Debutant
Jun 20, 2006
I wish i lived @ Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Ham United
Round 16: Back To the Eighties

Why in gods name are we playing Brisbane?? We should play Essendon or Carlton. Most of the games in Heritage Round dont even make sense.

Essendon and Carlton is the only game which makes sense for the eighties

haydnoconnor said:
Essendon and Carlton is the only game which makes sense for the eighties
Not it doesn't, because as you said before we were the biggest rivalry in the 1980's!

Never mind, I'll have to venture out to the GABBA and watch us thump the Bears, on the plus side it gives me a bit of ammunition at the turnstiles ;)

I think rivalry round is for the old timey angst.
Heritage round is more to reflect on your own club's history within itself more than it's fierce opposition to other clubs.
Time to celebrate our proud history among ourselves.

hyperswivel said:
I think rivalry round is for the old timey angst.
Heritage round is more to reflect on your own club's history within itself more than it's fierce opposition to other clubs.
Time to celebrate our proud history among ourselves.
So can I still bring my banner;

Hawthorn vs the Bears

[insert win/loss]
[inset grand finals]
[insert premierships]
[insert Norm Smiths]
[insert Brownlows]

There is so much more brown and gold in our history rather than that plurry stupid looking red, white and blue thing our team wore last year. I hope the guernsey we are to wear at the Gabba will be brown and gold.

I'm catching a flight from Darwin so I hope history doesn't repeat itself when I went home to watch the thrashing Brisbane gave us at Carrara :mad: .

Gary Shadforth said:
There is so much more brown and gold in our history rather than that plurry stupid looking red, white and blue thing our team wore last year. I hope the guernsey we are to wear at the Gabba will be brown and gold.

I'm catching a flight from Darwin so I hope history doesn't repeat itself when I went home to watch the thrashing Brisbane gave us at Carrara :mad: .

Depends what game style we decide to play on the day Gary. Reactive/Retractive or towards the sicks.

Today will give us some indication of what was learnt from last week.

Ok, I'm off to the G.

Go Hawks!

Gary Shadforth said:

Gary never fear, this is the jumper we will be wearing.

http://shop.afl.com.au/hawks/produc...g&category_name=NEW+PRODUCTS&product_id=1805b

Except for the sponsor label, it looks very 1980-1996'sh

Thanks, Hawkk. Looks good and brings back memories.

002HawksHeritageGuernseu2006.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heritage Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back