List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

this is crazy thinking from the club.

imagine using a 1st round draft pick on a KPF /KPD from the National Draft instead of shopping in the $2 bin after everyone else has already finished their shopping.

imagine having to wait eons for an 18 yo tall to develop and potentially play a senior game when the team is clearly still in the window.

how is this thinking even being seriously contemplated by the club ..oh thank goodness, the club offered up it's 1st rounder (+ 2nd rounder) for a position it was already well stocked in ..phew!! now, to get back to the bottom of that $2 bin.
The crazy club

Attachments

• 20230930001847213192-original-resized.jpg
    20230930001847213192-original-resized.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 17
With Wright in charge I expect us to follow a similar model to Hawthorne picking up Lake. I.e. Target high calibre players with 2-3 good years left while we’re in the window.

Given our lack of resources in terms of picks, it would be UFA’s, and Michell esque players on the periphery of their clubs, but who fill a need and can be had on the cheap.

I’d like us to do due diligence on:

Yeo (UFA)- could be another Daniel Wells, but could win us another flag too.

Battle (UFA)- younger, but costs us nothing but cap space and fills an immediate need with Murph retiring and Howe close to the end.

Lobb- I’m less sold on, but worth due diligence. No depth in that area, and Dogs would likely give him away for free or even give us something with him as a salary dump if his reported salary is correct. At this point, we just need tall timber to bring the ball to ground in the F50. Mio is nearing the end, and if one of Cox/Cameron go down we’re in strife. Won’t be a popular opinion, but structurally it may make sense.

RFAs - would be targeting cellar-dwellers top talent who may just be willing to let a top liner go if it means pick 1 and 2. LDU in 2025 is the one.

Doubt we have the trade capital to have a crack at Smith from the Doggies, and I’d be reticent to pay anything near what other suitors will likely offer. But if he could be had at a reasonable trade and cap price end of year, well, we’ve all seen how good he can be.

Perhaps there’s a way to bundle Hawks and our second, plus a future second for teams that require points (Suns this year I believe?), to get us into mid first round. If that’s enough to appease the Doggies, then it would be worth consideration.

Last edited:

With Wright in charge I expect us to follow a similar model to Hawthorne picking up Lake. I.e. Target high calibre players with 2-3 good years left while we’re in the window.

Given our lack of resources in terms of picks, it would be UFA’s, and Michell esque players on the periphery of their clubs, but who fill a need and can be had on the cheap.

I’d like us to do due diligence on:

Yeo (UFA)- could be another Daniel Wells, but could win us another flag too.

Battle (UFA)- younger, but costs us nothing but cap space and fills an immediate need with Murph retiring and Howe close to the end.

Lobb- I’m less sold on, but worth due diligence. No depth in that area, and Dogs would likely give him away for free or even give us something with him as a salary dump if his reported salary is correct. At this point, we just need tall timber to bring the ball to ground in the F50. Mio is nearing the end, and if one of Cox/Cameron go down we’re in strife. Won’t be a popular opinion, but structurally it may make sense.

RFAs - would be targeting cellar-dwellers top talent who may just be willing to let a top liner go if it means pick 1 and 2. LDU in 2025 is the one.

Doubt we have the trade capital to have a crack at Smith from the Doggies, and I’d be reticent to pay anything near what other suitors will likely offer. But if he could be had at a reasonable trade and cap price end of year, well, we’ve all seen how good he can be.

Perhaps there’s a way to bundle Hawks and our second, plus a future second for teams that require points (Suns this year I believe?), to get us into mid first round. If that’s enough to appease the Doggies, then it would be worth consideration.
Our 2nd already gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back