Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty funny the way Ben is being talked up by Essendon folk. He has been going okay, but only that. Statistically he is pretty much identical to his time at North except he has dropped in 1 vs 1 and intercept marking - which were his strengths.

All that’s left is for the chorus of “has this been Goldy’s best ever season?” to commence

Look he probably leaves anyway so it doesn't matter.

Simpkin has been poor this year and I've seen plenty.

The mail is that he’s staying. Zero chance that he leaves this year and more likely than not to extend.

Simpkin has been carrying a hand injury that kept him out of the midfield for most of the season. Doesn’t make him less of a leader.

Pretty funny the way Ben is being talked up by Essendon folk. He has been going okay, but only that. Statistically he is pretty much identical to his time at North except he has dropped in 1 vs 1 and intercept marking - which were his strengths.
Essendon needed a big backman bad, he has filled that hole for the side.

Essendon needed a big backman bad, he has filled that hole for the side.
Sure. And he is a capable player, as he was at North. However since he joined Essendon he is being talked up like he has suddenly come AA quality when he is not even close, and is performing no better than before.

Yet only one is in AA squad conversation, and it's not the one at North.

Comben has been good this year, make no mistake. But McKay has been much better.
He's having exactly the same season this year that he did last year. It was okay, good even but not AA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's having exactly the same season this year that he did last year. It was okay, good even but not AA.
Yes, and that's why he was listed as "under consideration" by the selectors.

But sure.

Sure. And he is a capable player, as he was at North. However since he joined Essendon he is being talked up like he has suddenly come AA quality when he is not even close, and is performing no better than before.
Stats are similar to last year. But he has gone from Zac Dawson to David Dench due to the jumper.

LDU could be on $1 million a year if he wanted.

North are gonna eventually be good, but does he want to wait another 3 years before he plays significant finals campaigns when he's 28?

LDU is perfect fit for Collingwood. Pendlebury and Sidebum are on their last legs and Collingwood proving with 6+ major injuries they aren't going to bottom out with 2x Daicos running around and while Moore, Maynard, De Goey and IQ still have 5+ years left.

He would be mad to leave this year

Give it 1 more year and see what happens at North then if no good then he is a free agent and get even better contract

I doubt North lets him leave anyway, if it’s Collingwood, they have absolutely nothing to offer at the trade table that could trump the compo in 2025.

There’s also the lifestyle factor. Not a lot going on in Tassie, if they like getting out and about in Melbourne, going back to Tassie where there’s not much going on won’t have the pull.

Iirc only North, Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood train in the city and Carlton just outside. I know where I’d want to be as someone in their 20’s on $500k + PA.
Good Points....

I have never Been to Tassie towns or Cities like Launceston or Hobart or Swansea or Burnie. Only 250,000 people live in Hobart. I mean there is 500-600,000 people living in Gold Coast but Its a city Part of the State of Queensland that has 5-6 million people.

It won't happen & the way things are going we might get pick 2 for him. having picks 1 & 2 would make things interesting.

But I do believe he will stay fwiw.
So You think LDU will stay and wont get traded out at the end of 2024?

So he will be a free agent at the end of 2025. Would you keep LDU after 2025 or will a top 5 pick as a compo for losing him be too much to turn down?

So You think LDU will stay and wont get traded out at the end of 2024?

So he will be a free agent at the end of 2025. Would you keep LDU after 2025 or will a top 5 pick as a compo for losing him be too much to turn down?
Yep I believe he will stay and while receiving a top 5 pick is great, it doesn't improve us any. LDU is worth more to us than another top draft pick.
It wouldn't be a great look if LDU departs.

LDU could be on $1 million a year if he wanted.

North are gonna eventually be good, but does he want to wait another 3 years before he plays significant finals campaigns when he's 28?

LDU is perfect fit for Collingwood. Pendlebury and Sidebum are on their last legs and Collingwood proving with 6+ major injuries they aren't going to bottom out with 2x Daicos running around and while Moore, Maynard, De Goey and IQ still have 5+ years left.

Moving to a 'good' side is not as easy as just moving team.

If he moves, then he MUST perform as no.1 player, he is expected to lead to finals success. Plus, we are most likely going to match any offer to force a trade meaning minimum 2 x first rounders plus 2nd.

If he is to leave, for our club, we probably will try to nudge him towards saints as they are bottom 4 material for a while and we can squeeze 2 x firsts meaning 2 lots of top 4 picks and not making saints too strong either.

Also, if he wants success, then he needs to go into a team that's right in the window and pies are not it.

Only syd carlton are in the window. He aint going to move interstate and carlton doesn't have the cap.

Some very interesting list calls for teams from 3rd to 14th coming in anticipation of the tasmanian entry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back