Eagles, Bandwagonners and No Nothings

Remove this Banner Ad

Weagles fans were absolute shockers here last season. Thankfully a GF loss put them back in their boxes. Unfortunately then the Crows fans took over this season and took painful to a whole new level. They too have been put back in their boxes and we' haven't heard much. Must be Freo's turn next year, If I was a supporter of them Id reckon we have the best team in the comp though too

I think the original poster addressed the Bandwagoner notion in the conclusion regarding the term

I.E

And it wasn't a weak analogy, just because you are the first franchise in a market does not guarantee or mean that success is inevitable. That's a fairly basic business principal in a free market economy, i did mention however that it does help if you had read my initial post.

My opinion was in response to your post and was summarised with

Essentially agreeing with the conclusion that the

FELLOW SUPPORTER HAS RAISED

Bigfooty BTW or for that matter most forums is about debate. If you agree or disagree with a posters opinion in a thread you have every right to make a response.

It's not Dockerland after all.
I can't see how you feel justified in bagging Dockerland in this thread.
A lot of posts there are edited because they are un-insightful or lack clarity. Your posts for example would be deleted because are full of blatant contradictions. You did not answer the question in the the initial post. Your initial post was in response to my post not the thread starter. Why lie?

Now you are misrepresenting yourself?????????
How can you respond to a "conclusion raised" anyway???

The free market thing is ludicrous. You're saying that it was a free and competitive market when there was only one team in the market?????? "Success" in football/business terms is gaining a greater share of the consumer market. This was guaranteed by the Weagles monopoly

You are continuing to prove that the "no-nothing" Weagle stereotype has merit Bestbird. Trying to make a "clever" analogy is only making things worse.

The initial marketting and appeal for West Coast fans was that the WC were a WA franchise. This meant that they had an extensive supporter base (latent at times I admit). Are you arguing with this?

Later, when Freo came in the marketing focus and appeal for new supporters was based around West Coast being around for longer and having had more success. Are you arguing with this?

I refer to the Weagles marketing campaigns pre and post Dockers and you try to correct me by saying this?

The marketing focus was based on the heritage of the Fremantle region football wise and attracting a more blue collar clientel. Hence the term "Docker". As oppossed to your above inference.

Again your lack of reading comprehension skill is amazing. It's the second time in this thread that you have highlighted my post yet haven't even read it properly. Amazing!!!????

I can't see how you feel justified in bagging Dockerland in this thread.
A lot of posts there are edited because they are un-insightful or lack clarity. Your posts for example would be deleted because are full of blatant contradictions. You did not answer the question in the the initial post. Your initial post was in response to my post not the thread starter. Why lie?

Now you are misrepresenting yourself?????????
How can you respond to a "conclusion raised" anyway???

The free market thing is ludicrous. You're saying that it was a free and competitive market when there was only one team in the market?????? "Success" in football/business terms is gaining a greater share of the consumer market. This was guaranteed by the Weagles monopoly

You are continuing to prove that the "no-nothing" Weagle stereotype has merit Bestbird. Trying to make a "clever" analogy is only making things worse.

Talk about Contradictions and being incoherant ^

Lets just say we beg to differ

Yeah, we have a lot of idiotic supporters.

Freo fans have a massive chip, apparently we're condescending and don't give them enough respect. Poor darlings.

And a lot of other fans are annoyed that we talked up our team all year and we actually won, despite everyone saying we couldn't. Plus we have Judd on our team. ;)

To the original poster: Ask and you shall recieve;

This is exactly why. Because of idiots like this, who post crap like this, when someone else gives "constructive critism" about their football team.

Heres a bit of advice Quinzate, learn to take critism about your football team on board, it might make you fell better when the hangover begins in late March '07.

Until then, enjoy your summer:thumbsu:

Every team has bandwagon supporters, and lots of them.

The thing is, that you don't find out how many bandwagon supporters your club has until you've won a premiership, or look like winning a premiership.

For example, the dockers very rarely had a sell out home game until the end of the '06 season. Why was that??:rolleyes: Because they were winning (Not that I was happy with the fact).

The only teams that truly know their supporter base are the teams that lose more than they win.

Arguments about "bandwagon" supporters are mainly brought about by unsuccessful team's supporters.

BTW, if your team had the same 2 and a half years as what the Eagles have had wouldn't you be happy/cocky/positive/arrogant?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I refer to the Weagles marketing campaigns pre and post Dockers and you try to correct me by saying this?

Again your lack of reading comprehension skill is amazing. It's the second time in this thread that you have highlighted my post yet haven't even read it properly. Amazing!!!????

Actually it was probably your splitting of your point into two paragraphs that caused the confusion

As i thought that this

The initial marketting and appeal for West Coast fans was that the WC were a WA franchise. This meant that they had an extensive supporter base (latent at times I admit). Are you arguing with this?

Was referring to the WCE and it's inception

And this

Later, when Freo came in the marketing focus and appeal for new supporters was based around West Coast being around for longer and having had more success. Are you arguing with this?

Was referring to Freo and it's inception and finding there own niche in regards to new supporters

Actually it was probably your splitting of your point into two paragraphs that caused the confusion

As i thought that this

Was referring to the WCE and it's inception

And this

Was referring to Freo and it's inception and finding there own niche in regards to new supporters

No. No it wasn't. Both parts were about WC. I didn't mention Freo's marketing strategy in either. The second part was still about WC's strategy, after Freo came in.

You are one confused individual.

To the original poster: Ask and you shall recieve;

This is exactly why. Because of idiots like this, who post crap like this, when someone else gives "constructive critism" about their football team.

Heres a bit of advice Quinzate, learn to take critism about your football team on board, it might make you fell better when the hangover begins in late March '07.

Until then, enjoy your summer:thumbsu:
That post was a joke. You need to lighten up :thumbsu: ;)

********er :eek:

That post was a joke. You need to lighten up :thumbsu:

Gotta agree Quinzy, a lot of people here need to take some of this crap with a grain of salt.

And to echo a previous post you are one of the few of your mob who is half human.:thumbsu:

Ooohh, I feel all dirty. I'm going for a shower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i cant stand is a supporter ( as in WA ) who goes for the Eags one week and the Dockers the next.In WA we have what are called theater goers, or as Mark Knoppler says tourist. These are people who have never seen a WAFL game or any other grade. They only come along when where up. I suppose you could call them bandwaggoners.

What i cant stand is a supporter ( as in WA ) who goes for the Eags one week and the Dockers the next.In WA we have what are called theater goers, or as Mark Knoppler says tourist. These are people who have never seen a WAFL game or any other grade. They only come along when where up. I suppose you could call them bandwaggoners.

Incisive comment there Royaly.

But who the hell is Mark Knoppler??

I get the feeling I am not the only one who doesn't know who Mark Knoppler is mate.

So if you don't mind, tell me will you.

By the way I am an old bastard as well.;)
Sorry mate, i thought you were taking the ***s. Knoppler was the lead singer in the band called Dire Straits.

You've done it again bushie...........................it's Knopfler. :D

Bushie, the king of typo's. :p

Oh really???

Thanks for that.

I honestly never would have guessed:rolleyes:

I think that in the morning you are going to look very, very stupid.

Re-read the last page and a half of the thread son.

I think you might have missed something.

See Parksy the only thing the chook supporters here need to do is get a brain and go and see some footy somewhere else in the country (which I have by the way from SA to Vic, I haven't been to the SCG) then and only then will they understand how much fun the footy can be if you leave your crap attitude home...

Mate, I'm a West Aussie, living in Victoria, and I've been to the SCG to watch a Swans v Geelong match just because I love footy and was up in Sydney. Also been to plenty of games since I moved here NOT involving West Coast just to see good games.

Absolutely, some WCE supporters are peanuts, and yes, they haven't had the same 'exposure' to mixed crowds. But they aren't the only peanuts around the place. At the Sydney / Geelong game (2004) we had a group behind us who every time Sydney were given a free kick launched into a tirade about how the umpires were instructed to give Sydney a certain number of free kicks per game to ensure they were competitive. I turned around at one point to have a chuckle about what a ridiculous notion that was, only to find out that sadly, they were sober, and they were fair dinkum...they actualy believed the umpires gave Sydney extra free kicks at the instruction of the AFL and gave mne heaps for daring to suggest otherwise.....suffice when they abused me as a know nothing Sydney Johnny come lately, I didn't become any more popular when I corrected themn and told them who I did support!!

Every club has good supporters, every club has some peanuts.....

What makes me laugh is this assertion that ALL WCE supporters are this and that...I had this same argument with a bloke on a cycling forum...they refer to all drivers as 'cagers'. I'm a national sales rep and have to drive as part of my job, so I asked him at what point I went from being his mate as a fellow cyclist, to being an 'ignorant cager'. Same applies here, some of the very supporters who label ALL WCE supporters the same are probably Liverpool supporters, and will get onto a soccer forum, not disagree with me just for the sake of it, and in fact then claim that EVERY Mn Utd fan out there is a jerk, depsite the fact that many say Fremantle Dockers, or Sydney fans may also be in that group of people. Why can't we just take everyone on their merits, rather than this wide labelling.

I will argue / discuss all matters footy with Ripper or Roundhosue all day long...won't agree on a lot, but I'll take them at face value based on what they say. Pav for AA is a peanut....and I'd say the same if he was an Eagles fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles, Bandwagonners and No Nothings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back