List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So we want a midfielder who has played down back because they couldn't crack another teams good, not great midfield.

He has never come close to the contested possession or clearance numbers of Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams etc even in their down years.

Salary cap space is valuable when you have the chance the recruit someone like LDU next year.

This seems like a waste of cap as well as an admission that their drafting has been poor.
It is quite surprising that a guy asked to play mostly lockdown half back roles is not getting the clearance number of inside mids.

Apart from Jeremy Cameron style trades, the best thing you can do is recruit someone who's not getting opportunities with big scale to improve.

Couldn’t agree more. His kick will be a nice addition to the team and his decision making appears solid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We here some really poor reasons from some of our BF tribe. Most of them are more concerned about a players hair or what they do on tik tok etc to be able to see the true qualities a player might bring. We even have people saying they don't want players like JUH. It's a special place at times. I like winning and Perryman will help us win

Man I love BF.
Read about Perryman and get excited.
Then read a whole bunch of people talk about how slow and crap he is.

Then we can all argue about his contested and uncontested disposal numbers.

Fun times.

I’m not against Tomlinson, Lewis young or a Aaron Francis

But it has to be cheap as chips to consider it

Sure we’d love Weitering instead but the club can only go by what’s available and with a poor draft hand… the options are even more limited

Tomlinson/Young, Francis > Dean

Frampton stays on the list as a spare parts, jack of all trades

Getting a mature age plug in and play defender reflects the clubs wishes to roll the dice one more time

Young taller defenders like TJ, Eyre… just not ready anyhow

Hopefully the club gets back into the top 20 of this draft and takes a long term KPD or KPF

Yep the same as Bucks thought we’d be better with Quinten Lynch, Tony Armstrong, Clinton Young, Jordan Russell and Jesse White 👍
Last time I checked, Fly isn’t Buckley and one of them has coached a flag.
Fly also thought Bobby Hill would compliment our team perfectly and went after him. Look how that turned out.

Most clubs have CBA increases built in to their contracts, particularly long term ones.
Iirc the only club that doesn’t is Essendon.
Yeah absolutely which is why I treat that as a given and the $1.2m for those two relative to Perryman should be the base not inclusive of the indexing. They are that much better.

I’m not against Tomlinson, Lewis young or a Aaron Francis

But it has to be cheap as chips to consider it

Sure we’d love Weitering instead but the club can only go by what’s available and with a poor draft hand… the options are even more limited

Tomlinson/Young, Francis > Dean

Frampton stays on the list as a spare parts, jack of all trades

Getting a mature age plug in and play defender reflects the clubs wishes to roll the dice one more time

Young taller defenders like TJ, Eyre… just not ready anyhow

Hopefully the club gets back into the top 20 of this draft and takes a long term KPD or KPF
I hope you have the whiskey out because can be tarred and feathered on here for making such outlandish statements. We absolutely have to bring in a stopgap KD because what we have atm are unproven and quite poor to be honest absolutely have to bring in a KD

Its overs yes, but like mentioned when you dont have to pay anything in terms of trade currency, its the tax you have to pay
People complained about Mcstay's 600k reported 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Man I love BF.
Read about Perryman and get excited.
Then read a whole bunch of people talk about how slow and crap he is.

Then we can all argue about his contested and uncontested disposal numbers.

Fun times.
Meanwhile, you get a prize for knowing which one he is without looking at the names:

1727395960286.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fly brought in Bobby Hill, Tom Mitchell and Billy Frampton his first full off season in charge. I think he knows what he’s doing. Recruit for our needs
Yep agree, but that same off season we still drafted with our first rounder which got us Allan.

That’s my preference, trade or acquire need without jeopardising the first rounder.

If we get a first rounder through a noble trade, I wouldn’t dare give it to port for Houston, Houston isn’t a need, I’d much prefer we draft with that pick

One day you'll solve the riddle of 5+3.
In year 9 my maths teacher told me at the start of the year, if I sit down the back of the room and not disrupt the class, he would pass me in maths. I fell for it 9f course and the bastard failed me. I met again at a school reunion many years later and I walked up to him pretending to be really tough and said to him, "remember me campaigner" . He just laughed and said "it worked though, didn't it"

I hope you have the whiskey out because can be tarred and feathered on here for making such outlandish statements. We absolutely have to bring in a stopgap KD because what we have atm are unproven and quite poor to be honest absolutely have to bring in a KD

What annoys me is that there is a disconnect on here between what’s available, the clubs draft hand and the dream KPD

I mean dreams are for free, sure

But if the club does bring in a Tomlinson, Young or Francis… then I’ll trust their judgment cause their recent record has been very good

Can’t remember the last total spud recruit they bought in…

What annoys me is that there if a disconnect here between what’s available, the clubs draft hand and the dream KPD

I mean dreams are for free

But if the club does bring in a Tomlinson, Young or Francis… then I’ll trust their judgment cause their recent record has been very good

Can’t remember the last total spud recruit they bought in…
Exactly, we wouldn't even talk to a player if we didn't think they'd improve us.

Yep agree, but that same off season we still drafted with our first rounder which got us Allan.

That’s my preference, trade or acquire need without jeopardising the first rounder.

If we get a first rounder through a noble trade, I wouldn’t dare give it to port for Houston, Houston isn’t a need, I’d much prefer we draft with that pick
Houston isn’t a need?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back