Implementing effective strategies to compensate for our current defensive deficiencies

Best type of fish?

• Snapper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trout

• Salmon

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • King George Whiting

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Mackerel

• Bluefin Tuna

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Angler fish

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
G'day Port Adelaide fans and bigfooty forum users.

It's now time to have a serious discussion about our defensive capabilites after suffering a disastrous start to the season on our tall defensive key position player stocks. McKenzie, Allir and Clurey, listed respectively in alphabetical order, have all gone down with injury and we now find ourselves wondering what we can do to mitigate the damage.

Mum, dad and I spoke at length last night after the match over a pot of tea (well my mum and dad had tea, I had a can of Pepsi) to try and brainstorm some strategies for Ken and the team and we reckon we've come up with some good ideas.

We were thinking, and bear with me here for a moment - what if we don't replace them?
Now this doesn't mean what you probably think it means. Of course, we have to replace the players with another player. It's more about the type of player.

Now Sam Skinnery (I know it's Skinner, but our family has a nickname for him which is Skinner) will probably come in and fill a role of Aliir² (a clever play on words of Aliir Aliir)

This seems like an obvious like for like. But for Mckenzie, why don't we bring in a small player? Get some more run in the side?

Jonasy and Skinnery can deal with the talls, if need be Jonas can double team a couple of opposition players, get Skinner in over the top to provide the aerial competitive rebounding smash fists to open space and get our smaller runners to swoop in, get the ball, run it forward and hit up a penetrative forward offensive thrust pass to the chest of a Georgiades or a Finlayson and get them to slot it through for some snags.

What do we think about this? Dad's gonna have a chat with his friends at the biscuit factory he's a manager at (recent promotion) tomorrow over some lunch and get a think tank going to expand on some of the ideas we've come up with already. I reckon this is a good idea because to work at the biscuit factory you have to have good organisation skills (sorting the biscuits in to the appropriate packaging) which might translate to organising an AFL defensive set up.

Interested to hear some of your ideas too.

Oh and the poll is unrelated to Port Adelaide, but I was talking about fish with my uncle and auntie on Friday and we were trying to figure out the best fish so wanted some outside input. You don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

King George Whiting is the blandest fish out there. It's the fish you have when you don't like the taste of fish.

Needs more Tommy Ruffs, Garfish, and Flathead.

We should place a proximity mine ala Goldeneye 007 inside our defensive 50 so the opposition have to kick all of their goals from outside 50.

We would also get a lot of 6-6-6 free kicks out of this strategy.

We should place a proximity mine ala Goldeneye 007 inside our defensive 50 so the opposition have to kick all of their goals from outside 50.

We would also get a lot of 6-6-6 free kicks out of this strategy.
Ken would salivate at the chance to play Oddjob as our KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Implementing effective strategies to compensate for our current defensive deficiencies

Back