footydraft.com update

Remove this Banner Ad

footyman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A bit of an update based on the father son annoucement of Neagle and I'm fairly sure Tuck will be taken as well, the TAC Grand Final, Draft Camp and a few tapes I have watched during the week.

Will get a much better idea after trade week which clubs are going to be active and who won't and what they need.

A couple more WA profiles added as well by Linga for Oakley-Nicholls and Riggio.

www.footydraft.com

footyman said:
A bit of an update based on the father son annoucement of Neagle and I'm fairly sure Tuck will be taken as well, the TAC Grand Final, Draft Camp and a few tapes I have watched during the week.

Will get a much better idea after trade week which clubs are going to be active and who won't and what they need.

A couple more WA profiles added as well by Linga for Oakley-Nicholls and Riggio.

www.footydraft.com

mate theres quite a few where u havnt put their positions in
u should do that

Thanks for the update. Interesting that Warnock has dropped so far down the order. Did he have some poor results at the camp?

spanky ham said:
Thanks for the update. Interesting that Warnock has dropped so far down the order. Did he have some poor results at the camp?
Gotta add 20kg, too much of a gamble to go high up I think. 4-5 years is way too long.

footyman said:

www.footydraft.com

Thanks Footyman - I appreciate all the work you do to put footydraft.com together, it's a great site, esp. this time of year.

footyman said:

www.footydraft.com

you must have read my mind cos as you had it there were no midfielders in sight for essendons first pick so i thought jones should go at 7 cos essendon want a gun midfielder
nice work mate you put him in the right spot ;)

Swans 2005 Premiers said:
you must have read my mind cos as you had it there were no midfielders in sight for essendons first pick so i thought jones should go at 7 cos essendon want a gun midfielder

Is that right , dont be surprised if we draft a mobile tall with our first round pick. ;)

Swans 2005 Premiers said:
Sat at the Grand Final and drooled over his game, just like I did in the carnival. A few missed games with injuries worried me and I shuffled him down a bit (too far in hindsight going to 21) but he hit back with a bang last weekend in really. Gets a bit of cheap footy sort of running from behind the player with the footy but he's fit enough to cover the ground in a game to work into defence and push forward so depends how you look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest we wont know until AFTER the trading who is going to take what and where. Essendon could end up with 3 Top 10 picks, and go for a forward and a mid, St Kilda might trade away their first pick or Melbourne might get Whitnall and therefore not worry as much about getting a tall.

Until the end of next week its bloody guess who will get what and where.

footyman said:
Let's be honest we wont know until AFTER the trading who is going to take what and where. Essendon could end up with 3 Top 10 picks, and go for a forward and a mid, St Kilda might trade away their first pick or Melbourne might get Whitnall and therefore not worry as much about getting a tall.

Until the end of next week its bloody guess who will get what and where.

You can pencil in a mobile tall who can play in the backline withinin the first two rounds for us. Given we have picked up Monfries, Slattery,Stanton,Dyson and Nash in the last two drafts plus Lovett and Lovett- Murray who can play bit roles in the midfield there is no shortage of young midfielders to try. ;)
I would be very surprised if we played a huge role in trade week other than maybe getting Cole.If Richards is traded then a tall back will definately be picked up via the draft.

ant555 said:
You can pencil in a mobile tall who can play in the backline withinin the first two rounds for us. Given we have picked up Monfries, Slattery,Stanton,Dyson and Nash in the last two drafts plus Lovett and Lovett- Murray who can play bit roles in the midfield there is no shortage of young midfielders to try. ;)
I would be very surprised if we played a huge role in trade week other than maybe getting Cole.If Richards is traded then a tall back will definately be picked up via the draft.
You have a star called Henneman on the list don't forget or is he gone? What about the other start Bolton?

footyman said:
Gotta add 20kg, too much of a gamble to go high up I think. 4-5 years is way too long.

Can't argue with that. There seems to be some OK prospects from up north this year. Will you be adding Nate Roffey to Footydraft after his camp invite and good results in the sprint and vertical leap?

jonty12 said:
Thanks Footyman - I appreciate all the work you do to put footydraft.com together, it's a great site, esp. this time of year.
:thumbsu: Thanks, I needed that tonight. It is a very agitating task and a tough thing to do with so many "experts" who want to nit pick all the way through.

I do know one thing, the Top 50 that each AFL club had prior to the list three days will look a lot different now, so I think people do need to realise that sudden adjustments are quite normal. There would be blokes tonight who sit in some clubs Top 30 who might not have even been in their Top 50 four days go. Especially in this draft.

spanky ham said:
Can't argue with that. There seems to be some OK prospects from up north this year. Will you be adding Nate Roffey to Footydraft after his camp invite and good results in the sprint and vertical leap?
Will whack him down the bottom and get a profile done and see what we can find out about him in the next few weeks from people in the know.

footyman said:
Will whack him down the bottom and get a profile done and see what we can find out about him in the next few weeks from people in the know.

Thanks. As jonty12 said your work is very much appreciated.

Given Adelaide's prior history of selections at the draft table, their recent history with players seeking to return to their home State and the number of highly rated South Australians in this year's draft I do not believe they will select three picks all from other States. This is even more unlikely in a poor quality draft where pick 16 or higher might easily end up being the best player in the draft.

footyman said:
You have a star called Henneman on the list don't forget or is he gone? What about the other start Bolton?

Not quite sure what you mean with this ? I am saying we will draft a mobile tall with one of our first two picks and wont be hugely active in trade week and these two guys would back up my theory. Bolton is contracted for another year , he will no doubt be offered up again for trade but if he didnt attract interest last year then he wont this year.
Henno should be gone but he may end up staying if Richards is traded and Hunt or Zantuck are sent on their way.

Remove this Banner Ad

footydraft.com update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back