersized forward line at 24 i cant see him making the grade.

Brookers!!!! BUDDY....We have had this chat before. What the ****? This is exactly the same back handed shit you always write. Imagine if i went over to the Hawks board and said something like. 'I'm not to sure of Vandenburg's contract, but when he recovers from his injuries i can't see him getting a gig in your team, being the captain and getting on in age, i can't see him being any good at all, or making the grade'.

Reminds me of when you started the thread 'Is big will in trouble?' -
'From what i've seen luke Darcy hasn't been in to crush hot form yet Minson cant get a game does that mean he could be quite possibly delisted or will skipper be the only one let go.'

See what i mean? You obviously know jack shit but I wouldn't go over the hawks board start a thread called 'Is little Ellis in trouble?' - 'From what i've seen Ellis has struggled to get a game, does that mean he quite possibly be delisted? Or does that mean that Muston will be let go?'

So stop with the condescending threads.

• Banned
His a 24 year old who cant get a gig in an undersized forward line which i would of thought was a worry. If you said any of those things i would of disagread but your entitaled it wouldn't worry me but those blokes your talking about are either 20 or the captain of the club a better example would of been Thurgood who is in trouble, i just think his been in the system 7 years for 40 games there must be something not quite right with either his ability or application.

His a 24 year old who cant get a gig in an undersized forward line which i would of thought was a worry. If you said any of those things i would of disagread but your entitaled it wouldn't worry me but those blokes your talking about are either 20 or the captain of the club a better example would of been Thurgood who is in trouble, i just think his been in the system 7 years for 40 games there must be something not quite right with either his ability or application.

Why do you even care????

He's in the first year of his contract, so he's won't be going anywhere.

A spell checker is a great thing - use it.

i just think his been in the system 7 years for 40 games there must be something not quite right with either his ability or application.

You see thats the point where it goes from constructive criticism to a slap in the face. People get very defensive of their own, and you, who knows nothing of the situation besides the obvious small forward line the dogs play, have made an assumption that Doogs is 'not quite right'. Even though he's been playing his best footy this season in the backline. But you wouldn't know that, you just come on here thinking you know everything and suggesting players be delisted. If we wanted to play a TALL up forward we would have done it months ago, we have a pretty tall team with lots of players over 190c, the problem with everyone who doesn't watch the bulldogs often, is that they think any tall player will do. Well it doesn't work that way.

Yea growing up in Braybrook was unlucky but luckerly for me i've moved out of that dump now. Imagine how unlucky i would of been to be from Braybrook & a doggie supporter, makes me cringe. In all seriousness i see alot of bulldogs games because my GF is a fan & over the last few weeks the problem has been obvious that there is no one to kick to down there which i would of thought logically meant that mcdougal should be getting a game.

You see thats the point where it goes from constructive criticism to a slap in the face. People get very defensive of their own, and you, who knows nothing of the situation besides the obvious small forward line the dogs play, have made an assumption that Doogs is 'not quite right'. Even though he's been playing his best footy this season in the backline. But you wouldn't know that, you just come on here thinking you know everything and suggesting players be delisted. If we wanted to play a TALL up forward we would have done it months ago, we have a pretty tall team with lots of players over 190c, the problem with everyone who doesn't watch the bulldogs often, is that they think any tall player will do. Well it doesn't work that way.
Yes i know his played recently down back for werribee but thats only because Eade thinks that his not good enough to play up forward. Yes if his not good enough to play up forward you dont play him hence me saying is he under pressure, your backline will be pretty good in the future Williams will be a good player in time as will Everitt & i think Wight could also be a good player, so i dont really know if you want him to become a backman, but if there trying to turn him in to one doesn't that justify me thinking he wasn't your answer for your forward problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an Eagles fan and a supporter of Andrew when he was with us i'm a little dissapointed that he is unable to get a game at the moment with the Bulldogs. He still seems (from what i've seen of him this year) to flash in and out of games; doing good things one minute, then seeming to undo his good work with a second rate effort the next. I'd like to see him succeed at the Bulldogs but I don't know whether he will. His constant injuries must be a worry for Bulldog fans.

thinking he wasn't your answer for your forward problems.

He was never the answer. It was hoped he could contribute. He'll play tomorrow, and we can have another look at him. But he's contracted for another year and Eade has already said he's very 'immature' football wise. Meaning he hasn't developed fully mentally yet for a 24 year old player. He's safe. Ask me again before the 2009 season.

Alrite no worries that all i was after, who is he is for?
I guess that is meant to say "who is he in for"? And that question shows you know nothing about football or the Bulldogs. There has been talk all week about will Johnson play or not. And if not McDougall will replace him.

Anyway for everyone else i think McDougall is a big confidance player. He is to quick to drop his head when things dont go his way. I think the guy has everything (pace, height, big strong body) all he needs is some confidance and not drop his head. What do others think?

I guess that is meant to say "who is he in for"? And that question shows you know nothing about football or the Bulldogs. There has been talk all week about will Johnson play or not. And if not McDougall will replace him.

Anyway for everyone else i think McDougall is a big confidance player. He is to quick to drop his head when things dont go his way. I think the guy has everything (pace, height, big strong body) all he needs is some confidance and not drop his head. What do others think?
I know Johnson has been a doubt doesn't mean his going to be the one who misses out, you'll look like a fool is someone else has pulled out.

You sound like you want Johnno to miss

Not at all, but as most doggies posters would know there has been a lot of talk about him missing this week, and seeing the coach was quoted as saying he was a 50/50 chance, there is still a fair chance he wont play.

A lot of people are keen to see McDougall again, to see if he has anything to offer us in the next few weeks. The coach also said on foxtel during the week that Doogs was a good chance to play this week.

We may be playing "ducks & drakes", but I dont care who plays out of the two them !!

that just reflects how much we Droogs love Doogs.

You should keep these comments for that other Kids thread on here. He has been playing at Werribee because He's not good enough, especially to replace Johno

Yea growing up in Braybrook was unlucky but luckerly for me i've moved out of that dump now. Imagine how unlucky i would of been to be from Braybrook & a doggie supporter, makes me cringe. In all seriousness i see alot of bulldogs games because my GF is a fan & over the last few weeks the problem has been obvious that there is no one to kick to down there which i would of thought logically meant that mcdougal should be getting a game.

Mate **** off not only carnt you spel but you're becoming a crashing bore. I bet you once followed the dogs but became a glory hunter in about 1986.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcdougal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back