2nds Jez McLennan has signed with Port Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this move, "Jez McLennan won the Fos Williams Medal after being judged best afield for the SANFL. He also won the medal in the win earlier this year against the VFL and he finished with 25 possessions and eight marks."
If he gets a debut AFL game I'll draft him in my fantasy league (he doesn't exist in the database anymore)
Was a Gold Coast 1st round pick in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he turns out to be a gun, do we have first dibs like maybe mid season draft, or next year ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he turns out to be a gun, do we have first dibs like maybe mid season draft, or next year ?

If we are bottom of the ladder and have 1 player on the long term injury list come the mid-season draft then we would have first dibs.

No guarantees but we could ask him to back off a bit coming towards the mid-season draft if we decide to draft him then to put the opposition off. Not that we did that for Logan Evans of course.

If we are bottom of the ladder and have 1 player on the long term injury list come the mid-season draft then we would have first dibs.

Does a mid season retirement triggered by a LTI formally leave that player on the LTI list?

He played at Centrals in 2023 and 2024 and no one looked at him. It is unlikely we would be trampled in the rush to draft him.

“Playing for Port Adelaide is something I've been thinking about for a little while, and I'm excited that it's now becoming a reality," McLennan said.

“I still believe I've got what it takes to be on an AFL list again, and being involved with an AFL club will give me the best possible opportunity to put my best foot forward.

“Port Adelaide is a very accomplished club that has so much history behind it in the SANFL, so I can't wait to get started and hopefully help move the group forward next year.”

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Jez McLennan has signed with Port Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back