Speculation Jack Martin [delisted, Fremantle and Geelong interested]

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Geelong/Fremantle recruit him, would Jack Martin be the first three club player in AFL history to have never been traded?

No because Sam menegola was delisted by hawks (technically delisted himself) and freo and then drafted by Geelong.

Hopefully Geelong pass on him

Will be very handy if we can get him fit

I know we did a medical with him about a week back and haven’t heard anything since? Just gettable saying he’s leaning to the Cats…

I imagine it comes down to does he want to go back to WA or is he happy to stay in Vic.
Both options would be good for him although I reckon he’d get more run with the Dockers than with the Cats.

With the Cats he’d be joining a team with close to the best forward line in the League and I have him at about our 9th selected forward? Basically that’s a spot as the sub at best or being an emergency.

Key Positions
  • Jezza
  • Neale

High Half Forwards and Small Forwards
  • Miers
  • Dempsey (Could push him to a wing though)
  • Stengle
  • Close
  • Mannagh

Third Tall Forward
- Ollie Henry

Basically Jack would slot into Gary Rohan’s role (he’s been delisted) as the backup third tall option as we lack depth there. Jack isn’t replacing any of the HHF or small forwards and he’s not a key position bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we did a medical with him about a week back and haven’t heard anything since? Just gettable saying he’s leaning to the Cats…

I imagine it comes down to does he want to go back to WA or is he happy to stay in Vic.
Both options would be good for him although I reckon he’d get more run with the Dockers than with the Cats.

With the Cats he’d be joining a team with close to the best forward line in the League and I have him at about our 9th selected forward? Basically that’s a spot as the sub at best or being an emergency.

Key Positions
  • Jezza
  • Neale

High Half Forwards and Small Forwards
  • Miers
  • Dempsey (Could push him to a wing though)
  • Stengle
  • Close
  • Mannagh

Third Tall Forward
- Ollie Henry

Basically Jack would slot into Gary Rohan’s role (he’s been delisted) as the backup third tall option as we lack depth there. Jack isn’t replacing any of the HHF or small forwards and he’s not a key position bloke.
Despite the fact he'd be closer to the best 22 at Freo compared to Geelong, I like him better as an option for your team than ours. We're plenty tall and have enough marking up there. Our Oliver Henry-like player, Sam Sturt, plays with 3 key fwds next to him. And the non-Switta players after that are often adept in the air but supbar in the pressure and ground ball departments. Most of what Jack Martin gives we don't need, and most of what we need (pressure, crumbing, speed, scoreboard threat from ground level) Jack Martin doesn't give.

Geelong have the guys to accommodate for a Jack Martin-type player, while we're a bottom tier fwd ground ball and pressure team despite Switta being elite in both aspects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Martin [delisted, Fremantle and Geelong interested]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back