FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier: Australia v Uzbekistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2003
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
All discussion for the FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifying match between Australia & Uzbekistan may be posted in this thread. It will be stickied until next Wednesday.

BROADCAST DETAILS:

Wednesday 1 April 2009

LIVE - FOX SPORTS 1 - 7pm EDT, 6:30pm CDT, 6pm EST, 5pm WDT (Kick Off 8pm EDT)

We are so close the wait is killing me! I hope despite the many statement that it won't be a goalfest that we flog them and put us fans out of our misery.

who cares how many goals scored.....I dont even care if its 1-0 in the 90th min- I want us to qualify

We can worry about how we look afterwards - I am convinced Pim has got one gameplan for us to get there and one for when we are in South Africa

Im as toey as a Roman Sandal!!!!

I'm as nervous as a Frenchman whenever a war is mentioned.

Australia to win 1-0 or 2-0.

I don't care if it's ugly or attractive football, but I'm confident Pim and the boys will take the 3 points and send us to South Africa.

This time tomorrow, book your flights.

If anyone has my number (Sainter) and ruins the result for me, while I am at the Kaiser Chiefs concert (Sainter, you know which mutual friend we are talking about), there will be tears.

Kaiser Chiefs aren't on until 10.30, Hoggy. You can do both, unless you want to see Razorlight too (which I don't). Weak. :p

2-0. Super Scott McDonald to get his first in the green and gold. If Pim plays him, of course.

Uzbekistan were pretty impressive in their 4-0 thrasing of Qatar. It won;t be an easy game for Socceroos. I get the feeling Uzbeks will throw caution to the wind and look for the win here. With the bottom 3 teams in the group all level on 4 points, a win here would be worth 6 points for uzbeks and get them ahead of the chasing pack.

Kaiser Chiefs aren't on until 10.30, Hoggy. You can do both, unless you want to see Razorlight too (which I don't). Weak. :p

Really? Hmm...that also means I won't be getting home til late......no 8.30 lecture for me the next day!

A entertaining game for a change would be nice Pim. I cant believe Lucas Neill compared West Hams style of football with Australias. Like comparing a whale with a eagle.

Uzbekistan really are awful. Id be confident that Melbourne Victory would hand them their ass if given the chance. Australia should win 4 or 5-0 but given Pims boring tactics ill go for 1-0 at bes

Like comparing a whale with a eagle.

:D :D

but given Pims boring tactics ill go for 1-0 at best

One would have to think so.

Everyone behind the ball, a big hoof forward in the 85th - deflected away for a corner. Cahill header to win a totally undeserved match, after being completely played off the park for the entire game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think itll be Pims infamous 4-6-0

Schwarzer
Wilkshire Neill Moore Chipperfield
McDonald Cahill Valeri Culina Bresciano Kewell

and then for the last 10 minutes

Schwarzer
Garcia Bresciano Culina Kewell
McDonald Cahill

and then for the last 10 minutes

Schwarzer
Garcia Bresciano Culina Kewell
McDonald Cahill

Even for the last 10 minutes, 2 up front? :D

Yeah, right.

He wouldn't play 2 up front against a Traffic Cone XI.

It is absolutely pissing down like crazy in Sydney atm.

Will be a tight scrap tonight.

Go Socceroos!!

If other results go our way then we will... Bahrain & Qatar need to draw. If that happens and we win then we are through... to my understanding anyway

Hopefully we get through tonight and hopefully my pre-christining function finishes before Kick-off!

Ill take the most boring 1-0 result in the history of football if it means were through to the world cup again.

Remove this Banner Ad

FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier: Australia v Uzbekistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back