All Australian
Jun 2, 2001
glasgow scotland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
From the herald sun feedback section. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment: Its a long time now since Brisbane have had priority draft picks. Yet during their lean spell circa 1998-2000 Collingwood had plenty. So why did the young Lions (the lesser picks from that period if you like) contribute so positively to yet another mauling of the Pies this weekend? The answer has little to do with salary cap and everything else that Eddie and Mick have bleated about. It has little to do with the "superb" Lexus centre facilities. Lexus - now there's a car consistent with Collingwood's blue collar heritage eh Eddie? Nor does it have anything to do with any god given right to play blockbusters to swell the coffers (as non fashionable clubs struggle to find sponsors) while at the same time calling for level playing fields. Finally it has nothing to do with playing all but 4 games in Victoria each year, yet being able to play in Dubai to suit a sponsor.All of these things show just how far off the mark Collingwood really is. Eddie is creating a showpiece, but in their halcyon days the Hawthorn of the 70-80's were never that. Neither is Brisbane now. While Eddie makes his 'statement' Brisbane have created a culture that no one at Collingwood understands. Brisbane's culture is about winning and doing the things that are required to win. Last night Lions players were attacking the ball harder with two minutes left on the clock than Collingwood attacked it all night. That's why the younger players have stood up so well. Lets face it Collingwood's grand final record is 2 wins, 1 draw and fourteen losses from its past 17 attempts. Collingwood talks about its great tradition - but for the past 50 years its tradition has been one of falling short when it matters. Eddie's solution, it seems, is to make statements. Well here's the million dollar question Eddie. Why are the Lions so damn good. A - The Salary Cap plus the fact that they are allowed to have eighteen players on the field at any given time gives them an unfair advantage. B - The umpires are at fault (eg the 2-1 free kick ratio in Collingwood's favour during the mauling this weekend should have been 3-1) C- The Lions 10 away games each year including 2 road trips to both Adelaide and Perth gives them an unfair advantage compared to Collingwood's 4. D- They have a winning culture that Collingwood doesn't understand because it keeps using its marketing power to paper over the cracks. Now Eddie, you can ask the audience. (The majority said D) You can call a friend (but both Andrew Demetriou and Adrian Anderson admitted they had no clues - no surprises there I suppose)). You can have a 50/50 (we've actually given you a 75/25 and the answer is D). Yet something, a certain something, tells me that you will be forever walking home without the trophy. A winning (as distinct from whinging culture) is something that you don't, and will never get!!

gee whiz, what a statement of pure genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! funny how a month ago such an article would have seemed ridiculous, but all of a sudden the bandwagon's full again........

excellent!! 2 da point so up ur's collingwod!
eddie, lethal is not the same as u, arrogant, b*&*&*, and/or stuck up loser!
u suck collingwood

just saying what is saldy tru.

lions_rock said:
excellent!! 2 da point so up ur's collingwod!
u suck collingwood

just saying what is saldy tru.

hahahahahahahahahaha, im sure if eddie read that statement he'd be truly and honeslty shaken by your wit and clever use of the english language :confused:

pocketrocket#24 said:
hahahahahahahahahaha, im sure if eddie read that statement he'd be truly and honeslty shaken by your wit and clever use of the english language :confused:

Glad you're looking at things honeslty. :D

Although I agree - I'd like to be able to read a post in under 5 minutes. This isn't SMS lions_rock, you don't need to watch the amount of characters you use.

pedrothelioness said:
It never went away, even when we were losing we werent picking apart our team or players.
Actually back in about Round 5 the players were getting really picked apart by a lot of the posters here. I really copped a bashing with my "have a little faith in them, they'll turn around, there's a lot of rookies with little game experience mucking up the mix" statements. It's amazing how much can change in a few months :p

lions_rock said:
Too true, Eddie the Collingwood president and Lethal is Brisbanes head coach, definately different job catagories :cool:

Thank God for Brisbane. May you continue to humiliate Collingwood on the field for many years to come. I only wish you could have won last year's flag so that you could have erased yet another sad old Collingwood relic from the record books. Your side is the best side I've ever had the pleasure of watching, and the game is as popular as ever, despite Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton occupying bottom 4 places. Your side almost give Victorian non-Collingwood supporters as much joy as you receive yourselves.

Beautifully succint and accurate passage by Victor Markin.

About the only thing he left out, is the fact that Collingwood players also benefit financially from their "exposure" in the Melbourne media, particularly Eddie's blatantly biased "Collingwood" Show, masquerading as The "Footy Show.

Eddie and the Pies should try waking up to themselves instead of trying to drag everyone down to their level.

Since when has one priority pick been plenty and that was 2000.

Looks like Brisbane win again. :D

The Victor Markin article is spot on. According to Collingwood their failure is always somebody else's fault. It is about time Eddie and Mick had a good long look in the mirror.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

negativity breeds a negative mind set.

If you are always given an excuse for something, then you never take responsibility for it.The players are feed this rubbish week in week out by Eddie and Malthouse,not since the game has anyone questioned Malthouse or Eddie on their shameful game.The media are too scared to cross these guys.Oh well its better for the rest of us teams.

I was told that the Pies thought they have the wood on us, that we are having a bad season and they would win.You haev to try 1st guys.

I hope this isn't the same mindset as the Lions players and coaching staff talking up the same prospects against West Coast this week? We've been their bitch for a long time and all of a sudden there's this confidence around the place! :rolleyes:

Erm - guys the lions belted us from pillar to post on saturday night.
I'm reading this thread about how much of a bunch of whinning sooky lala's the pies are yet theres a whole lot of whinning coming from the lions supporters?????
We haven't made any excuses about why we were beaten - just enjoy the win guys. You'd think you guys had just lost.
And just to clarify something theres 10 teams in melbourne and 1 in brisbane so its just logic you're gonna travel more. Or would you like the pies to play the dons at the Gabba?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Great advice for The pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back