Remove this Banner Ad

Natasha Ryan found dead on a qld golf course

Anybody pushing back against deporting this trash should be named and shamed. Mistakes were made, that can be addressed later, let's just get it done now.

Immigration Minister Andrew Giles tries again to deport offenders with Australian ties, as pressure mounts on his job​

• Immigration Minister Andrew Giles is reviewing the cases of up to 30 non-citizens deemed of poor character, whose deportations were blocked by a tribunal because they had significant ties to Australia
  • Mr Giles has come under pressure from the Coalition because a directive he gave in 2023 was used by the non-citizens to secure their stay
  • The Department of Home Affairs is again at Senate estimates today after it yesterday admitted it had not briefed Mr Giles on the tribunal's decisions

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-29/giles-tries-again-to-deport-offenders/103906100
Well done to Giles and all involved. Credit where credit's due.

Andrew Giles issues replacement to 'direction 99' which he says prioritises community safety

• Andrew Giles has replaced "direction 99", which drew political fire after about 30 non-citizens used it to escape deportation.
  • The new direction 110 lists community safety as the "highest" priority and amends language about connections to Australia.
  • Mr Giles has re-cancelled the visas of 35 non-citizens whose cancellations were overturned under direction 99.
Immigration Minister Andrew Giles has issued a new directive he says will make it "clearer" that non-citizens with a history of family or sexual violence should be deported, even if they have lived most of their lives in Australia.

The directive replaces Mr Giles's controversial "direction 99", which drew political fire after it emerged that it had been used by several people with criminal records to escape deportation.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-07/giles-issues-new-ministerial-direction/103949446

I don't give a rat's derriere about an agreement Albo made with a former Unzud PM if it means our community will be safer.

Well done to Giles and all involved. Credit where credit's due.

Andrew Giles issues replacement to 'direction 99' which he says prioritises community safety

• Andrew Giles has replaced "direction 99", which drew political fire after about 30 non-citizens used it to escape deportation.
  • The new direction 110 lists community safety as the "highest" priority and amends language about connections to Australia.
  • Mr Giles has re-cancelled the visas of 35 non-citizens whose cancellations were overturned under direction 99.
Immigration Minister Andrew Giles has issued a new directive he says will make it "clearer" that non-citizens with a history of family or sexual violence should be deported, even if they have lived most of their lives in Australia.

The directive replaces Mr Giles's controversial "direction 99", which drew political fire after it emerged that it had been used by several people with criminal records to escape deportation.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-07/giles-issues-new-ministerial-direction/103949446

I don't give a rat's derriere about an agreement Albo made with a former Unzud PM if it means our community will be safer.
It's a step forward but still pretty weak. Government needs to move forward with our laws and UN to remove all rights of appeal against deportation for repeat or violent foreign criminals

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at the photos it’s treacherous but only one path he could follow? Not sure how he could get lost?

And if he had a medical episode then you think he would be found on the path?

Crime is apparently almost non existent.

I don’t know the man personally, he seems a cheery grounded fellow. But I suppose it’s possible he was depressed over something and wanted time on his own.

I hope they find him safe and sound but it doesn’t look good.

This article from 2019 is worrying. He blacked out after swimming in cold water.

Last edited:
Thread for Michael Mosley here:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many more trials are reasonable?

Reminds me of (in my view the best true crime podcast ever), In The Dark (Season 2) where a man named Curtis Flowers was retried 6 times (and it could have kept going in perpetuity).

That's about where the similarities between Flowers and Hayne ends though...

NSW Police media conference this morning, including pleas from the brother of the deceased 59yo Manly surfer Guy Haymes, calling for information to help solve this suspicious Feb 2024 death, inside a Pittwater Road Apartment in Manly.

Reminds me of (in my view the best true crime podcast ever), In The Dark (Season 2) where a man named Curtis Flowers was retried 6 times (and it could have kept going in perpetuity).

That's about where the similarities between Flowers and Hayne ends though...
Love that podcast, top time all 3 for me

NSW Police media conference this morning, including pleas from the brother of the deceased 59yo Manly surfer Guy Haymes, calling for information to help solve this suspicious Feb 2024 death, inside a Pittwater Road Apartment in Manly.

Someone has been arrested & charged with Murder over this one. Faces court today.

“An inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of a teenage boy has been rocked by a shock new theory that he may have been kidnapped by bikies.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Current General Crime Chat: disturbing killers, other crimes and miscellaneous stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back