List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need Keane and Battle, one of those is sufficient. Like to attract another high energy mid (the old version of Smith would be nice but???)

Personally I hope we look within and take Patrick Farrant as a marking forward and Cooper McDonald as a lockdown medium defender. Both those boys deserve a chance.

I'd let Kreuger go for Farrant and then probably Carmichael or Bytel for McDonald.
Given his ongoing struggle with concussion, Carmichael might be forced to retire.

He isn't, but the way he plays above his height is very Tim Membrey
Yeah I guess. Membrey looks much taller than he actually is. I was surprised by how long Farrant's legs look 😆 if he's got long arms & legs and can jump & mark & goal, who cares about about a few centimetres, hey.

Definitely got the cult figure look about him too. How I've longed to yell out T(F)ARRANT again.

I want JDG as a forward. Controversial but his year as a mid has been … uninspiring.

It’s hard to know if the groin and other issues have hurt his ability to get traction in other directions with his running.

Other clubs have certainly stopped letting him get as much transition ball throughout the early parts too.

I would certainly be splitting his time forward and in midfield. If teams don’t collapse back and press us, and give us a lot of room up forward I would leave him forward.

We don't need Keane and Battle, one of those is sufficient. Like to attract another high energy mid (the old version of Smith would be nice but???)

Personally I hope we look within and take Patrick Farrant as a marking forward and Cooper McDonald as a lockdown medium defender. Both those boys deserve a chance.

I'd let Kreuger go for Farrant and then probably Carmichael or Bytel for McDonald.

Couldn’t agree more, McDonald looks really good in my opinion. Hard, good one on one, good mark, really like him.
Farrant has some tricks and would be awesome to watch develop in an elite environment as well.
On the same page here, they are the 2 from the vfl team I’d be looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farrant definitely has potential. McDonald looks good but his disposal looks poor, which is an issue as a HB.

I'm with you on Farrant - really exciting talent. McDonald looks a really good competitor - but I think he needs to improve his kicking before he gets a chance.

I'm with you on Farrant - really exciting talent. McDonald looks a really good competitor - but I think he needs to improve his kicking before he gets a chance.
Farrant intrigues me. He's one of those with a less professional pathway, so despite his age I reckon a preseason in our environment would lead to some huge growth.

Given his ongoing struggle with concussion, Carmichael might be forced to retire.
Don't want to go too early on a rumour I heard, but I was told that he is negotiating a medical retirement at the moment. Not sure how true that is, but I wouldn't be shocked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t agree more, McDonald looks really good in my opinion. Hard, good one on one, good mark, really like him.
Farrant has some tricks and would be awesome to watch develop in an elite environment as well.
On the same page here, they are the 2 from the vfl team I’d be looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does recruitment work in this case? Have to nominate for the draft then hope they’re available to senior list? Or do they happen to already be rookies and can just elevate.

How does recruitment work in this case? Have to nominate for the draft then hope they’re available to senior list? Or do they happen to already be rookies and can just elevate.
Nominate for the draft. Likely not too much interest so we could take late or afterwards.

We brought Mihocek back after 2 weeks from a hamstring.

In what way is that the same thing?

A player showing the doctor a black foot on coming off the ground should be rushed to hospital as a medical emergency.

All possibilities relate to clotting and I would love the 6 possibilities I mentioned. Pretty sure I only mentioned one and the possible complications of the one.
Seeing this is in the Trades thread - can I suggest we trade the clot to Carlton.

Yeah I guess. Membrey looks much taller than he actually is. I was surprised by how long Farrant's legs look 😆 if he's got long arms & legs and can jump & mark & goal, who cares about about a few centimetres, hey.

Definitely got the cult figure look about him too. How I've longed to yell out T(F)ARRANT again.
Tarrant reminds me a bit of Daryl White of the Lions back in the early 2000s.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back