Geelong vs Hawthorn Grand Final - other teams making up the numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Audacious

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
To the other 6 teams in the finals: enjoy the experience for 3 weeks max. Hawks and Geelong to square off in the grand final that will be a worthy spectacle for all neutral AFL fans.

Cant remember the last time the top 2 were so much better than the rest of the competition.

For the record - Go the Hawks:thumbsu:

If the saints come up against the hawks it will be geelong verse saints n the big 1.saints match the hawks very well. also beat them earlier in the year

The Kangaroos won't make it.

If they win, they'll be playing the Western Bulldogs (I wonder what the crowd for that match will be), and if they win that, they'll be spanked by the Cats in the Prelim.

St.Kilda - on a good day - can topple the Hawks, but the 2 weeks rest will prove to be the difference if the Saints make it that far.

If Collingwood or Adelaide make it to the Prelim, they'll both get spanked by the Hawks.

Geel - Haw GF, can't see it any other way. It'll be a great grand final, the first time two Vics have played in a GF since Ess - Melb in 2000 (which was a pretty average encounter).

Hawthorn have regained their earlier season form and a primed for this years final series, Geelong are the form team of the competition and without a doubt will be there to defend their premiership.

It's going to be a cracking Grand Final, Saints & Kangaroo fans might feel like its all premature but Hawks and Cats will be the 2008 Grand Finalists.

I am actually excited to see what happens as a neutral supporter. :thumbsu:

To the other 6 teams in the finals: enjoy the experience for 3 weeks max. Hawks and Geelong to square off in the grand final that will be a worthy spectacle for all neutral AFL fans.

Cant remember the last time the top 2 were so much better than the rest of the competition.

For the record - Go the Hawks:thumbsu:

Agree Cats v Hawks GF.

Hawks good chance to win it too.

If the saints come up against the hawks it will be geelong verse saints n the big 1.saints match the hawks very well. also beat them earlier in the year

The Hawks won't relax again after half time when holding a 34 point lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints havent hit top form yet boys theyre working towards it if it happens id love to c ur reactions.goddard and gram runnin threw the mids is the best idea lyon has had threw his coaching career:)

The Kangaroos won't make it.

If they win, they'll be playing the Western Bulldogs (I wonder what the crowd for that match will be), and if they win that, they'll be spanked by the Cats in the Prelim.

St.Kilda - on a good day - can topple the Hawks, but the 2 weeks rest will prove to be the difference if the Saints make it that far.

If Collingwood or Adelaide make it to the Prelim, they'll both get spanked by the Hawks.

Geel - Haw GF, can't see it any other way. It'll be a great grand final, the first time two Vics have played in a GF since Ess - Melb in 2000 (which was a pretty average encounter).
Saints on a good day did u not watch us beat them earlier in the year??
hudghton got into buddys head and beat him kept him to 3 goals everytime the ball come near them buddy just wanted to wrestle.

If St. Kilda or the Kangaroos had a good day against the Hawks and the Hawks also had a good day then Hawthorn would probably still beat them comfortably by 10 goals.

saints and north have both beaten hawks this yr
anyones a chance on their day

but i agree
id love nothing more than to see a hawks-cats GF
(assuming my roos cant make it, which i fear they cant)

Saints havent hit top form yet boys theyre working towards it if it happens id love to c ur reactions.goddard and gram runnin threw the mids is the best idea lyon has had threw his coaching career:)
not going to strike fear into the heart of Hawks supporters who have Buddy, Roughhead, Rioli, Mitchell, Hodge..... i could go on forever.

Three points

1/ That the Dogs have now lost 6 of their last 8 games and so are hardly in good form (not knocking the Hawks tonight though as they did what they needed to do)

2/ That if the Saints do happen to play the Hawks that one of the keys is having a player that can limit Buddy's effectiveness. Max H is such a backman. He hasa superb record at controlling key forwards this year including Buddy.

3/ The Hawks backline is also vunerable against good tall forwards and the Dogs have none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs Hawthorn Grand Final - other teams making up the numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back