Toast Matt Rosa - life membership

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had a fair few milestones to celebrate this season and this week Matty Rosa will earn life membership of the club by playing his 150th game.

Rosa was our first draft choice in 2004 (pick 29, received for Paul Johnson after we traded away our first rounder for Stenglein). As a teenager he played 15 games during the 2006 season but lost his spot during the finals series and was an emergency on the big day. Criticised early in his career for below-average disposal, he has improved significantly in that aspect of his game and has become a highly-important linkup player in the midfield.

Congrats to Rosy and here's hoping we mark the occasion with a win over the purple mob.

We've had a fair few milestones to celebrate this season and this week Matty Rosa will earn life membership of the club by playing his 150th game.

Rosa was our first draft choice in 2004 (pick 29, received for Paul Johnson after we traded away our first rounder for Stenglein). As a teenager he played 15 games during the 2006 season but lost his spot during the finals series and was an emergency on the big day. Criticised early in his career for below-average disposal, he has improved significantly in that aspect of his game and has become a highly-important linkup player in the midfield.

Congrats to Rosy and here's hoping we mark the occasion with a win over the purple mob.
And a signature on a new three year contract.

Well done matty.

Like his game this year, been providing great run on the outside and proving to be a key link up in play.

His courage is an absolute stand out of his game, hope his season continues to grow.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our most consistent mid this season. Also runs hardest both ways my a mile.

Plays a hard running outside game but tough as nails

I think he'll leave us though unfortunately.

Edit: Just saw in his presser he wants to stay! Good news!

Last edited:
Huge fan of Matt.
A great example of a player taking criticism and working hard to improve on their weaknesses.
Gaff for one could learn a great deal from Rosa.

I've been a Rosa critic in the past due to things like poor efficiency with disposal and lack of hardness but he has trumped me in 2014 and I couldn't be happier either (unless he leaves us than he becomes a traitor S.O.A.B :D)

Gives us a lot of run on the outside but has built his body to be effective inside also. Congratulations on the life membership Rosa and hopefully you'll still be with us in 2015 otherwise it's a bigger loss than previously expected.

Great effort from the boy from Warracknabeal.
His brother Simon was on Carlton's list for awhile.
Had an inkling that's where he might go.
Good to see today's announcement about wanting to be a one team player.
Another Victorian country boy to stay put.

Bloody hell, why does he want to stay, the fact the he's having a career best season and racked up 37 touches means we could get a second round compensation for him, please don't stay. Can someone threaten him to leave Perth and return to a Victorian based club, i'd really prefer the compensation than a rose, Rosa, what can't of name is Rosa, i mean geez, i thought Dick was bad but Rosa is just terrible i mean who names their son Rosa.

Bloody hell, why does he want to stay, the fact the he's having a career best season and racked up 37 touches means we could get a second round compensation for him, please don't stay. Can someone threaten him to leave Perth and return to a Victorian based club, i'd really prefer the compensation than a rose, Rosa, what can't of name is Rosa, i mean geez, i thought Dick was bad but Rosa is just terrible i mean who names their son Rosa.

You ... are just an idiot. Idiot. Idiot idiot idiot.

I can see the humour but for your interest Rosa is Italian for Rose.
I don't for a moment think that you would call Bob Rose or Dennis Lillee a flower or soft or whatever.
You might not believe it but he has a brother also named Rosa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Matt Rosa - life membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back