Speculation Jeremy McGovern [UFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Worpedo

Rookie
Aug 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could he be up for grabs?
Would suit a number of teams In premiership window (pies, blues, swans, dogs)
What is he worth?

Not going anywhere.

Worth a decent first rounder, is still one of the top few defenders in the comp and should be AA this year

Leader of the club, would take an enormous offer to pry him away form the club he loves
I'd think so too, especially with barass looking to be on the move.
But he does make sense for clubs that miss out on barass to chase him. Similar to the lake situation maybe?
Could only seeing him maybe entertain the idea to chase another flag?

I'd think so too, especially with barass looking to be on the move.
But he does make sense for clubs that miss out on barass to chase him. Similar to the lake situation maybe?
Could only seeing him maybe entertain the idea to chase another flag?
Hes setup in WA. Has a plumbing business on the side too.

Hes well paid and comfortable over here, cant see it happening

Highly unlikely. West Coast would want a top 10 pick (at least) and do not need to do a salary cap dump so would stand their ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be 33 years old for round 1 next year with maybe 2025/26 left

teams would be crazy to consider to trade for him unless they are Sydney/Dogs at the pointy end of a premiership

But the best fit would be Sydney with eagles paying 50% salary and trade for pick #18

I'm not sure why people think these West Coast guys that have literally played their entire career at West Coast and are into their 30's would uproot their lives and move interstate for 1 or 2 years? I can't see it happening.

Off the top of my head Hodge, Mitchell, Petrie have all done it in recent seasons. There are probably others I've overlooked.

Not suggesting Gov will go anywhere, but it would hardly be unprecedented if he did decide to head interstate for the final year or two of his career.

EDIT: Birchall too.

Last edited:
"If he wanted to"

He wont want to, he bleeds blue and gold
Possibly not and the club wont push him out. Depends if he wants another chance at a premiership or he's happy living his life in Perth, regardless of team performance

Possibly not and the club wont push him out. Depends if he wants another chance at a premiership or he's happy living his life in Perth, regardless of team performance
Hes 33 at the start of next year, and hes got a plumbing business in Perth.

Its just not gonna happen, he doesnt seem like the type to chase success like that, he just loves the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jeremy McGovern [UFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back