Resource Guide to Simonds Stadium and Geelong (last updated 2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers all for the replies guys, lord of the isles sounds like a good start, also just looking at the V Line timetable and it seems trains back to Melbourne finish before the game would likely be done, do they put in extra trains after the game or would we be needing to organise something else to get back?
There are footy trains that aren't on the normal timetable. Someone here will have it.

It was in paper and maybe even on the radio as it changed days before our first round match.

The only section changed at the moment is Verner St between Moorabool and Yarra Streets. That area is now 2P from 7am to 11pm - and according to the council it was at the request of businesses, especially the movie theatre there (The Pivotonian)...ummm, I'm sure a movie theatre is thrilled at the idea of two hour parking for their customers when most movies run over two hours long, and their owner has said as much that they weren't involved in any request for changes.

Apparently it's more likely to have come from residents who are annoyed at train passengers parking all day around in that street - just really suspicious timing being down before our first night match and not say the start of the year.

I park near the station all day for work and there's still plenty of spaces that don't have those restrictions on them

Ah ha. That's fine then- I park in Carr St. And if that's full I just chuck a left and park at the Primary school. Cannot be ****ed looking for parking around that area, free or otherwise. The school is a pretty good spot anyway, still close and easy enough to get out of.

That is so ****ing dumb re. the cinema parking. Real Einstein who thought that up, 2 hour parking limit near a cinema, lol.

Wha??? Everywhere around the ground, like..... the street right near South Geelong Station aka where I park..

And how the **** do you know this anyway, you're in LA :p
I have SPIES everywhere .... :p:p:p

GO Catters

Cheers all for the replies guys, lord of the isles sounds like a good start, also just looking at the V Line timetable and it seems trains back to Melbourne finish before the game would likely be done, do they put in extra trains after the game or would we be needing to organise something else to get back?
A former Speaker recommends this alternative transport
external

A former Speaker recommends this alternative transport
external

Or maybe just give Brian Peake a call for tips about catching a helicopter to KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back