sheller891

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cavs, Pens
How can a FINALS game between two melbourne team, not be live on TV. It's a disgrace and I hope the A.F.L do something, to make sure it is live...
Was this the deal with Channel - 10? How come, all the other games are live?

Your thoughts?

why should everybody on the mountains be rewarded by getting the game live - vindicating thier decision not to go.

with melbourne involved live TV threatens to paralyze the crowd.

Ted Pellitts said:
why should everybody on the mountains be rewarded by getting the game live.

Leave the finals to those actually competing and focus all that negativity you harbour on another activity.

Maybe even come up with some new material for next season if it's not beyond you.

im sure if it was a sellout Channel 10 would show it live. But Channel 9 suck, i remember there was a game this year on friday night that was a sellout, but of course, Burkes backyard is an awesome show, and who would miss that for a stupid game of live football?

johnnyhoward said:
im sure if it was a sellout Channel 10 would show it live. But Channel 9 suck, i remember there was a game this year on friday night that was a sellout, but of course, Burkes backyard is an awesome show, and who would miss that for a stupid game of live football?

2 stkilda games this year have sold out and not been live

sheller891 said:
How can a FINALS game between two melbourne team, not be live on TV. It's a disgrace and I hope the A.F.L do something, to make sure it is live...

Your thoughts?

On Map 1 on your Melways you'll find the MCG. Jolimont and Richmond are the nearest stations.

johnnyhoward said:
Burkes backyard is an awesome show, and who would miss that for a stupid game of live football?

Burkes backyard is a ratings winner. Not everybody wants to watch football, and of those that do, 8:30 is a mor ecivilised time than 7:30 when many people are still getting home from work, feeding their families etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sheller891 said:
How come, all the other games are live?

The other games are all interstate, thus live into Melbourne as it's not telecast against the gate.

If the Melbourne supporters turn up, the game would be shown live.

Burke's Barkyard has the ability to actually paralise your brain with its dull and monotonous interviews and tips on gardening. It is not a ratings winner, rather a psychologicaly (sp.) effective tool, that lures the old who are too slow to change the channel and those sufferig the affects of puffing the magic dragon.

well maybe if your supporters would hurry up and get tickets it mght and well be a sell-out. if collingwood was playing melbourne i am sure that it would be sold out.

sheller891 said:

Your thoughts?
Oh shut up, its not sold out so it won't be shown live. Only 46,000 tickets have been sold.

Collingwood? they still going around?

its only melbourne this week so alot of essendon supporters r leaving it to the last minute to get tickets.

Thanks to my satellite...i'll be watching this game from the comfort of my living room :)

I really do feel for you all who have to watch the delayed telecast :D

sheller891 said:

Your thoughts?

If you were a real supporter you would go to the game rather than complain about it not being live on television.

Giuseepe said:
If you were a real supporter you would go to the game rather than complain about it not being live on television.

I'd love to go to the game, but I can't... I've already bought tickets and thier useless :mad: so I wanted to watch the game at least...

Remove this Banner Ad

ESSENDON v MELBOURNE - NOT LIVE ON TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back