Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Neale deal seems to be the Domino that tumbles the lot. I think if u ask for 4 and a 2nd for Neale then you would have to hand over 4 and 11 for Hogan as he is worth more. However if you took 5 and a 3rd from Brisbane then I think you could argue 5 and a 2nd. May be worth your while to take less for Neale and try to hold onto 11.

Either way this is likely your last shot at Hogan, Players generally don't like being wooed and then the deal not getting done

It's all about perception though.

Did the Hawks get this kind of media scrutiny over the Jaeger deal? They were offering heaps less than what you guys wanted and eventually they upped it and got a deal done.

Were the Hawks seen as 'unreasonable" by the AFL (i.e. Vic) media?

I am still not sure what the big deal is. Just don’t accept the offer then. No idea why Melb supporters seem offended at it; just keep him. I would be relieved in a similar situation.

They need to do a trade to land May.

We know that too. We clearly need to up our offer though.

It's all about perception though.

Did the Hawks get this kind of media scrutiny over the Jaeger deal? They were offering heaps less than what you guys wanted and eventually they upped it and got a deal done.

Were the Hawks seen as 'unreasonable" by the AFL (i.e. Vic) media?
I think you know the answer to that

They need to do a trade to land May.

We know that too. We clearly need to up our offer though.
We don’t need to get May.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole we can get him next year that comes from posters (and this goes for Freo with Hogan & Melbourne with May) is bullshit IMO.

If you want the player, they want to come to you, it is encumbent upon a professional organisation to get it done. A lot can change in a year. I also can’t imagine that saying “sorry we couldn’t get a deal done, same time next year?” would go down well with a player, his manager or the industry as a whole.

The reality is that Freo can't offer picks they don't have. They also can't trade their future first at the moment because they traded their future 3rd.

Until the Lachie Neale trade gets done, this is all bs. They don't currently own anything that will get it done. Once Freo get those picks for Neale then the real talk will start

The reality is that Freo can't offer picks they don't have. They also can't trade their future first at the moment because they traded their future 3rd.

Until the Lachie Neale trade gets done, this is all bs. They don't currently own anything that will get it done. Once Freo get those picks for Neale then the real talk will start

What is holding up that deal?

Agree if Freo keep fat arsing around id rather keep him and work with GC to get Special K.

We can get May next year.

Fat arsing?

If Treloar is worth two firsts, if an older Gibbs is worth two firsts, if Jaeger is worth equivalent to pick 4 what is Neale worth?

Brissy needs to get their act together as it's clear that we aren't doing a Hogan deal until Brissy offers us a 'reasonable' offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back