Prog Rocker

BigFooty Member
Apr 20, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat
Maybe nothing in this at all but Mark Williams is coming to Melbourne this morning for a meeting.With who and what for? Mark would be a fantastic ESSENDON Coach!.......:D

Dont know if it is BS or not but some one BB posted that there will be a 10:00am press confrence at Essendon tommorow.anyone know or confirm this?

The Essendon Footy club will give Knighta a big one of these?

‎...................../´¯/)
...................,/¯../
................../..../
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\... ...

lol, jk :p

I'd love for him to be at Essendon in an assistant role for the meantime- I still have the tiniest bit of faith in Knights.

Choco would definitely bring a form of humour and a fresh face to the club, and it would be nice to see him do the whole "tie choke" thing with Essendon next year...

Choco did alright in his only season at essendon in 1992, from memory won the flag and blooded a stack of the 1993 side that won a flag, hird, mercuri, misiti, calthorpe, hills, olarenshaw etc..

That type of form says might be worth a look at, but there are obstacles which need removal first.

Mark Williams is on KG and the General today 3-5pm CST on AustraliaLiveTV.com. If you want to find out about his meeting or ask him any other questions you can click on the 'CONTACT US' banner when the show's LIVE.

What about Mark Williams coaching and Hirdy assisting for a few years then taking over Malthouse/Buckley style.

Im sure people have already thought of it but would it work??

Hirdy and Williams are good friends and Williams wanted Hirdy at Port last year i think to take over from him.

Choco did alright in his only season at essendon in 1992, from memory won the flag and blooded a stack of the 1993 side that won a flag, hird, mercuri, misiti, calthorpe, hills, olarenshaw etc..
Denis Pagan coached that 1992 Essendon reserve side to the premiership. Choco was assistant coach under Sheedy in 1995-96. He left about half-way through 1996 to become an assistant under John Cahill at Port Adelaide.

no mantis you troll,my thread never said to sack knights,just that if choco was coach he would be good....stop your rubbish and go back to
not logging on to bigfooty!!

wrong troll, you said if you get your wish, the bombers will sack knights & appoint williams, do you want me to drag up your post? Well, well, you edited your post so you don't look like a liar.:rolleyes:

originally posted by prog rocker
(before edit) maybe nothing in this at all but mark williams is coming to melbourne this morning for a meeting.with who and what for? I don't know...if it is what i wish it is,mark would be a fantastic essendon coach!.......:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hirdy and Williams are good friends and Williams wanted Hirdy at Port last year

They should do the same at Essendon :cool:

Williams (HC)
Hird (AC)

Mmmm....

Just noticed that I am 50 off being last in tipping considering I haven't done tipping since round 2 there must be 49 lazier people than me. I will now be tipping the opposite to what I believe in an effort to be the worst Pokemon trainer in all of Pallet Town.

Mark is outstanding senior coach - won a flag against the all conquering Brisbane Lions and took a team to a Grand Final in 2007 that had no right to be there based on talent and experience.

He won't be working as an assistant to an inferior coach like Knights.

Mark is outstanding senior coach - won a flag against the all conquering Brisbane Lions and took a team to a Grand Final in 2007 that had no right to be there based on talent and experience.

He won't be working as an assistant to an inferior coach like Knights.

He also losr a flag by 119 points.

They need to throw the kitchen sink to get him in any capacity. At least with him we know he is a super coach. Not some soft coward of a footballer who has a woeful coaching record even before he took on the Bomber job. Gotta love the staring at the umpires every 4 or 5 weeks like a tough guy.

Williams Keen on Laidley Role

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ean-laidley-role/story-e6frf9jf-1225891266822

"There's only a few jobs around but it is interesting that I've watched what Dean Laidley's done and how he's worked with me," Williams told the KG and the General website.

"That's been pretty interesting and I think it's been pretty successful, he's worked that in really well.
"I anticipate that there'll be more and more of those sorts of things helping younger coaches in the background.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ean-laidley-role/story-e6frf9jf-1225891266822

Don't know about you guys, but I reckon his enthusiasm and experience could do wonders for MK and Essendon. Please come to us in this capacity. :thumbsu:

All the Williams knockers keep bringing up his last 2 seasons. The board took away all his power. Couldn't appoint the captain he wanted, club in massive financial trouble, took a hefty pay cut, has publicly stated he thought the pre-season training was too hard for the players. He has basically coached with his hands tied behind his back. No 5 year plans and business talk, a passionate guy who has had good success with indigenous players.

Re: Williams Keen on Laidley Role

I think that would be seen as a destabilising move. Obvious replacement brought in to work as 2IC to someone under immense pressure to survive... Knights is no Malthouse, so it could hurt more than help, even if the theory is OK

Re: Williams Keen on Laidley Role

I think that would be seen as a destabilising move. Obvious replacement brought in to work as 2IC to someone under immense pressure to survive... Knights is no Malthouse, so it could hurt more than help, even if the theory is OK

When Laidley went to Port it was viewed the same way, yet when Laidley could have taken on Williams role he refused it, leaving it to Primus.

So while agreed it could be seen as destabilising, if it was fine internally by all it would be fantastic IMO.

What about Mark Williams coaching and Hirdy assisting for a few years then taking over Malthouse/Buckley style.

Im sure people have already thought of it but would it work??

Hirdy and Williams are good friends and Williams wanted Hirdy at Port last year i think to take over from him.

I think this is a strong possibility, David Evan's basically said if things don't improve in the next 7 or so weeks Knights is gone at the end of the year. With games against WCE, Nth Melb, St Kilda, Carlton, Collingwood, Brisbane, Bulldogs I can't seeing get much better. We probably could only win 2 at most so bye bye Knighta. Hello Chocco and Hirdy

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark "Choco" Williams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back