Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
I don't believe that.

One side started in the competition from the start, and gave the population no time to support any other side.

The other joined in 1988, when the population supported other teams.
I don't think the Newcastle NRL population would be anywhere near 95% Knights supporters. Unlike Geelongs.
How well supported is West Coast?
Can't possibly have a parochial fan base..

Don't remind me about 2011.

Another Geelong-Sydney Grand Final or Geelong-GWS grand final is a sure bet now with the Cats running away and winning it easily is more than likely.

Disaster for fans around the country. Will put on and enjoy 2023 on grand final day.

Their home ground is a disadvantage for everyone else.
If anything, teams that play at GMHBA should be furious Collingwood don't.

Pendlebury playing 400 games and not setting foot inside Kardinia Park is a travesty for the integrity of the game.

If anything, teams that play at GMHBA should be furious Collingwood don't.

Pendlebury playing 400 games and not setting foot inside Kardinia Park is a travesty for the integrity of the game.

Gotta hand it to Collingwood, they know how to treat their champions. But the rest of us are happy to take one for the team and play there.

Geelong are the only club that get to play games on their training ground... it's a huge leg up over the Melbourne based clubs, as none of us are able to play on our training grounds. We all have to play at MCG and Docklands stadiums! No one gets to train on those grounds!!

Cost of living is significantly higher in Melbourne.. compared to Geelong, so please explain how Geelong are at a disadvantage?? The league is already the GFL thanks to your cheerleaders in the media... and Gerard Whateley is the worst of them!

Yes yes we know. Huddo and Gerard get things done whereas Ralphy and Caro from poor old Richmond have no say. We know there is no real estate market in Melbourne, we know that nobody wants to live there despite 5 million people choosing to live there. And we know that professional footballers get a huge advantage from training where they play and can’t adapt to playing anywhere else, as an evidenced by our own dire record of only winning almost two thirds of our games away from where we train over the last 17 years.
We know.

how is Geelong playing and training at their home ground different to any other non Melbourne club?

Most of them share the home ground.

I think it’s just, Giants, Lions, Suns that don’t. I could be wrong though.

But on top of that you guys have the benefit of only taking a drive to the MCG.

Geographically Geelong have the biggest leg up of any team during the H&A season.

Most of them share the home ground.

I think it’s just, Giants, Lions, Suns that don’t. I could be wrong though.

But on top of that you guys have the benefit of only taking a drive to the MCG.

Geographically Geelong have the biggest leg up of any team during the H&A season.

that's smart business by Geelong. remember prior to the turn of the century when the AFL was consolidating grounds, Geelong were offered tenancy at Docklands, and being almost broke and out of business at the time the financial offer would have been very tempting. but they decided not to and opted to develop their own ground and remain based as a team in Geelong - which btw is not part of Melbourne. it was a very smart business decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, AFL equalisation , injuries and umpiring have cruelled us.
Great comp AFL.
What a whinger! It’s a conspiracy isn’t it?

Tigers have clearly exploited equalisation and in a premiership year.

No and there’s no industry there either that could rival the power that is cotton on…. Seriously does anyone actually put any thought into this conspiracy theory at all
There's no conspiracy theory. Costa looked after players and Cotton On love their ambassadors.

There's no conspiracy theory. Costa looked after players and Cotton On love their ambassadors.

who? Who did he look after? We keep hearing this, as of what, two years ago. But who? Who got these magnificent land packages? Tom Hawkins? The kid raised on a farm, lives on a fairly small farm. Wow… something fishy going on there.

Jeremy Cameron who we forked out a fortune for…. He too lives on a small farm.

Rhys Stanley lives on a small farm.

These aren’t men living on cattle stations mate.

I grew up on a farm - in much more fertile land than where they live. I know what they’re worth. They won’t need to be gifted a farm under the table (and Rhys Stanley, seriously? This is who we are paying under the table??? F**ken hell)

I’ll say it one last time for those who can’t understand it: Melbourne has a real estate market as well, with house and property worth every bit as much as what Geelong has. The clubs there have no less access to offer sweeteners than what we do. Yet 2-3 years ago suddenly someone decided ‘yep, that’s the reason that players from there move there.’

who? Who did he look after? We keep hearing this, as of what, two years ago. But who? Who got these magnificent land packages? Tom Hawkins? The kid raised on a farm, lives on a fairly small farm. Wow… something fishy going on there.

Jeremy Cameron who we forked out a fortune for…. He too lives on a small farm.

Rhys Stanley lives on a small farm.

These aren’t men living on cattle stations mate.

I grew up on a farm - in much more fertile land than where they live. I know what they’re worth. They won’t need to be gifted a farm under the table (and Rhys Stanley, seriously? This is who we are paying under the table??? F**ken hell)

I’ll say it one last time for those who can’t understand it: Melbourne has a real estate market as well, with house and property worth every bit as much as what Geelong has. The clubs there have no less access to offer sweeteners than what we do. Yet 2-3 years ago suddenly someone decided ‘yep, that’s the reason that players from there move there.’
We gave Stanley a bigger farm than Cameron if you can believe it!

The conspiracy is Geelong telling local juniors to tank their performances with a proviso they will be drafted.
Prove it. I bet you tell everyone man never walked on the moon, or it was George Bush who orchestrated 9/11.

If there was an iota of truth in a claim that Geelong was telling local juniors to tank their performances with a proviso they will be drafted wouldn't you think (a) journalists would be onto it, or are they part of the conspiracy; and (b) players like Dangerfield, Bruhn, Higgins, Dahlhaus etc would not have been drafted by other clubs ion the first instance?

You are just immensely jealous that Geelong recruiters have been able to consistently pluck gems at the back end of the draft, e.g, Humphries, Mannagh, Podsiadly, Stewart.

There is always an easy side of the finals ladder, looks like Geelong are getting the ride this year.

Yeah see I reckon that’s true, because we have to go:

- beat the in form top 4 side inter state who has won the last two QF’s against us there

- beat probably GWS who is the one team who NEVER has an issue beating us in Victoria

- then we have to beat one of the sides from the ‘non-easy’ side of the draw anyway

It’s definitely an easier ride than the other way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back